Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This transfer is as much, if not more, down to the internal politics at Everton than City and Everton's respective positions, or Moyes' view of a player's worth.

The idea that anyone else will ever offer a sum approaching £20m for Lescott is risible. It simply will not happen, ever.

Given that Moyes is desperate to strengthen his squad, and has no funds to do so, if he were being purely logical about this he would screw £22m out of us, reinvest £10-12m in a replacement CB, who is younger and cheaper wages-wise than Lescott, and spend the rest on the other areas of weakness in the Everton squad.

However, there are several factors that complicate this. One is that Moyes has allowed this issue to get personal, but more important are that: (1) he is immensely frustrated at having to 'sell to buy' despite his huge success so far; (2) he knows that Kenwright would like to sell, but he wants to assert his personal control over team affairs; (3) he suspects that he would not, in fact, see the whole £22m and suspects that some of it, at least, would go into the Kirby pot.

The deciding factor in this saga, other than Lescott's behaviour over the next few weeks, is what happens within Everton.

Kenwright simply cannot risk openly overruling Moyes, as that would risk losing the manager. And then Everton would be royally fvcked. So he needs to persuade him to sell. Will that happen? Who the fuck knows. I would just add this. I think Moyes is being a little unreasonable with his chairman, because I cannot see how Kenwright can be expected to magic up the funds to compete. And for Everton's future, well beyond the Moyes era, the issue of a new stadium is crucial.

The way I see it, Moyes should just shut his ginger head and sell us the player - I mean, Everton are a team that's going nowhere fast and surely he must recognise this.

He should be satisfied with buying young players from the Championship, grooming them into Premier League players, and then selling them on to Clubs with genuine ambition to challenge for honours - its a complement that a Club like us want to buy a player he's developed and is a testament to the job he's doing there.

Frankly, Everton are a team who are clearly punching above their weight in the league at the moment, but it can't last without investment. Moyes should bide his time til some money comes into the club by developing his players and selling them on to Big Clubs thus generating finance for himself in this way - I think he's getting ideas above his station at the moment, and this whole approach will blow up in his face when he's left with a threadbare squad, short on quality, with their only decent player wanting out. Shame on him!

So what do we reckon the chances are of Hughes and Moyes respectfully shaking hands and having a little cuddle together when we first play them this season? It's going to be... hmm... shall we say, frosty?

I'm slightly gutted that the Everton game was postponed due to the Europa League! Next Wednesday would have been quite interesting!

I've just checked the fixtures and the other game against Everton is on January 16th, bang smack in the middle of the January transfer window. Hmmmm...........

He remains hopeful of a positive outcome in his bid for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos, although the clubs are believed to be still some way from agreeing a fee.

"We have a good team but what we do not have is back-up, and that is what we are trying to get," Moyes said.

"The bid for Senderos has been with [Arsenal] for a while now and maybe it is getting closer."

How is what David Moyles doin any different to what we are! And he gives us so much stick!

The Fixer said:
Everton with a wafer thin squad, Jags out, Yobo off to ACN, saha injury prone same as YAK european fixtures will not get in the top 6 this season add to taht pienaar not signing his new contract Lescott all over the place.... not looking good imho.

on to of that they`ve got jo

UNLUCKY

Oh don't worry Hughesy won't let this rest, im sure he fire back. There's no way he was making that up.

mcfcliam said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Well , you might be right Matty , but I'm not sure we have too many options at the moment .
You must understand that we have NO COVER for our defense , so how can we further reduce our numbers at this time ?

For human and unselfish reasons.

Liam , you need to be more open minded about this difficult situation .

Moyes isn't being selfish , but looking after the interests of the club . Evertons future must come first , and though we all have different opinions on how best to deal with this situation , there are obviously things in Moyes mind which we are not able to figure in our own equations .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.