Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is getting boring...so to cheer us all up...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footytube.com/video/burnley-v-manchester-united-20344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footytube.com/video/burnley- ... ited-20344</a>

There would seem to be a great possibility of JL coming to us after the last few days saga.
Gollum has not really handled this at all well (baconface style I think)
He now has a player who appears not to wish to stay with him, has dropped him for the Europa league game,
has sniped at MH and the club and made allegations of us tapping up the player.
I think he would be a great assett to us, he is a very good player and we still need more in defence, even
after our recent, well honed, defensive displays.
But..............
I`d also be more than happy if we managed to pull something out of the hat, get ourselves another proven
player, and leave Gollum to it.
Imagine having a player he thinks is worth £30,000,000 floundering in the 1st team,occasionally the reserves?
We could get him in the January window for much,much less, and old Gollum would put himself in a really bad
position with the Everton board.

royal_blue said:
Question still applys though guys.......would you agree that Lescott was tapped up long ago and by default Man City are very naughty boys and girls?
Of course we've tapped him up. No player would hand in a transfer request without first knowing what kind of deal awaits him on the other side. "Tapping up" in this sense happens in every transfer involving every club and every player.

The key question you need to answer is, can you prove it?

No, thought not. Oh well.......

Forzacitizens said:
royal_blue said:
To be honest i don't think we can judge if he has or hasn't handled it right until it's all over, time will tell on that one.....what i do know is that all the other blues i know support him 100% for the stance he has taken as do the other teams fans i speak to.minus city fans of course...i do think ultimately we should sell we need the money....Moyes is one of a dying breed where he believes in certain values...i think what got up his nose as regards to Lescott was his attitude towards the fans and his team-mates wereby he showed complete lack of respect by not caring of any-one but himself.......i think Moyes respects professionalism and endeavour above anything....i mean he plays Phil Neville and Tony Hibbert every game for gods sake and the only thing they possess is that they normally give all they have to the team.

Question still applys though guys.......would you agree that Lescott was tapped up long ago and by default Man City are very naughty boys and girls?

nope, he was not tapped up. Sorry mate, but we've done nothing wrong in this transfer, i think you're trying to find something to have a go at us, and really, we've handled everything right and proper
Hi Forza, i'm not looking for a fight or an arguement but surely you must find it strange that on this forum everybody knew that city were drawing a bid and had all already sounded out Lescott or his agent about wages....all your "ITK's" got everything right weeks before a bid was ever lodged......can you hand on heart say that nobody connected with Man city spoke to Lescott or his agent before the bids were made public by Everton...........can you 100% say that City's hands are utterly completely clean in this..........guess what i'm trying to say is that Everton and Moyes in particular get slaughtered when all he is doing is trying to protect his own team when every-one at City says "well wasn't me gov i don't know who told Lescott that we'd give him a 5 year contract on 90k a week.......we all know how football works and we all know Lescott most likely will be sold and good riddance in all honesty......but is any-one on here going to be brave enough and just admit that city have been guilty of some inappropriate behaviour in approaching the player.....be inetersting to find out from the original "ITK's" to find out from which sources the original rumblings came from

Anybody else notice that Fulham and Roy Hodgson have made two unsuccessful bids for 1 of West Broms better players, Johnathon Greening, who they clearly do not want to sell. Both offers have been rejected however you dont hear Di Matteo screaming fucking blue murder in the press telling all and sundry hes never for sale at any price not even 30 million. In fact im not even sure the 1st bid was released to the press by West Brom. I think its relatively straightforward really. Nobody at West Brom has bad mouthed Roy or the "Boy done good" from Harrods, isnt that the way that these things should be handled? Greening may well go but hes not been dropped (or handed a transfer request in either I know) but im willing to bet WB wont stand in his way if he wants out despite the fact RDM may want him to stay.

If you don't believe that Gareth Barry, Shaun Wright-Phillip and Wayne Bridge have talked to him about coming here in terms of ambition and financial gain then you're seriously dilluded. I think it would suit Lescott in terms of him wishing to win things at the age of 27 (something I don't think he'd ever do at Everton) and him wanting to earn however much more than he does currently.

I believe we've tapped him up, but end of the day every other team does it and they're successful teams so why not join the rat pack so to speak? You get nowhere by being the nice guy! I think the days of going for Joleon Lescott (primary target) and then not getting him and settling for Matthew Upson (secondary target) are over in my opinion. If we want the player badly enough, we'll get them. Not big headed, not egotistical, a statement that will prove to be fact in coming seasons. Yes they'll still be the untouchables in Messi, Kaká, Tranny and the like but other than that I believe everyone has their price! It's whether we're willing to pay it that's the question...

royal_blue said:
but is any-one on here going to be brave enough and just admit that city have been guilty of some inappropriate behaviour in approaching the player
I await my bravery award.

I think most managers know that tapping up goes on...Maybe if moyes had this mind set then he would have done better than Jo on loan..

I can see Moyes quotes on September 1st already.

"We obviously rate Joleon much higher than Manchester City"

He'll try and spin it than City have left Joleon in the cold and we have treated him terribly.

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Anybody else notice that Fulham and Roy Hodgson have made two unsuccessful bids for 1 of West Broms better players, Johnathon Greening, who they clearly do not want to sell. Both offers have been rejected however you dont hear Di Matteo screaming fucking blue murder in the press telling all and sundry hes never for sale at any price not even 30 million. In fact im not even sure the 1st bid was released to the press by West Brom. I think its relatively straightforward really. Nobody at West Brom has bad mouthed Roy or the "Boy done good" from Harrods, isnt that the way that these things should be handled? Greening may well go but hes not been dropped (or handed a transfer request in either I know) but im willing to bet WB wont stand in his way if he wants out despite the fact RDM may want him to stay.

well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.