Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcigo said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I disagree, Glenn Johnson set the bar this summer when it came to England defenders and that was 18m, yes Lescott is not in the starting lineup for England, but he plays a role which is hard to find AND he can cover LB, so to me 18m seems about right.

Johnson was overpriced as well. He can't defend and looks out of his depth for England. Was great for Portsmouth but he's yet to prove himself as one of the best, which you should expect for that sort of money.
Thats as maybe, but it's like a deck of cards when one moves for that, the other transfers are based on that, thats why we lucked out big time signing Barry so early for 12m.

johnson was over priced, i remember the fat spainish waiter at l/pool stating it was bcoz of us, then flogged alonso for 30 mill.. hey jump on the gravy train rafa

cityman14364 said:
johnson was over priced, i remember the fat spainish waiter at l/pool stating it was bcoz of us, then flogged alonso for 30 mill.. hey jump on the gravy train rafa
I think, myself it was more down the Tranny and Kaka going for 160m or there abouts.

nickson71 said:
C_T_I_D said:
So is this happening or not? I can't keep up to date with all this now...

Happyblue has stated it's back on, Stu the medical guy has said talks over fee in progress

Lescott has not trained with team .... but has trained on his own according to SSN

and Everton have refused to comment

Righteo. Cheers for the update. Will hope for it to happen, but not raise my hopes too high.

SSN reporting an interview with Moyes later this afternoon - should give us a bit more info - if he refuses to comment on Lescott, which I strongly suspect is what he'll do, I think we can safely assume the deal's going ahead and is being sorted out between the chairmen of the 2 clubs

Optimus Prime said:
SSN reporting an interview with Moyes later this afternoon - should give us a bit more info - if he refuses to comment on Lescott, which I strongly suspect is what he'll do, I think we can safely assume the deal's going ahead and is being sorted out between the chairmen of the 2 clubs

He will still say hes not for sale. If he doesnt then we can safely assume progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.