Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFCJONO said:
crob said:
everton have been told £18m is our final bid.

Thats a piss take. That and Dunney back at least.

I have to say I don't think it is. £18m for Lescott is a very fair price indeed as, quite frankly, he isn't worth that much. Just because Moyes keeps rejecting City's bids doesn't mean we haven't got our valuation right, it means Moyes has got his valuation wrong. Maybe, in the end, we will have to pay more than £18m, but if we do then we're paying above Lescott's value.

mcigo said:
EFCJONO said:

£18m is far too much for him. He's not better than Toure. Lescott is worth no more than about £10m IMO. We're just getting rinsed because we're a rich club
I disagree, Glenn Johnson set the bar this summer when it came to England defenders and that was 18m, yes Lescott is not in the starting lineup for England, but he plays a role which is hard to find AND he can cover LB, so to me 18m seems about right.

Matty said:
EFCJONO said:

I have to say I don't think it is. £18m for Lescott is a very fair price indeed as, quite frankly, he isn't worth that much. Just because Moyes keeps rejecting City's bids doesn't mean we haven't got our valuation right, it means Moyes has got his valuation wrong. Maybe, in the end, we will have to pay more than £18m, but if we do then we're paying above Lescott's value.

I get the impression it wouldnt be a piss take had Bolton offered it.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
mcigo said:
£18m is far too much for him. He's not better than Toure. Lescott is worth no more than about £10m IMO. We're just getting rinsed because we're a rich club
I disagree, Glenn Johnson set the bar this summer when it came to England defenders and that was 18m, yes Lescott is not in the starting lineup for England, but he plays a role which is hard to find AND he can cover LB, so to me 18m seems about right.

Johnson was overpriced as well. He can't defend and looks out of his depth for England. Was great for Portsmouth but he's yet to prove himself as one of the best, which you should expect for that sort of money.

C_T_I_D said:
So is this happening or not? I can't keep up to date with all this now...

Happyblue has stated it's back on, Stu the medical guy has said talks over fee in progress

Lescott has not trained with team .... but has trained on his own according to SSN

and Everton have refused to comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.