Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton1878 said:
Optimus Prime said:
But you're not going to be a rival for a European spot, so your argument has no foundation - thats what makes me laugh about all this - talk about delusions of grandeur. I can understand not selling to your rivals, so if this was about Lescott going to Wigan or Stoke or Hull or someone like that, then I could sypathise with your argument - surely even you must admit that we're a shoe in for Europe and you guys will have concerns elsewhere in the League, shall we say, so why not sell us the player!

And as for the rest of your squad - tell me one other player of yours that you can genuinely see one of the Big Clubs like us being interested in - I'm looking forward to hearing this one

How do you work out we're not rivals for a European spot when we have the same squad we had last season when we finished 5th?

Arteta, Jagielka, Howard, Baines, Yakubu, Fellaini, Pienaar...

you wil be lucky to finish 7th behind tottyham

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Everton1878 said:
You still bought him, that's my main argument. Regardless of price.

Although Wikipedia does say 18m and everyone knows Wikipedia is never wrong.

We didnt pay £18m but we didnt only pay the £4m Fixer quoted either, therefore by definition, this is an argument between two people niether of which know any facts ? How will this pan out I wonder ? My guess would be another 200 pages of name calling and no resolution !

This thread is just amusing now and probably has as much right to be in off topic as it does the transfer forum lol

Hahahahaha.

I agree with you mate, I don't think you have paid anywhere near 18m for him, as you said it's just the touted price.

I could call you some names if you want though.

Optimus Prime said:
But you're not going to be a rival for a European spot, so your argument has no foundation - thats what makes me laugh about all this - talk about delusions of grandeur. I can understand not selling to your rivals, so if this was about Lescott going to Wigan or Stoke or Hull or someone like that, then I could sypathise with your argument - surely even you must admit that we're a shoe in for Europe and you guys will have concerns elsewhere in the League, shall we say, so why not sell us the player!

And as for the rest of your squad - tell me one other player of yours that you can genuinely see one of the Big Clubs like us being interested in - I'm looking forward to hearing this one

It's comments like this which is becoming the epitome of all things wrong at City .
If you can write this , and not do so tongue in cheek , then I pity your perception of football .

Darker shade of Blue said:
de niro said:
messi v rooney

both outstanding
both can win a game in a split second
but only one is a nailed on proven success in the prem, no bedding in, no homesickness, no tanting, no shirking the riggers of the prem..
i am not saying messi would have any of those things but we know rooney HAS walked the walk.in that light given we have to get it right straight away i would take rooney at this moment in time, messi can join in jan.

rag or not rooney is truly an outstanding player, not just in his position, all over the park.

Rooney is the best player in the Prem in my opinion .
If he was a male model , he would get more credit . Messi is a great player in his own right , but if I had the chance to bring one player to Everton , it would be Wayne Rooney .
The guy is so good it beggars belief if you understand the game properly .

Messi can create/score a goal out of nothing whereas Rooney cannot.

Everton1878 said:
The Fixer said:
Most fans i know say everton punch above their weight!!

Yak has come back from that bad injury but will he stay fit?

Jags is a massive miss for you, yobo is ok nowt special and is offski to ACN.

Jo we payed 4 mill up front the rest is on acheiving cups etc so you don't have a clue my blue dipping friend!

Then the fans you know are idiots.

Yak has never shown himself to be consistently injured so why he wouldn't come back fit I don't know.

Jags will be back 2 months before ACN so we will have cover.

You still bought him. That's my point.

With the injury yak suffered other niggling injuries tend to be part and parcel of the process of reagaing full match fitness ( i did study physio for several years)

Jags is missing now and imo that will hurt you!

Jo ok we bought him so fcuking what? he's shite can't make our bench so we let you poor frckers have and we still pay his wages!

PS.. shall we buy you a new ground while we're at it?

yes that last bit was arrogany;-)

bluevengence said:
Everton1878 said:
How do you work out we're not rivals for a European spot when we have the same squad we had last season when we finished 5th?

Arteta, Jagielka, Howard, Baines, Yakubu, Fellaini, Pienaar...

you wil be lucky to finish 7th behind tottyham

It's looking like we will struggle. We've yet to add players to our squad but there is still some time. The main problem with Everton is that we have a chairman unwilling to sell and he's skint.

But we have one of the best managers in the world and if he can hold onto his squad there is nothing to say that he can't get 5th again.

svennis pennis said:
This thread has turned into a complete shit fest.

wayne Rooney is the best player in the world eh. Not biased there i see. FUCK OFF!

How the moderators have resisted the ban hammer is beyond me. More and more signing up by the day to have a dig.

Spot on Svennis!

1.chelsea
2.liverpool
3.rags
4.arse
5.villa
6.us
7.spurs
8.everton
9.west ham
10.sunderland

thats how i see the top half finishing next season what with all the talk of where people will finish

twinkletoes said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Rooney is the best player in the Prem in my opinion .
If he was a male model , he would get more credit . Messi is a great player in his own right , but if I had the chance to bring one player to Everton , it would be Wayne Rooney .
The guy is so good it beggars belief if you understand the game properly .

Messi can create/score a goal out of nothing whereas Rooney cannot.

You're welcome to your opinion , though I have to say I don't share it .

Everton1878 said:
ox-blue said:
Everton fans answer this,
If and i mean if Hughes has gone above Moyes's head and approached Kenwright and Kenwright accepts his offer where would that leave Moyes in your eyes?

Moyes would walk and I'd support him.

I wouldn't put it past Everton.

We wold Duncan Ferguson to Newcastle behind Walter Smith's back.

Are people in Everton a little overcome with a case of the fuckwitts??

If a club buys a player from say Everton or anywhere else, do they realy think that the manager is the one who sits in the board room negotiating the deal with the other club???

The two boards decided the fee and if they sell, the manager makes a recomendation to them but he is at the end of the day a member of staff(one who is getting above his station, not sure how our board would take hughes telling the world press he runs our club)

In all cases the board contact the other clubs chaiman to get the ball rolling. Has moyes been down to Arsenal to argue how much senderos is worth??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.