Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alera said:
The only reason I can see us letting them have Jo if unconnected to the Lescott deal is :

- We dont see them as any sort of threat moving forward.

- DespiteEverton only having one other fit (and injury prone) forward available at the moment, Hughes thinks Jo is so bad he will make their team worse overall.

At the end of the day we could have put him in the shop window anywhere, we were worried enough about Boj and Caicedo biting us back we shipped them off abroad and there was loads of interest in the prem, Fulham, West Ham, Stoke, Hull etc.

Is there any other way of looking at it ?

Hughes was desperate to get rid, and Everton were the only team in for him.

Cant help but give a few snide digs can you?

They are all like that to be honest though. I still cant understand why even a handful of people on here humour them.

Badwool76 said:
As an Everton Supporter who has watched Lescott progress ever since we signed him I still cannot believe the amount of money you have bid and look like continuing to bid . It is pure madness that your club will consider spending such an amount on a player who frankly isnt worth 10 million let alone 18 - 20 ? Its provided me with no end of amusment watching the hapless Mark Hughes throw the amount of cash around that he has . The man is spunking some serious cash on some frankly average players . Hughes will not last ten minutes at City . He will not win the league with players like Lescott . Moyes is a master at getting the best out of average players . Lescott will soon learn the harsh truth should he go which I hope to god he will at 20 million . It will be totally different at City under Hughes .Just going off the comments Jo has made since he joined us about Hughes and the spirit within the City team .

The Everton team has a special spirit which is why we have produced the goods consistantly with next to fcuk all compared to Manchester United & Chelsea . Id enjoy this moment in time if I were you because come christmas it will be TOTALLY different . Goodluck to you though . I always had a soft spot for City and its good to see an average club get a chance at unsettling the elite .

Goodluck chaps

Jo was, and still is Grade-A shite. He was the fucker that was causing some of the problems we had in the dressing last year. As soon as he cleared off and we reigned in Elano things settled down quite nicely.

Badwool76 said:
As an Everton Supporter who has watched Lescott progress ever since we signed him I still cannot believe the amount of money you have bid and look like continuing to bid . It is pure madness that your club will consider spending such an amount on a player who frankly isnt worth 10 million let alone 18 - 20 ? Its provided me with no end of amusment watching the hapless Mark Hughes throw the amount of cash around that he has . The man is spunking some serious cash on some frankly average players . Hughes will not last ten minutes at City . He will not win the league with players like Lescott . Moyes is a master at getting the best out of average players . Lescott will soon learn the harsh truth should he go which I hope to god he will at 20 million . It will be totally different at City under Hughes .Just going off the comments Jo has made since he joined us about Hughes and the spirit within the City team .

The Everton team has a special spirit which is why we have produced the goods consistantly with next to fcuk all compared to Manchester United & Chelsea . Id enjoy this moment in time if I were you because come christmas it will be TOTALLY different . Goodluck to you though . I always had a soft spot for City and its good to see an average club get a chance at unsettling the elite .

Goodluck chaps

Why do so many Everton fans seem to spend ages composing literate posts with half-decent and pertinent points then ruin them with a bitchy remark or a snide dig?

Seems a waste of time to me.

Badwool76 said:

Goodluck chaps

Hughes will not last 10 mins ??? He's been there a season already you clown.

The last time we played, we embarrassed you at your life on mars stadium. I've never had a soft spot for Everton. Shit fans shit ground and shit hoof ball style football.

I see another cockroach Evertonian has joined the forum with more untruths and little digs.

Their usernames should be in green.

Blue Mooner said:
Thanks Timbobs that's exactly what I am saying, when the best talent become availabe and have a choice of a number of clubs, this type of treatment of Lescott may make them choose another club over Everton.

I'm not dissing Everton, they're a big club but unfortunatley for them they are in the situation we were in before the Sheikh bought us in that they don't have the necessary resources to compete with the top 4. Everton are a victim of circumstance.

What were the effects of Villa not selling Barry to Liverpool, selling only when he had 12 months left on his contract? Was there a single young player who thought "better not sign for them"? Does Delph have no ambition? Berbatov was angling for a move 13 months before Spurs finally relented. Was Modric aware of this? Blackburn wouldn't sell Santa Cruz for a year, so they're out too.

You are assuming that young players will see "Everton turn down £18m for Lescott", and will think that means that Everton will never accept a bid from a big club ever. This is highly unlikely, partly because other clubs turn down these bids too, partly because Everton have accepted offers from big clubs in the past (Rooney and Gravesen) but mostly because a clubs reputation is based on their league position and the money offered. If players chose teams based on which club would improve them as a player and give them the best chance of getting a big move, then nobody would sign for Spurs and Newcastle who have an abysmal record at bringing players on. Yet time and time again players go there.

Why is everyone so keen to assume the extreme will occur? Lescott wants to leave, so if Everton don't sell him he will play poorly for Everton (thus costing himself any chance of a big move in future, and any chance of an England place). Young players will never sign long term contracts at Everton (the logic apparently being that Everton should sell their top players, because if they don't they will never be able to hold onto their top players).

Everton fans do it too - assuming that selling the player will be a disaster no matter what the price, that no good player will ever sign for us. When we sold Rooney, some though no player would ever sign for us again. That lasted about 3 months.

You aren't the first club to offer a player a huge pay increase but have their transfer bid turned down. Everton aren't the first to refuse one. These things happen all the time, and in the real world these extremes rarely happen.

Blue Mooner said:
Why they are not treating Lescott in the same way they treated Wayne Rooney is beyond me.

Like a lot of City fans on here, you seem to be under the impression that we should do the player a favour. We didn't do Rooney a favour, it was a business decision. Rooney wasn't worth £26m to Everton. We finished 17th in his last season. In his last game, we got snotted 5-1 by your lot. He wasn't effective because he got no supply and we had no idea where to play him (including some comical attempts at 4-3-3). A lot of Everton fans didn't like it at the time, but in truth swapping Rooney for about 4-5 first team players was a good move.

Selling Lescott is different, because our team is much better. Unlike 5 years ago, £3m players wouldn't get near our first team. Dispite what some Everton fans think, EVERY Everton player is for sale if they right offer came in. But it's a question of whether the money offered will improve the team. Moyes thinks £18m won't.

alera said:
Cant help but give a few snide digs can you?

They are all like that to be honest though. I still cant understand why even a handful of people on here humour them.

I'm coming around to your way of thinking mate, they are getting boring now.

Jo is a better player and prospect then Santa Cruz who we just waisted 17 mil on. It will be proven this season, Mark Hughes is a clown.

Badwool76 said:
It will be totally different at City under Hughes .Just going off the comments Jo has made since he joined us about Hughes and the spirit within the City team.

The squad morale is very good thank you very much now we've got rid of the moaners and complainers (Jo + Elano)
They couldn't hack hard work and discipline, the one thing that Hughes demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.