Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, most City fans are okay but some on here are acting like this is a fight between good and evil. What about perspective, about calling things as they really are instead inventing fantasy scenarios?

JohnD said:
I can't believe some of the replies and hatred on here. The fact is, City tapped up an Everton player. That's obvious for all to see. Moyes may well have got it wrong in the last week or so, and overplayed his cards. But that doesn't change the fact that City's behaviour during this saga has been poor. Everton are more than entitled to report City, and I fully expect City to get a slap on the wrist.

Really? The facts as I see them are that Everton rejected two bids official bids for the player, which they then made public (see EFC official website). The player obviously knew about this, clearly fancied the move and put in a written transfer request. City came back with a better offer and it seems an agreement has been reached between the two Clubs.

If any Club has acted poorly or made mistakes, it's Everton. And the way Moyes has publicly criticised Lescott and MCFC has been utterly without class.

JohnD said:
TBH, most City fans are okay but some on here are acting like this is a fight between good and evil. What about perspective, about calling things as they really are instead inventing fantasy scenarios?

Fight between good and evil? fucking pmsl!

That is exactly the stance you and your club and manager has taken you dense fook!

Ban this clown now!

PistonBlue said:
JohnD said:
the way Moyes has publicly criticised Lescott and MCFC has been utterly without class.

He needs to keep his mouth shut, I agree. Moyes is a good manager, but sometimes he allows his emotions to cloud his judgment. I'm not saying he's not right about City, he just needs to be more constructive in the way he deals with things.

As for Joleon, I'm not surprised he wanted out, given that this his only chance of doubling his wages. Nobody else would pay him the money you guys are proposing.

blueinsa said:
JohnD said:

Fight between good and evil? fucking pmsl!

That is exactly the stance you and your club and manager has taken you dense fook!

Ban this clown now!

Duh, I'm talking about the actuality of what's happening, not how Moyes perceives it. Read back the last 1500 pages where you will see constant venom directed at Scousers as being scum. Really classy.

anyone who thinks the ONLY reason lescott wants to join city just to double his wages is deluded. he knows everton will not get any better than a 5th place and a cup final and wants to join a club thats looks like it could go places and maybe win things. this is his big chance to do that which is why the transfer request went in. hes seen that everton are not buying any players at all and are more or less a selling club and wants out. city could have offered him the same wages he's on now at everton and i'm sure he still would want to leave.

Duh, I'm talking about the actuality of what's happening, not how Moyes perceives it. Read back the last 1500 pages where you will see constant venom directed at Scousers as being scum. Really classy.[/quote]

But it's ok for you lot to come on to a city board and direct abuse at us for daring to bid officially for one of your players.

The fact is EFC/Moyes and you as fans have got this completely wrong and now the deal is happening, despite your insistence that he would never ever want to join a small club like ours and then the insistence that he wasnt for sale and then the insistence that he wasnt for sale at any price and then your manager trying to conduct a war in the press against Hughes and City and then you lot jumping on the bandwagon, infesting our boards and telling us what classless twots we all are....you are all looking fecking stupid!

Thanks for lescott btw, like Hughes said, it always hurts when a BIG club comes along and buys one of your better players.

JohnD said:
He needs to keep his mouth shut, I agree. Moyes is a good manager, but sometimes he allows his emotions to cloud his judgment. I'm not saying he's not right about City, he just needs to be more constructive in the way he deals with things.

As for Joleon, I'm not surprised he wanted out, given that this his only chance of doubling his wages. Nobody else would pay him the money you guys are proposing.

It seem your emotions rule the roost also.

As for Joleon, I'm not surprised he wanted out either. Leaving a plucky side with a selfish, stubborn manager, to join a club that looks to play free flowing football, and has genuine potential to break the top 4 monopoly. I don't blame him one bit.

But then, you'll just say he's only come for the money because your emotions are clouding your judgement.

mikeyboy said:
anyone who thinks the ONLY reason lescott wants to join city just to double his wages is deluded. he knows everton will not get any better than a 5th place and a cup final and wants to join a club thats looks like it could go places and maybe win things. this is his big chance to do that which is why the transfer request went in. hes seen that everton are not buying any players at all and are more or less a selling club and wants out. city could have offered him the same wages he's on now at everton and i'm sure he still would want to leave.

I doubt Lescott would have put in that request if City hadn't offered to double his wages. Plus, if he's got any intelligence, he'll know that should City really move on to the next level, there's a good chance that he'll end up as a mere squad player anyway. Lescott is good, but he's not world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.