Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wantefc

it's a question of interpretation. Clearly that of rival supporters will be polarised. As a City fan I believe Hughes has handled himself with the utmost professionalism whereas Moyes has acted like an utter spoilt brat. To me it seems his is extremely worried for his position within the club and that he has been undermined. Hughes on the other hand has been given the confidence of our owners backed up with the facts, their cash.

To address the point in the quoted post on the Everton forum in which it states that Moyes is the person that makes the decisions, well quite simply this is pathetic. Any top Premier League side will not simply rely on situations that were probably common place in the 70s or 80s; "Hey Fat Sam, it's Baconface. Want to sell me a player", "surely Slur Alex, want me to lick your balls at the same time?" You get the point if somewhat exaggerated. The levels and magnitude of deals these days cannot be relied simply upon a manager whose credentials are in managing, not business dealings but football management. Do you Evertonians not get it? Moyes has been shafted, and Kenwright is doing the shafting mate, not us. I've seriously changed my opinion of Everton recently and to be honest it's all respect has gone south. I truly hope your season is a sad one, and that the Ginger Minger ends up looking like the complete twat that he is.

Optimus Prime said:
wantefc said:
came across this on an everton forum...couldnt have put better myself

Joleon Lescott is correct in putting in a written transfer request. Indeed any sane footballer offered the same chance would do the same. But that request has been refused and that should be the end of it.
He didn’t sign for Everton for love, but he did renew his contract until the summer of 2012 on improved terms only last year. And that is the same kind of two way binding contract from which he benefited whilst recuperating at Wolves with a broken leg. Perhaps he should remember that during his injury laden season, despite facing Premier League relegation, Wolves did not try to renege on their contract with him although they were paying a player that they probably needed as much as any other player in their squad.

And whilst Lescott is a professional, like any footballer, he will still give 100% on the pitch. It is simply not correct to say that Everton should let him go because he will no longer be committed. True, he will be a challenge to Moyes in the season ahead, but that is simply an opportunity for Moyes to exercise his much vaunted management skills.

But give Lescott some credit, he has left the talking to Moyes and Hughes and should City end their interest, he is likely to knuckle down and pick up where he left off last season, albeit thinking of what might have been every now and then — just like every other human being on this planet does.

And what of Mark Hughes in all this? He is sounding more and more frustrated, finding it hard to believe that money can’t buy him every player that he wants. Is he already preparing his excuses for Manchester City’s failure to achieve this season? If the quote in ’Times Online’ today (14 August) is correct, it sounds as through he doesn’t know what it is to exert true independent management power – “we’re still trying to speak to the people that will ultimately make the decision”.

Moyes’s riposte quoted in that same publication clearly shows the gulf between the wannabe and the confident, accomplished, professional manager - "I hear that City think they are talking to people who make the decisions here, well that's me. I make the decisions, they have not talked to me and the player has been consistently told he is not for sale. He should get his head around that and get on with his career”. His last comment could be equally aimed at Lescott or Hughes and probably the latter!

Again - the mind boggles at the blind support handed out for this ego-driven, self-serving approach.

But fuck it - its not my club, so why should I care!

the way i see it is:

City dared to bid for a player, Everton say this is unfair because he isnt for sale??

city bid again, Everton release public statements that are full of general abuse about our club.

Moyes then pops out and makes personal comments about city staff and Hughes.

Lescott asks to leave, moyes says no! then makes public the fact Lescott handed in a transfer request(some strange way to mae him feel like he could withdraw it)

Hughes in response to a media question, explains that he still is interested and will speak to the people who make the decision( if hes ranting and hurling abuse at you in the press, think if you would deal with him or someone else)

Moyes has a press conference that is in the mold of rafa cracking up, everton fans say Moyes is great and is showing that city lot we wont be pushed around???

Moyes then explains he will report city to the fa for our conduct?? whilst in the same interview offering little snippets that he has lot the plot in regards to this deal. Just a few examples of a guy who has lost the plot, comments taken from the interview where he says he will report us to the fa.

“There has been no contact with me. I’m the person here who makes the decisions, I’m in control of Everton football club.

Asked if there are sufficient grounds to report City to the FA, Moyes said: “I don’t know. That would be a decision that the club would need to come to, possibly after the transfer window has closed. I make the decisions on football matters — this is nearly a legal matter.

As with the above comment, well i thought he was and i shall quote "in charge of Everton Football Club" i bet the legal team at coms are shitting it.

Im just sick of Everton fans who seem to think the way Moyes is acting is acceptable, he is like a spoilt child who has been told no. Hey but lets not get bogged down with the real truth, lets read everton's. No scratch that Moyes view of things, as that interview yesterday and the following threat of legal action show. Moyes is acting for himself, not your chairman, not your fans, but his own personal little grudge with Hughes. the same man who allowed Jo to go to a rival on loan for no fee and a fraction of his wage bill, even though we had other offers for the player.

Yeah the more i look at it Hughes has no class?? the fact some of your fans agree is the real show of dumb blind faith that will cost you when he takes the same route Lescott is trying to.

Moyes has no real understanding of the word "class" he seem to band about so much. if he did it would be clear the abusive ranting idiot has very little himself.

Hughes explains he is still interested in Lescott

Optimus Prime said:
wantefc said:
"I hear that City think are talking to people who make the decisions here,

So we think we've been talking to people at Everton but really we haven't.? We must be talking to our imaginary friend, then.

auction294 said:
wantefc

Spot on ,Kenwright could put an end to this anytime his failure to do so speaks volumes,Moyes has been left out of the loop

it's a question of interpretation. Clearly that of rival supporters will be polarised. As a City fan I believe Hughes has handled himself with the utmost professionalism whereas Moyes has acted like an utter spoilt brat. To me it seems his is extremely worried for his position within the club and that he has been undermined. Hughes on the other hand has been given the confidence of our owners backed up with the facts, their cash.

To address the point in the quoted post on the Everton forum in which it states that Moyes is the person that makes the decisions, well quite simply this is pathetic. Any top Premier League side will not simply rely on situations that were probably common place in the 70s or 80s; "Hey Fat Sam, it's Baconface. Want to sell me a player", "surely Slur Alex, want me to lick your balls at the same time?" You get the point if somewhat exaggerated. The levels and magnitude of deals these days cannot be relied simply upon a manager whose credentials are in managing, not business dealings but football management. Do you Evertonians not get it? Moyes has been shafted, and Kenwright is doing the shafting mate, not us. I've seriously changed my opinion of Everton recently and to be honest it's all respect has gone south. I truly hope your season is a sad one, and that the Ginger Minger ends up looking like the complete twat that he is.

I have a question for Everton fans. Who does Gollum mean when he says City are talking to people about Lescott. Does he mean Wainwright?

wantefc said:
Joleon Lescott is correct in putting in a written transfer request. Indeed any sane footballer offered the same chance would do the same. But that request has been refused and that should be the end of it.
He didn’t sign for Everton for love, but he did renew his contract until the summer of 2012 on improved terms only last year. And that is the same kind of two way binding contract from which he benefited whilst recuperating at Wolves with a broken leg. Perhaps he should remember that during his injury laden season, despite facing Premier League relegation, Wolves did not try to renege on their contract with him although they were paying a player that they probably needed as much as any other player in their squad.

And whilst Lescott is a professional, like any footballer, he will still give 100% on the pitch. It is simply not correct to say that Everton should let him go because he will no longer be committed. True, he will be a challenge to Moyes in the season ahead, but that is simply an opportunity for Moyes to exercise his much vaunted management skills.

But give Lescott some credit, he has left the talking to Moyes and Hughes and should City end their interest, he is likely to knuckle down and pick up where he left off last season, albeit thinking of what might have been every now and then — just like every other human being on this planet does.

And what of Mark Hughes in all this? He is sounding more and more frustrated, finding it hard to believe that money can’t buy him every player that he wants. Is he already preparing his excuses for Manchester City’s failure to achieve this season? If the quote in ’Times Online’ today (14 August) is correct, it sounds as through he doesn’t know what it is to exert true independent management power – “we’re still trying to speak to the people that will ultimately make the decision”.

Moyes’s riposte quoted in that same publication clearly shows the gulf between the wannabe and the confident, accomplished, professional manager - "I hear that City think they are talking to people who make the decisions here, well that's me. I make the decisions, they have not talked to me and the player has been consistently told he is not for sale. He should get his head around that and get on with his career”. His last comment could be equally aimed at Lescott or Hughes and probably the latter!

I think there is some good points made there, particularly about Lescott and loyalty. As much as I don't rate Hughes as a manager, I don't think you can read too much into the comments of either manager. I don't think we've acted flawlessly in this (too many comments by Hughes and too many leaks to the press), but I don't think Moyes has either. Both are trying to do what they can to get the result they want, and I wouldn't say one set of comments is the sign of a composed, while the other is the sign of a fragile, frustrated manager (or vice versa).

realsparky said:
auction294 said:
wantefc

To address the point in the quoted post on the Everton forum in which it states that Moyes is the person that makes the decisions, well quite simply this is pathetic. .

It is beyond pathetic. It is strange. Moyes sounds out of control to me. I am calling the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.