Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kramer said:
David Moyes has revealed his fear over the fading influence of managers in the Premier League and admitted he signed a lucrative new contract with Everton only after being assured his authority would not diminish in the event of a foreign takeover at Goodison Park.

The Everton manager finally banished uncertainty over his future on Tuesday when he committed to a five-year deal that has transformed his pay from £30,000-a-week to £65,000-a-week. Negotiations had dragged on for almost a year as Moyes waited on the release of his summer transfer budget and then, having broken Everton's transfer record for a fourth time to sign Marouane Fellaini for £15m, by several contractual issues.

A principal reason for the delay, however, was Moyes' insistence that his contract should guarantee a continuation of the autonomous reign he has been granted by Bill Kenwright.

This is from the Guardian October 08 full article http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/18/everton-premierleague

So it looks like he is in charge!!! I think we need to move on Moyes would leave Everton rather than sell it is clearly a point of principle with him

That article sums it up.

Moyes is a dinosaur thinks he can run a premiership club single handed, control freak and a aggrogant little tw@t. It's plainly obvious he would love the 20m+ for Lescott but has dug his heels in and is now backed into a corner of his own making...

What a tit he's now still got no money to spend and a player who doesn't want to be there..ROFLMAO

Fuk Moyes lets move on.

Wonder if this is putting any potential Everton targets off joining them. Seeing that there seems to be some in-fighting going on.

If they have any money to buy players that is!

yawn.jpg

Yup, time to build a bridge Hughes. 2 and a half weeks to find another decent centre back. There are plenty of good ones out there for £20m. This Lescottgate is turning into Hughes V Moyes and I dont see Hughes getting his man. One of the reasons Moyes took so long to sign his contract last yr is he wanted to be guaranteed full autonomy on team matters so there is no way he'll back down.

How must Micah, Ned, Dunnymonster feeling about this relentless pursuit of a player who is no way a £20m player?

Re: Fornicator!!!!!

samharris said:
City Slicker said:
i thought a fornicator was someone who had sex before marriage???

No its not...its a moving staircase in M&S.

Yes, in fact I went down on one only the other day.

But about the screaming scull at Everton. He says we haven't spoken to anybody who makes the decisions, then who exactly at Goodison has turned down two bids.

I think Moyes needs to look at his own club's set up and he will be mightily surprised to find out that Mr Kenwright and his chief executive are more than capable of making decisions and are in fact Moyes' seniors.

Does Moyes seriously expect the manager to lof after and negotiate £100 Million transfer budgets? And at the same time he upholds the Ronaldo transfer as an object lesson in how to do business.

Moyes has killed any chance of a deal by putting his neck on the block, but he's damaged his reputation in the process.

Quinninho said:
Yup, time to build a bridge Hughes. 2 and a half weeks to find another decent centre back. There are plenty of good ones out there for £20m. This Lescottgate is turning into Hughes V Moyes and I dont see Hughes getting his man. One of the reasons Moyes took so long to sign his contract last yr is he wanted to be guaranteed full autonomy on team matters so there is no way he'll back down.

How must Micah, Ned, Dunnymonster feeling about this relentless pursuit of a player who is no way a £20m player?

They might wonder why Everton aren't selling but in the meantime, they are well compensated for their troube.

Quinninho said:

I heard Moyes on bbc web site say the offers were not nearly high enough which flies in the face of his we shall not be selling any of our players under any circumstances.

He says he runs the show and all transfers go through him which I guess is fair enough however I think Moyes is falling into the media trap on this one.

I think he is a tad upset that he has apparantly been left out of the dialogue on this one.

He has said too much to the press already and for one who says he doesn't discuss his targets or his players situation in the media he is doing a good job of doing otherwise.

Did Leslie tell him we paid 12M for Barry? ( LOL ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.