Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan said:
(If the offer decreases) So do your chances of getting him then.

One of the angles that is getting lost here is the fact that we are the fifth best team in the Premier League and we do not want to strengthen a team that will be happy to be where we have finished the last two years running. Even the prediction threads here on Bluemoon have as many people thinking Everton will be City's main competition this year as any of the Sky 4.
What manager in their right mind wants to strengthen one of their biggest opponents? (Thanks for Jo, btw)

No, you were the fifth best team in the Premier League, last season. But the 18th, 19th and 20th have gone now, to be replaced by others. A new season dawns, and nobody knows yet who will finish where. All I know is that we have strengthened whilst weakening our rivals, including Everton by lending you Jo

wantefc said:
Timbobs

Ive never minded City and i think we have come back at yourselves making you out to be the Villians and you have played hard ball with us , its jostling for position.

Im starting to get a bit pissed off now that we have give you no encouragement , and still Mark Hughes is on SSN saying if they say no we will respect their wishes. Do you all not think its getting boring?

From what ive read on our boards and their are a couple of genuine ITK's we will not sell.

I really hope none of the decent City fans would condone a player striking , as a football fan i hate that whatever the club

Cant disagree with the striking part, if you sign a contract, you may want to go and you can do all you like to get a move but lets face it he isnt on buttons and if Everton demand he stays the least he should do is be professional, if he cant manage that, perhaps we are best off not getting him. Mind you its all conjecture to suggest he would at this point. He has every right to express his wish to go, and Everton have every right to say no.

exiled in munich said:
Cobwebcat said:
Everton, we have parked our tank on your lawn and we are firing £s at you. Give up, there really is nothing you can do. Hand him over and walk away or we'll be back and next time it's Arteta :-)

Do you know, that statement is one of the things that is pissing me off about certain City fans on here, and one of the reasons I decided to post in the first place. FFS get a grip, quite gloating and remember when we all thought Billy Sharp was going to be a great signing - oh, and it was only 3 years ago.

It's a joke ":-)" The Eveton guy spotted it. Thicky!

exiled in munich said:
Cobwebcat said:
Everton, we have parked our tank on your lawn and we are firing £s at you. Give up, there really is nothing you can do. Hand him over and walk away or we'll be back and next time it's Arteta :-)

Do you know, that statement is one of the things that is pissing me off about certain City fans on here, and one of the reasons I decided to post in the first place. FFS get a grip, quite gloating and remember when we all thought Billy Sharp was going to be a great signing - oh, and it was only 3 years ago.

i`ve got to admire david moyes and his board of directors, why should they grab their ankles. just because we have more money, we think we can roll over the clubs with less financial strength. thats what the rags and chelski have done for years, but if everton were in our position wouldnt they do exactly the same ?

so although its not fair, im afraid thats life, the mighty devour the meek. dont kid yourself the meek will never inherit the earth sad but true.

nmc said:
Bryan said:

One of the angles that is getting lost here is the fact that we are the fifth best team in the Premier League and we do not want to strengthen a team that will be happy to be where we have finished the last two years running. Even the prediction threads here on Bluemoon have as many people thinking Everton will be City's main competition this year as any of the Sky 4.
What manager in their right mind wants to strengthen one of their biggest opponents? (Thanks for Jo, btw)

You won't stay 5th if you only have conkers and tickets for west end shows in your transfer kitty... and you can have Jo he's better than you've got but not good enough for us.

Screw them keeping Jo, don't give them any charity again. Let them slowly rot away slowly down the league after Moyes jumps to United and they're begging for any sort of money.

nmc said:
Bryan said:

You won't stay 5th if you only have conkers and tickets for west end shows in your transfer kitty... and you can have Jo he's better than you've got but not good enough for us.

Who would of thought we would have stayed 5th last season with more or less the same number players signed this time last year. It wont be as easy as you might think this season, purely because of your money you are more of a scalp for team and your players havent gelled yet!!

This isn't new to Everton or their fans, though. We have been the favorite to lose our European qualification spot for the last few years. One of the things that motivates Moyes and our squad more than anything is the lack of respect we are afforded from the press and other clubs. I fully expect this to light a fire under Moyes the likes of which the PL hasn't seen and I fully expect to take three points from Arsenal this weekend. One of the things that I am encouraged about is our ability to play the top four clubs better in recent years. We have gone from hoping to nick two points a year to genuinely expecting to get four or more.

Looking at a lot of responses on here i get the impression you want Moyes to go to Utd, just because he is doing his job for the club he works for. Just a tad childish i think.

wantefc said:
Timbobs

Ive never minded City and i think we have come back at yourselves making you out to be the Villians and you have played hard ball with us , its jostling for position.

Im starting to get a bit pissed off now that we have give you no encouragement , and still Mark Hughes is on SSN saying if they say no we will respect their wishes. Do you all not think its getting boring?

From what ive read on our boards and their are a couple of genuine ITK's we will not sell.

I really hope none of the decent City fans would condone a player striking , as a football fan i hate that whatever the club

No encouragement publicly perhaps, but behind the scenes???

Anyone who thinks that we have bid, blind so to speak on this are kidding themselves.

This is very much like the RSC deal now, £22m they insisted on, we said no, sat back and got him for £17m in the end, if the figures are to be believed. Thats £5m less revenue for a player who never even kicked another ball for Blackburn! Crazy decision! You might very well win your battle, but the war wont be won.

I honestly think that you guys are going to be seriously pissed off with Mr Moyes and co soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.