Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
goatfood said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8216645.stm

Everton boss David Moyes has criticised Manchester City over the amount of time it is taking to seal a reported £24m deal for centre-back Joleon Lescott.

The defender, 26, is expected to have a medical on Monday after City came up with a bid which satisfied the Toffees.

"We shouldn't have been asked to wait this long for an amount we think was the correct value for him," he said.

Wasn't he saying he wasn't for sale at any price a few days ago??? Idiot....maybe if he had said weeks ago £24mil and he is yours this would have been sorted out!!!!

Haha yeah, you couldnt make it up! The fee is 18m rising to 20m, I see the press etc are adding the usual 4-5m on top.

Its very quiet on here... there seems to be only City fans about... strange.

I find it quite pathetic and embarressing how Moyes is 'handling' the Lescott transfer, he's made a mockery out of himself, his squad and Everton FC.

His contradictions make Rafa Benitez look sane.

GStar said:
Its very quiet on here... there seems to be only City fans about... strange.

I find it quite pathetic and embarressing how Moyes is 'handling' the Lescott transfer, he's made a mockery out of himself, his squad and Everton FC.

His contradictions make Rafa Benitez look sane.

Agree. And now this news about this Valencia player who Moyes said had agreed to join Everton although it turns out Valencia are saying there has been no contact between the clubs. Shambolic.

Dillon said:
allan harper said:
Rumours are he's completed the medical but nothing will be announced until tomorrow. I think we're being ultra-careful now and letting Everton call the shots.

Where are these rumours from? why would city deny doing a medical? Everton call what shots they've agreed to sell, even Moyes admitted earlier "everyone knows".

Yesterday someone mentioned that the deal had been done (subject to a medical), but Everton didn't want the details to be announced until after their game today or Monday at the earliest.

When there was confusion as to whether the medical had/was or was about to take place earlier, I recalled what was said yesterday and posted that perhaps the medical may have, or was about to take place, but it wasn't supposed to be announced until after Everton's game or until Monday and I suppose some may have picked up on that as an ITK rumour.

I'm not one of the 'dreaded' ITK's you keep talking about, I was just trying to make sense of all the conflicting accounts flying about, whilst having a bit of friendly, respectful banter with my fellow Blues.

Have you got a problem with that?

The official announcement has been brought even earlier than I expected.

Lescott will be a Manchester City player - pending a successful medical - tomorrow.

It'll be very interesting as to what the starting XI will be against Crystal Palace.

There is cover virtually everyehrre now except for type of creativity that Steven Ireland offers. Riquelme would be ideal to accompany a squad of six midfield players looking to get a place amongst the 4 of a 4-4-2.

That would be Barry, Ireland, Riquelme, Robinho, Wright Phillips and Tevez. This assumes Adebayor stays fit virtually all the time and also assumes that Santa Cruz is likely to feature in at least 50% of matches as a starterwef from circa 17/9. This allows for injuries on a routine basis in the midfield, whilst switching Tevez as a starter upfront with either EA or RSC due to the exigencies of the clubs playing resources.

I'm especially looking forward to the Portsmouth match as I expect that confidence at Fratton Park is at an all time low. It will be an opportunity to stretch the GD column in the league table.

If they lose to Wigan next he may be looking for another job (LOL).

Moyes for reasons that only he knows has made Everton look fairly shabby in the eyes of the neutral and dare I say it most Everton supporters.

At least we won't have the likes of DSOB appear on this forum again even if his ban was lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.