Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
wantefc said:
Lol if it ever came to Arteta , you can have Lescott for nowt...cant help feeling if you do get him for £22 mill or whatever you might feel a bit disappointed when you see him week in week out, he is good dont get me wrong im not going down the road of he was shit anyway, but for that money id want a lot more!
So why doesn't Moyes respect his players wishes and sell him then. Where do you get £22 M from? £18 Mill was the last fugure quoted, and since then the player has handed in a transfer request. From now on in, the fee goes down

If you think about it Moyes is looking at the bigger picture not just sticking his fingers in his ears shouting Lalalalalal!
He obviously knows or has a projection of what will happen so in that i will trust his judgement, the way some of you are talking we are going to go bust if we dont accept and its our own fault. What if all of a sudden Real Madrid came in for Tevez for silly money you dont want, i think Mr Hughes would say to him something about him signing a contract

Timbobs said:
Bryan said:
So do your chances of getting him then.
Must be a victory if your best piece of transfer activity this summer is to hold on to a player who has made it clear he wants out. Way to go, that sky is the limit.

I definitely agree with that. Keeping together a top five squad in this day and age is an accomplishment. Even moreso when we are as skint as it appears.

Blue Mooner said:
Why they are not treating Lescott in the same way they treated Wayne Rooney is beyond me.

I think it is because of the following reasons:

a. Rooney was showing potential to be world class, but had only 1 good season at the time. Flashes of brilliance but he may not come to fruition (Danny Cadamateri had a similar impact for Everton at that age, where is he now? as did James Milner at Liverpool)
b. The Man Utd offer was too good to miss at the time - up to 29 mill I think, this was what 4 years ago when every other club, bar Man U & Chelsea had barely bought a 10 million pound player - we had 1, Anelka.
c. Man Utd were obviously better than Everton at that time, therefore it was a step up and Utd were not rivals of Everton, of Liverpool certainly, but not Everton. Everton at that time expected to lose to Man Utd. Man City are not obviously better and are theoretically directly going for the Europa Cup slots to their, Everton, minds and no matter how many players we have bought, the season has not kicked off yet so therefore we do not know if we are better than that.
d. Rooney cost nothing, if Sturridge would've had a long term contract would we have sold him for 29 million, in the same way, I think so - even now.
e. Lescott has a sell on clause, nobody seems to know what it is but it means the whole transfer fee is not theirs
f. Rooney was not, at the time, a first team regular, however it also seemed to smooth the way for the subsequent transfer of Saha.

I think that's why they are treating it differently.

Oh, and of course because it's us that is asking and not United. You can't bite the hand that may be feeding you in a couple of years time, eh Moyesy?

Timbobs

Ive never minded City and i think we have come back at yourselves making you out to be the Villians and you have played hard ball with us , its jostling for position.

Im starting to get a bit pissed off now that we have give you no encouragement , and still Mark Hughes is on SSN saying if they say no we will respect their wishes. Do you all not think its getting boring?

From what ive read on our boards and their are a couple of genuine ITK's we will not sell.

I really hope none of the decent City fans would condone a player striking , as a football fan i hate that whatever the club

Nice to see 2 EFC guests making some valid points, balancing the discussion and thankfully not getting abused for doing it.

In truth none of us has a clue what is gonna happen.

Bryan said:
Timbobs said:
Must be a victory if your best piece of transfer activity this summer is to hold on to a player who has made it clear he wants out. Way to go, that sky is the limit.

I definitely agree with that. Keeping together a top five squad in this day and age is an accomplishment. Even moreso when we are as skint as it appears.

Yea, with a player who wants out, surrounded by teams to have vastly improved this summer while Moyes ignores his only chance of getting money and compete. Yes, you have been a top 6 team for a couple of years, the question remains will Everton be there this term, I would seriously doubt it, I predict them finishing behind City, Villa and Spurs in 8th. But, you managed to keep a want-a-way defender which would have got you a decent transfer kitty for Moyes to get some gems from the Championship using the same tactics City are to get Lescott.

Again, way to go.

Bryan said:
(If the offer decreases) So do your chances of getting him then.

One of the angles that is getting lost here is the fact that we are the fifth best team in the Premier League and we do not want to strengthen a team that will be happy to be where we have finished the last two years running. Even the prediction threads here on Bluemoon have as many people thinking Everton will be City's main competition this year as any of the Sky 4.
What manager in their right mind wants to strengthen one of their biggest opponents? (Thanks for Jo, btw)

You won't stay 5th if you only have conkers and tickets for west end shows in your transfer kitty... and you can have Jo he's better than you've got but not good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.