Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If gollum sticks to his guns on this I think this would be his Phil Brown moment when he took the players on the pitch at half time at COMS - a monumental dropped bollock.

As I've said the player wants to go and the only person stopping the deal from happening is Moyes.

What must the rest of the Everton dressing room be thinking. What if that was me? What if Man U bid for me in the future will Moyes take the same stance? He will have lost a huge amount of respect from those players imo

Time for Moyes to relent - he's been good at finding gems before so no reason why he couldn't do a huge amount with it. Like I've said before by trying to drive the price of Lescott way above his true value he is only going to inflate prices on players that he will bid on.

If he doesn't sell its quite clear he is only after one thing and that's baconface's job, looking after his interests and not the interests of EFC

Blue Mooner said:
If gollum sticks to his guns on this I think this would be his Phil Brown moment when he took the players on the pitch at half time at COMS - a monumental dropped bollock.

As I've said the player wants to go and the only person stopping the deal from happening is Moyes.

What must the rest of the Everton dressing room be thinking. What if that was me? What if Man U bid for me in the future will Moyes take the same stance? He will have lost a huge amount of respect from those players imo

Time for Moyes to relent - he's been good at finding gems before so no reason why he couldn't do a huge amount with it. Like I've said before by trying to drive the price of Lescott way above his true value he is only going to inflate prices on players that he will bid on.

If he doesn't sell its quite clear he is only after one thing and that's baconface's job, looking after his interests and not the interests of EFC

ugh... how did you manage that ? Bottom line, moyes is not going to sell- no need to jump to any conclusions

Aussie! said:
Blue Mooner said:

ugh... how did you manage that ? Bottom line, moyes is not going to sell- no need to jump to any conclusions

We can't jump to those conclusions but I'll tell you one thing for certain; if/when Ferguson leaves OT & they were to come for Moyes, even if Everton told him that he can't speak to them, he would speak to them & if he got the offer, he'd be out the door before you could say 'hypocritical little shit'.

Would he move for Lescott then or would Lescott have missed his chance of possibly breaking into the top 4 or earning the kind of money that Moyes would then be on? Would Moyes give a flying shit about him either way?

forevercity said:
the way im thinking is if he plays today we move on, if he doesnt he's as good as ours

why wouldnt he play? lol- correct me if im wrong but i thought i read somewhere he signed for a 3 yr extention last year. If he hasnt signed for us (which he hasnt) and refuses to play, thats a breach of contract with legal ramifications

Move on for gods sake. This saga makes me feel like I've gone through the Stuart Pearce season in terms of boredom of it now.

Time for everyone to accept, like it or not, that Lescott isn't coming. This isn't just posturing from Moyes, it's got to the extent where he has backed himself into a corner and can't back down now.

I have to say that I think things could have been sorted if Hughes had just spoken to Moyes. Why he hasn't given Moyes' comments I have no idea. Hughes' comments this week about speaking to the people who make the decisions were pathetic and have ensured it won't now happen.

We have come out of this, rightly or wrongly, looking very bad.

Aussie! said:
why wouldnt he play? lol- correct me if im wrong but i thought i read somewhere he signed for a 3 yr extention last year. If he hasnt signed for us (which he hasnt) and refuses to play, thats a breach of contract with legal ramifications

Countless examples of footballers "not being in a right mind to play" and nothing coming of it (except a transfer).

Personally think it's unprofessional, and a cop out. But it's certainly one tactic that is used to force through a transfer.

David Moyes has revealed his fear over the fading influence of managers in the Premier League and admitted he signed a lucrative new contract with Everton only after being assured his authority would not diminish in the event of a foreign takeover at Goodison Park.

The Everton manager finally banished uncertainty over his future on Tuesday when he committed to a five-year deal that has transformed his pay from £30,000-a-week to £65,000-a-week. Negotiations had dragged on for almost a year as Moyes waited on the release of his summer transfer budget and then, having broken Everton's transfer record for a fourth time to sign Marouane Fellaini for £15m, by several contractual issues.

A principal reason for the delay, however, was Moyes' insistence that his contract should guarantee a continuation of the autonomous reign he has been granted by Bill Kenwright.

This is from the Guardian October 08 full article http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/18/everton-premierleague

So it looks like he is in charge!!! I think we need to move on Moyes would leave Everton rather than sell it is clearly a point of principle with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.