Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
Everton, we have parked our tank on your lawn and we are firing £s at you. Give up, there really is nothing you can do. Hand him over and walk away or we'll be back and next time it's Arteta :-)

Lol if it ever came to Arteta , you can have Lescott for nowt...cant help feeling if you do get him for £22 mill or whatever you might feel a bit disappointed when you see him week in week out, he is good dont get me wrong im not going down the road of he was shit anyway, but for that money id want a lot more!

Barry was different, he only had a few months left on his contract so knew he would leave anyway. Playing well for him was not a problem, he was merely showing off his ability for his new team;)

Lescott has 3 years remaining so in reality him getting his head down and giving his all will be some what more difficult imo.

wantefc said:
Cobwebcat said:
Everton, we have parked our tank on your lawn and we are firing £s at you. Give up, there really is nothing you can do. Hand him over and walk away or we'll be back and next time it's Arteta :-)

Lol if it ever came to Arteta , you can have Lescott for nowt...cant help feeling if you do get him for £22 mill or whatever you might feel a bit disappointed when you see him week in week out, he is good dont get me wrong im not going down the road of he was shit anyway, but for that money id want a lot more!

Agree, way too much money for me.

That said he ticks the boxes that we require and his premiership experience is a big plus point.

alera said:
Who thinks Lescott will play for Everton on Saturday ?

I dont. Mystery injury or "Head not right" are the excuses I can see comming.
i actually think he'll play for them and it'll be to our favour! everton at this moment have yobo and lescott fit to play CB at the weekend and its against arsenal, not a rubbish outfit, because lescotts transfer request has come in "last minute" it has left everton in a sticky 1, moyes could have said to lescott and the everton board "i need to get through the arsenal game, let me get through that and maybe a deal will be done" i know that is just my opinion, but i think something along those lines could occur.

wantefc said:
Cobwebcat said:

So why doesn't Moyes respect his players wishes and sell him then. Where do you get £22 M from? £18 Mill was the last fugure quoted, and since then the player has handed in a transfer request. From now on in, the fee goes down

Blue Mooner

I wasnt having a go but i think and to some extent justifiably that some of you are getting carried away and how can anyone say no to you.
The statment about him being a slave is outrageous if thats the case why arent all contracts 2 years long.
I dont want anyone unhappy at my club but if he stays so be it ,it world cup year and its all up to him

wantefc said:
Timbobs said:
He has a point, after seeing how Moyes is acting in this affair, why would a player, who in respect to Everton, use them to get noticed by bigger teams such as Sky Four or on mainland, even think about signing a 5 year deal with Everton. With Everton's limited resources, these are the players they would try and pick up, though will they take the risk with Everton now?

I don't think he is saying what you gross over reaction in implying, that Everton won't somehow sign players, what he is saying is would the likes of Elm want to join a club, which he would more than likely want to be a stepping stone, if he would be refused that step.

If I were an Everton player, seeing how Lescott is being treated, I would feel like a prisoner, looks like Cahill looks at it the same way.

You could actually flip the arguement and say why would players come to a club with no ambition, because the way i see it if we fight for our better players it shows more ambition than selling them.

And to flip again, fighting to keep players against their will. I hardly think that Everton selling Lescott would stink of lack of ambition like the fire sell at Pompey. What i would say is that Everton ignoring a great chance to improve their squad by getting £20m to bring in 4-5 new gems and fight for Champions League place with a bigger talented squad, instead, relying on loans (from a terrible Satan worshipping team of City) and hoping, maybe against hope (since City, Villa and Spurs have brought in quality) for same old same old. That stinks of lack of ambition.

(If the offer decreases) So do your chances of getting him then.

One of the angles that is getting lost here is the fact that we are the fifth best team in the Premier League and we do not want to strengthen a team that will be happy to be where we have finished the last two years running. Even the prediction threads here on Bluemoon have as many people thinking Everton will be City's main competition this year as any of the Sky 4.
What manager in their right mind wants to strengthen one of their biggest opponents? (Thanks for Jo, btw)

Lomas has a lob on said:
alera said:
Who thinks Lescott will play for Everton on Saturday ?

I dont. Mystery injury or "Head not right" are the excuses I can see comming.
i actually think he'll play for them and it'll be to our favour! everton at this moment have yobo and lescott fit to play CB at the weekend and its against arsenal, not a rubbish outfit, because lescotts transfer request has come in "last minute" it has left everton in a sticky 1, moyes could have said to lescott and the everton board "i need to get through the arsenal game, let me get through that and maybe a deal will be done" i know that is just my opinion, but i think something along those lines could occur.

if he plays and one of his dodgy knees gets shot, the insurance money is going to fall considerably short of the city offer i guess, Moyes may be willing to take the risk but its not his money is it, if there is any possibility of him signing for City I would be surprised if he played on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.