Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam221985 said:
bluemoon32 said:
Toure & Lescott are both fine players but i'm not sure they'll make a great partnership, i think we could still struggle at corners & high balls into the box as neither is particulary great in the air.
Time will tell & i hope i'm 100% wrong about this.

Lescott is pretty good in the air, a sight better than our current lot of defenders in that department anyway. He's well known for scoring headers from set pieces too.

Never understood why people label him as a goal scorer, he had one decent season where he managed 10.

Welcome to MANCHESTER Joleon a proper BIG team thats going places.....i bet it`s nice to get away from them bitter moaning smalltime scouse twats.

Gwladiator said:
cityab said:
hahah fuck you scousers he will be city player

In fairness, it's us having the last laugh in regards to the fee.

Not really mate, the money is of no real consequence to us, the player is and also the disruption to another rival team is also.

If i was a Everton fan i would be happy with the deal as the money is excellent, however the way your manager has conducted himself in all this would be setting off major alarm bells in my head.

Gwladiator said:
Forzacitizens said:
why can't fans accept that were going to be challenging for major honours, instead of resulting to the money insult

In fairness the same was said last year, I'm not saying you aren't going to be big but you can't say money wasn't a major factor to a player moving to a lower placed (recently) team without European football?

If it makes it easier to take to tell yourself that Jolean has left for money alone then that's just fine. Deluded, but fine. However, don't expect a good reception for that point of view on a City Forum. Players can see where Everton and City are heading. Unfortunately for you, it's in different directions.

Total joke of a transfer, lads. You lot look bad, and you did effectively tap Joleon up. We, on the other hand, look like complete idiots too. We could have done this deal a while ago, but Moyes totally misread the situation. He acted like a complete prick the last week. Now, as is normal, we're starting a new season totally unprepared.

So I agree with a lot that you say. Moyes is a twat, and he he has screwed the club on this one.

Hopefully we'll recover, since although Moyes is an awkward, thick git sometimes, he's a great manager on the whole.

But fucking fuming with him at the moment. Hope we take you lot to the FA, though. Like I said, you acted like idiots too. And Hughes looks pretty useless if you don't mind me saying. He always reminds me of a man that has just spunked his load over a girly mag. He has that shifty look about him (hope you find the humour in that).

Thank God it's over! Now that will be £24m cash please!

coops said:
Omiclops said:
What the fuck is this?

£24M? Thought we wern't getting held for ransom for fucks sake. They NEEDED us, we could've haggled £16m AT LEAST.

Fuckin' hell Hughes. We didn't actually need him either.

stop fucking whinging!
don't give a FLYIN FUCK not my money

Gwladiator said:
cityab said:
hahah fuck you scousers he will be city player

In fairness, it's us having the last laugh in regards to the fee.

Not all your fans are laughing

People laughing at City for buying our first choice centre back and leaving us with Joseph Yobo and an injured Phil Jagielka with 9 days to go in the transfer window.It is good money for him, there's no doubt about it but the situation we are in is ****ed up with a captial F. I really hope Moyes has some players lined up, I really do.

Realistically who are we going to sign now? None of the CL clubs from any country are going to want to sell their best players at this point, even if we offer shitloads. I doubt good players will want to a club that they probably won't have heard of and is at the bottom of the league table. If we get it wrong again and sign Fellaini for 15mil or whatever I'll be devastated.

Gwladiator said:
sam221985 said:
Lescott is pretty good in the air, a sight better than our current lot of defenders in that department anyway. He's well known for scoring headers from set pieces too.

Never understood why people label him as a goal scorer, he had one decent season where he managed 10.

ohhh the old "he's not that good one eh" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.