Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wantefc said:
Del_Bosque said:
Another part of this which will probably hurt Everton is that any agent with half a brain isn't going to let there client sign any contracts for a Moyes side without a minimum release fee clause. Personally I think they should be in all contracts anyway.

Yes but you would being mega rich, i think they shouldnt have release clauses....the players know what they are doing when the clubs are making them millionaires by signing long term contracts.
Wonder how you would feel if it was still the old City struggling to make ends meet....
I'd be gutted that the player wanted to leave, but pleased that we were getting good money for him. Moyes runs the risk of alienating the player and seeing his value drop

Look what happened to Barry at Villa. They ended up getting £12 Mill for him.

wantefc said:
The Fixer said:
Mate i watched a documentary on David Moyes a while back and even his brother said he is the most stubborn person he's ever met. He is a very single minded person and sometimes ruthless to the point it does affect his decision making.

If i was kenwright i'd drive lescott to carrington for the sums of money being mentioned.

Mate if it was any earlier in the transfer window id drive lescott in my honda civic for £22 million. Dont think Lescott has done himself any favours leaving it so late to put the request in. In someways if he doesnt get his move then its his own fault too

I agree he could of slappen in a request a couple of weeks ago and has probably made things a wee bit more difficult.

btw is it a type R?

Surprised there has not been anything new in the press today really. All hell must have broken loose when he got back to Everton....

Badwool76 said:
As an Everton Supporter who has watched Lescott progress ever since we signed him I still cannot believe the amount of money you have bid and look like continuing to bid . It is pure madness that your club will consider spending such an amount on a player who frankly isnt worth 10 million let alone 18 - 20 ? Its provided me with no end of amusment watching the hapless Mark Hughes throw the amount of cash around that he has . The man is spunking some serious cash on some frankly average players . Hughes will not last ten minutes at City . He will not win the league with players like Lescott . Moyes is a master at getting the best out of average players . Lescott will soon learn the harsh truth should he go which I hope to god he will at 20 million . It will be totally different at City under Hughes .Just going off the comments Jo has made since he joined us about Hughes and the spirit within the City team .

The Everton team has a special spirit which is why we have produced the goods consistantly with next to fcuk all compared to Manchester United & Chelsea . Id enjoy this moment in time if I were you because come christmas it will be TOTALLY different . Goodluck to you though . I always had a soft spot for City and its good to see an average club get a chance at unsettling the elite .

Goodluck chaps

I think Hughes managing to get the most from Bentley, RSC, Lucas Neill and Bellamy (to the point that Liverpool stumped up for him) compares with Moyes getting the best from Lescott, Cahill, Arteta. How Moyes has made Tony Hibbert look so good is beyond me though.

Jo tried to get Hughes sacked because he thought he was being trained too hard. That says more about him than Hughes methinks. Our aim isn't to win the league, it's to break top 4, surely the same aim as other "average clubs" like Everton?

Badwool76 said:
As an Everton Supporter who has watched Lescott progress ever since we signed him I still cannot believe the amount of money you have bid and look like continuing to bid . It is pure madness that your club will consider spending such an amount on a player who frankly isnt worth 10 million let alone 18 - 20 ? Its provided me with no end of amusment watching the hapless Mark Hughes throw the amount of cash around that he has . The man is spunking some serious cash on some frankly average players . Hughes will not last ten minutes at City . He will not win the league with players like Lescott . Moyes is a master at getting the best out of average players . Lescott will soon learn the harsh truth should he go which I hope to god he will at 20 million . It will be totally different at City under Hughes .Just going off the comments Jo has made since he joined us about Hughes and the spirit within the City team .

The Everton team has a special spirit which is why we have produced the goods consistantly with next to fcuk all compared to Manchester United & Chelsea . Id enjoy this moment in time if I were you because come christmas it will be TOTALLY different . Goodluck to you though . I always had a soft spot for City and its good to see an average club get a chance at unsettling the elite .

Goodluck chaps

Funny, Hughes has already lasted a season.

Jo was always going to be complimentary considering he was gash and spent more time rolling around on the floor than on his feet. We were also a team in transition, our team is now a Hughes squad, lets see how our team spirit is now eh?

See you chap.

Badwool76 said:

Goodluck chaps

And good luck to yourselves.

We have spent money on players who are in the top 5 in their position in the Premiership, with the exception of RSC. We have bought to strengthen certain roles within the club, and the need was identified last year for a left sided centre back. If we were listing the top 5 left sided centre backs in the Premiership, about half of those lists would include Lescott.

You backhanded compliments are not needed though. City have never been an 'average club', Hughes has the backing of the Chairman and owner as long as he keeps meeting their goals; last year was top 10, this year is top 6, you have no reason to believe that the spirit at City is good or bad, Jo has never been directly quoted slagging the club.

Apart from the actual content in your post though, it's a good post. Some really nice spaces in there, and that question mark really hit me out of the blue, such was it's impact and wit.

The only reason I can see us letting them have Jo if unconnected to the Lescott deal is :

- We dont see them as any sort of threat moving forward.

- Despite Everton only having one other fit (and injury prone) forward available at the moment, Hughes thinks Jo is so bad he will make their team worse overall.

At the end of the day we could have put him in the shop window anywhere, we were worried enough about Boj and Caicedo biting us back we shipped them off abroad and there was loads of interest in the prem, Fulham, West Ham, Stoke, Hull etc.

Is there any other way of looking at it ? Hes picked up an ankle injured whilst there anyway....

Badwool76 said:

Goodluck chaps

Cant help but give a few snide digs can you?

Hapless Hughes you say?
No end of amusement watching him bid silly amounts for Lescott who isn't worth £10m you say?
Barry, Tevez, Adebayor, RSC, Toure average you say?
Consistently produced the goods you say? what goods? stolen one's by any chance because you have won the same as us, fuck all!

Tell me, if Hughes is hapless bidding so much for one of your players who by your rekoning, is worth nothing like that much, what does it make that GOD of a manager you have, for not accepting it? After all, you would be having our pants down!

Just had some real nice info, believe or don't believe I'm not arsed as we will all find out if it is true at 1730 saturday. Lescott is going to refuse to play for Everton. Excellent source, it is from somebody that I know knows him indirectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.