Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8216645.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 216645.stm</a>

Man City in talks to sign Lescott

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has confirmed his club are in talks with Everton about signing Joleon Lescott.

Hughes has pursued the England defender all summer, with Toffees boss David Moyes rejecting two bids and insisting the 26-year-old is not for sale.

But after Saturday's 1-0 win over Wolves, Hughes said: "My understanding is that the clubs are speaking.

"I would suggest that is a positive sign, although whether or not anything is concluded only time will tell."

Moyes, who has already turned down City's offers of £15m and £18m for Lescott, has been critical of the way the Eastlands club have handled the transfer saga.

But, despite previously adopting a hard-line stance about Lescott's future, he now appears to be considering selling him, and left him out of Thursday's Europa League tie against Sigma Olomouc citing the defender's "poor" attitude.

Lescott played for Everton on the opening day of the Premier League season, when they were thrashed 6-1 by Arsenal at Goodison Park.

If the former Wolves player does leave, Moyes will be left with Joseph Yobo as his only fit recognised centre-back as Phil Jagielka remains a long-term absentee with a knee injury.

Lescott, who joined the Toffees for £5m in 2006, would cost City in excess of £20m and take their summer spending past the £100m mark.

Asked if Lescott's potential arrival will be the final addition to his squad before the transfer window closes on 1 September, Hughes said: "Not necessarily."

I can't believe some of the replies and hatred on here. The fact is, City tapped up an Everton player. That's obvious for all to see. Moyes may well have got it wrong in the last week or so, and overplayed his cards. But that doesn't change the fact that City's behaviour during this saga has been poor. Everton are more than entitled to report City, and I fully expect City to get a slap on the wrist.

JohnD said:
I can't believe some of the replies and hatred on here. The fact is, City tapped up an Everton player. That's obvious for all to see. Moyes may well have got it wrong in the last week or so, and overplayed his cards. But that doesn't change the fact that City's behaviour during this saga has been poor. Everton are more than entitled to report City, and I fully expect City to get a slap on the wrist.

If you are going to make accusations you need to be able to back them up.

The scouse are so ungrateful its unbelievable. We have loaned them Jo for 18 months and I would be very surprised if the bin dippers are paying the wages themselves. They are a bit like a charity case.

If we have a clause to recall Jo and send him elsewhere I would. And if the bitter Gollum who himself left Preston on the eve of a match to take over at Everton ever gets a chance to take over at a bigger club himself we all know now that he wouldnt and will see out his contract. And if they want Dunne tell them £8m.

Im getting fed up with us being bad mouthed. City have made bids for the player, everton turn them down and then lescott tries to force evertons hand. What has that got to do with city. The player wanted to leave, get over it you mid table jokers.

On a final note, yesterdays game showed exactly why we need lescott. Dunne all over the show at times, although how the equally inept richards gets picked before Zabba or Nedum equally amazes me.

Get over it bin dippers and go and sign a freebie like sol campbell or another misfit from the lower divisions.

M35 Blue said:
JohnD said:

i wouldn't mind seeing the proof of that either or maybe the dippers should just learn to keep their bitter mouths shut.

JohnD said:

Feck off!

You keep telling yourself we are guilty of tapping him up if it helps you.

Moyes has seen his arse along with all the sheep like fans that have followed him blindly in his, "i am the boss" tirade.

Joke club with a joke manager and joke fans.

JohnD said:

By 'tapped up' I assume you mean 'bid for an everton player'.

The fact is, everton made it public knowledge as I am sure moyes thought by doing this he could put more pressure on lescott to stay. It backfired, unlucky!

M35 Blue said:
JohnD said:

Erm, have you been around the last 6 weeks? After being continually told a player is not for sale, and after having bids rejected, City continued its pursuit of Lescott. There were continuous quotes in the press from Hughes about his desire to bring Lescott to Eastlands, that he felt the deal could still be done, despite Moyes asserting over and over again that he would not consider doing business with them. City have forced this through. You know it and we know it.

JohnD said:

If you have photos of Hughes meeting with Lescott in a hotel bar, please pass them on to the press and then it can really be 'obvious for all to see'. Until that happy day, all we have to go on are the two bids rejected on Everton's website, the subsequent transfer request of the player, also rejected on Everton's website, and the daily deluded ramblings of their manager to the press corps.

If, however, you've mistaken the phrase 'tapping up' to mean 'offered to pay twice the player's market value by placing official bids with club officials' then I think you'll find that there's nothing in the FA rule book against it.

Erm, have you been around the last 6 weeks? After being continually told a player is not for sale, and after having bids rejected, City continued its pursuit of Lescott. There were continuous quotes in the press from Hughes about his desire to bring Lescott to Eastlands, that he felt the deal could still be done, despite Moyes asserting over and over again that he would not consider doing business with them. City have forced this through. You know it and we know it.[/quote]

Deluded!

Your not for sale at any price qoute from your god like manager meant fook all and nothing, it seems he is for sale after all.

EFC fans played like a fecking banjo in all this by their manager and skint chairman.

Funny as fook!

See you in court btw, i dont think you can get legal aid for this though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.