Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darker shade of Blue said:
The Fixer said:
Oh right, i must of dreamt Lescott's agent on talksport saying he will strike if needs must!!

Do you really think that will happen m8 ?

Lescott is in the public eye , and his actions and responses will be used to judge him .
If he acts like a kid who can't get his own way , then what will that do to his future options ?
Would he still figure in Capellos plans , or any other managers plans that may wish to sign him if he goes on strike ?

Lescotts advisors would be fairly useless if they advised him to act anything other than highly professional .

You think Capello gives a shit if Lescott strikes and gets a move to City on the back of it? As long as he's playing football, and doing so well, that's all he'll care about. As for "other managers" who cares, if he gets to move to City thta will be the biggest move of his career to date (for several reasons), any move thereafter will be controlled by how well he does here and not how he moved away from Everton.

I actually feel sorry for Lescott in all of this. He's trying to further his career, like any human being, and is being denied for very selfish reasons. Perhaps Mr Moyes forgot wanting to leave Preston for Everton.

*singingtheblues* said:
So what's the latest?

From what I've gathered from a few previous posts it doesn't look good - correct?

Sorry, but I really can't be arsed digging through this thread!

Moyes has basically stated that he makes the decisions , and Lescott though interested in City , is staying .

In other words Moyes has said what he's being saying for a few weeks, so no new developments.

Matty said:
Really don't know m8 .
Are there other examples of this scenario between other players and their clubs ?
I guess I'm hoping it might blow over , and review the situation once Jags is back .
That's working on the (I'd wager) misguided assumption that there will be anything to review when Jags is back. We need a defensive addition, Hughes has earmarked Lescott as that man. If we don't get him, and I'd assume we're in the last few days of the period we're prepared to wait, then I fully expect us to move on to our next target, whoever that may be. I'd be very surprised if, come January, when Jagielka is fit, City were still interested in signing Lescott. We'd have moved on, and you'd have a player on your books who has seen his only legitimate chance at earning £100k a week and challenging for honours in the coming seasons removed from him by David Moyes. Think he'll be happy? Think he'll be motivated? Think he'll be signing a new deal at any point? Think he'll EVER command £20m from anyone else? I reckon "NO" is the answer all those questions.

Well , you might be right Matty , but I'm not sure we have too many options at the moment .
You must understand that we have NO COVER for our defense , so how can we further reduce our numbers at this time ?

The Fixer said:
Do you really think that will happen m8 ?

Lescott is in the public eye , and his actions and responses will be used to judge him .
If he acts like a kid who can't get his own way , then what will that do to his future options ?
Would he still figure in Capellos plans , or any other managers plans that may wish to sign him if he goes on strike ?

Lescotts advisors would be fairly useless if they advised him to act anything other than highly professional .

Tbf mate he's down the England pecking order anyway, the rest of the english defenders behind him are dire.

Moyes is being the childish one at this moment in time, stubborn ginger fecker!!!!!

i dont think you can blame everton or moyes for digging their heels in , i wish we had managers and board members with a bit more resilience in the past, dont you if your completely honest ?

Matty said:
That's working on the (I'd wager) misguided assumption that there will be anything to review when Jags is back. We need a defensive addition, Hughes has earmarked Lescott as that man. If we don't get him, and I'd assume we're in the last few days of the period we're prepared to wait, then I fully expect us to move on to our next target, whoever that may be. I'd be very surprised if, come January, when Jagielka is fit, City were still interested in signing Lescott. We'd have moved on, and you'd have a player on your books who has seen his only legitimate chance at earning £100k a week and challenging for honours in the coming seasons removed from him by David Moyes. Think he'll be happy? Think he'll be motivated? Think he'll be signing a new deal at any point? Think he'll EVER command £20m from anyone else? I reckon "NO" is the answer all those questions.

Well , you might be right Matty , but I'm not sure we have too many options at the moment .
You must understand that we have NO COVER for our defense , so how can we further reduce our numbers at this time ?

For human and unselfish reasons.

Matty said:

Dsob- moyes takes the best part of 20 mill he'll have the cash to strengthen.

it stopped being about lescott, city or everton a while ago, this is all about the wee bug-eyed ginger fella now. hopefully hughes will needle him again, todays outburst was quite impressive, he really doesn't mind painting himself in a corner. even if we don't get the player, it's really rather entertaining.

Matty said:

By reducing your numbers you get £20m, that money can then be used to buy the recruits Moyes is moaning he can't afford. I'd have thought that was simple. £20m (minus the amount owed to Wolves) would get you a centre half to replace Lescott, plus you'd still have probably £12m or so left for a couple more additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.