Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

They also have that Rodwell who Moyes was saying he sees him as a centre half in the long run and mentioned him being like camelgob. In fact i'm sure i heard/read something this week where moyes says he will have a bigger part to play this season

SWPISHOME said:
£18m is a good price for Lescott when you think of some of the prices for players these days, Pitty Everton dont take £12m and Jo, Lescott is a quality defender hopefully he joins us.

12 is nearer the cash bid as I understand it; dunno about the makeweight - I am strongly compelled to believe that JL would now have to change his mind in order for this NOT to happen

johnmc said:
They also have that Rodwell who Moyes was saying he sees him as a centre half in the long run and mentioned him being like camelgob. In fact i'm sure i heard/read something this week where moyes says he will have a bigger part to play this season

I heard this too

Plus I'm sure Lescott lives in Hale, so he can car share with Dunney and Richards on the way to Carrington..........with the credit crunch and all and his ££££££££££ 100k a week wages, they ll all need to tighten their belts

Kinky by name said:
SWPISHOME said:
£18m is a good price for Lescott when you think of some of the prices for players these days, Pitty Everton dont take £12m and Jo, Lescott is a quality defender hopefully he joins us.

12 is nearer the cash bid as I understand it; dunno about the makeweight - I am strongly compelled to believe that JL would now have to change his mind in order for this NOT to happen
Strongly compelled to believe - sounds almost religious. Certainly promising

I wasn't too keen on this deal when it was mentioned by Spursmad, but perhaps that's because I like dunnie. Met him in the top tier of the Old Kippax Stand at a supporters event, and he was a really nice guy. Always defended him, and he had a lot of critics when he first arrived, but has won most fans around. On reflection I hope we sign Lescott, but keep Dunne. I think he may want to move on.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
manchestermooner said:
How about £16Million + Richards (Year loan)

It's straight cash - Lescott has now told Everton he wants to go.

Says who? Where are the links?

rushts said:
sam the drummer said:
rushts said:
Daz_Blue said:
I would not mind both Lescott and Westermann ..... given the choice I would go for the German ... younger and would cost half the amount

disagree mate, 18m was/is alot of money,with this years inflated fees i think its a fair price for a proven prem player, this imho would be a fantastic buy for us, 100% guaranteed no risk whatsoever.
Personally I'd take a chance on Westermann. Then again we could buy both :D

I know where your coming from, westerman may need to get a season under his belt, where as lescott hits the ground running, MH will not be gambling this season.

How true. Its top 6 or bust for Hughes.
If he didn't make the top 6 with the team he's building...what's the excuse then?

Marvin said:
Kinky by name said:
SWPISHOME said:

Strongly compelled to believe - sounds almost religious. Certainly promising

I wasn't too keen on this deal when it was mentioned by Spursmad, but perhaps that's because I like dunnie. Met him in the top tier of the Old Kippax Stand at a supporters event, and he was a really nice guy. Always defended him, and he had a lot of critics when he first arrived, but has won most fans around. On reflection I hope we sign Lescott, but keep Dunne. I think he may want to move on.

PM mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.