Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ok, I asked the question and have an answer. Firstly let me make it clear I have no idea how this will now pan out regarding the transfer and niether does my source, the question I asked was related to Moyes statements on Wed regarding Lescotts attitude and letting his team mates down.

Lescott and Moyes relationship is tense at the moment as you would expect, there is a palpable frostiness between the two and Lescott's attitude towards Moyes is one best described as distain at the moment, however, Lescott has been doing as is requested of him and putting in 100% effort, It appears to be his general attitude when talking and dealing with Moyes that has caused the rift and the opinion is that this is 50/50. Lescott has been as "off" with Moyes as vice versa. Moyes does carry a certain level of intimidation over a large portion of the squad (particularly the younger ones was the impression I got but I was summising from the conversation at that point). Moyes suggested that Lescott had let his team mates down in his interviews, this is not the opinion of the players and Moyes has voiced his own assumptions and presented them as that of the team. The everton team from the Arsenal game feel that not one of them showed themselves in a very good light and no single individual was to blame. My source did say that the Lescott/Moyes/City/Everton saga was becoming a distraction now but not necessarily because of Lescott but because of the way it is being handled. He did say that the party line would be to avoid being drawn into the debate in interviews if questioned and to roll out the usual standard spiel. However he did say that there were one or two "senior" pro's and more established players who would not hang Lescott out to dry if they were asked (probably explains Cahill and Saha, allthough I got the impression there were one or two others that were also in this boat), My source made it clear that there are quite a few of the players who would not jeapordise themselves by crossing Moyes and if questioned there attitude would be to "back the boss" as he is the one that can ultimately affect there careers and not Joleon (cant say as I blame them and Im sure its the type of respect Moyes would expect, cant blame them or him for that), however, that is purely protecting there own interest and my source knows of nobody on the playing staff that thinks Lescott has done anything wrong pursuing the opportunity that has been presented to him.

Not much I know and probably what most summised the situation was, but there you go, I asked the question and thats the answer. Now back to sitting and waiting for the next chapter !

How long did it take you to type this!

No where as long as it took you to digest it Mr W :)

Cheers Niko, very interesting.

has there been any more info from SSN

as this would be a big big story and they would run with it if true

if it's been dropped then we know that SSN have jumped the gun or are trying to get confirmation

Cheers for the update Nixon. I dont think Moyes is doing himself any favours and its good to see City are playing hardball. there can only be one winner in this and it aint Moyes.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ok, I asked the question and have an answer. Firstly let me make it clear I have no idea how this will now pan out regarding the transfer and niether does my source, the question I asked was related to Moyes statements on Wed regarding Lescotts attitude and letting his team mates down.

Lescott and Moyes relationship is tense at the moment as you would expect, there is a palpable frostiness between the two and Lescott's attitude towards Moyes is one best described as distain at the moment, however, Lescott has been doing as is requested of him and putting in 100% effort, It appears to be his general attitude when talking and dealing with Moyes that has caused the rift and the opinion is that this is 50/50. Lescott has been as "off" with Moyes as vice versa. Moyes does carry a certain level of intimidation over a large portion of the squad (particularly the younger ones was the impression I got but I was summising from the conversation at that point). Moyes suggested that Lescott had let his team mates down in his interviews, this is not the opinion of the players and Moyes has voiced his own assumptions and presented them as that of the team. The everton team from the Arsenal game feel that not one of them showed themselves in a very good light and no single individual was to blame. My source did say that the Lescott/Moyes/City/Everton saga was becoming a distraction now but not necessarily because of Lescott but because of the way it is being handled. He did say that the party line would be to avoid being drawn into the debate in interviews if questioned and to roll out the usual standard spiel. However he did say that there were one or two "senior" pro's and more established players who would not hang Lescott out to dry if they were asked (probably explains Cahill and Saha, allthough I got the impression there were one or two others that were also in this boat), My source made it clear that there are quite a few of the players who would not jeapordise themselves by crossing Moyes and if questioned there attitude would be to "back the boss" as he is the one that can ultimately affect there careers and not Joleon (cant say as I blame them and Im sure its the type of respect Moyes would expect, cant blame them or him for that), however, that is purely protecting there own interest and my source knows of nobody on the playing staff that thinks Lescott has done anything wrong pursuing the opportunity that has been presented to him.

Not much I know and probably what most summised the situation was, but there you go, I asked the question and thats the answer. Now back to sitting and waiting for the next chapter !

Didn't Moyes say a couple of weeks ago that he had turned down a good offer for another of his players from Turkey or somewhere. I got the impression that it was Saha. Cos it was also mentioned that his head wasn't 'right' for the Arse game.
I might have dreamt it.

S.E.H said:
Update shortly apparently say SSN

As in Recycled his press conference to keep people watching probably followed by Peter Spencer on the line slagging us off after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.