Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought stu said he did not in anyway have anything to do with medicals and that his role was simply as part of a team that evaluate players by reading and assessing their medical history to create a proposed valuation. i just presumed he was passing on the ssn report. maybe i am a fool.

Fantastic signing, and IMO, the final piece of the puzzle. Although we've paid over the odds somewhat, we've certainly not been ripped off. I believe that Wolves have a sell on clause, so the entire fee won't be Everton's anyway.

As for Stu...i must be the only person on this board who felt his posts were WAY too similar to TFM's in their pseudo politeness. Not to mention the farcical nature of someone suggesting that they only post information AFTER the club have approved it. I'm sure if there is a genuine club source, someone who the club are happy with posting inside information, that the people who run this site would know that person and confirm them as genuine...

Eastlands Blue said:
As much as I am pleased to sign a player of Lescott's quality, 20+ million is far too much.....
I though MCFC commented that they would not play over the odds for players and this has just happened!

Ok we could have paid £30+ million for Terry but he is in another league (not that we really had much chance of signing him anyway).
I too think Dunne's days are numbered and although Lescott is an improvement on Dunne, we still have Kompany and Ned's.
I would have given Ned the chance to partner Kolo giving the youth system some real chance of hope.

I not having a moan, I just think we should have really stood our ground and not moved much from our original bid of 15 mill.
Anyway we will soon know what VFM he will return.

Hey Eastlands Blue,
When you say 20m + is too much , you have to remember, Manchester City are not in the same league as all other clubs in the League (Financially). Our owner is reportedly' worth a trillion.
It might sound arrogant but its true, otherwise he woulnt have paid that much. You would assume his succesful business decisions have got him to where he is now, so i personally wouldnt start doubting his investment decisions now. :p

Aussie! said:
Eastlands Blue said:
As much as I am pleased to sign a player of Lescott's quality, 20+ million is far too much.....
I though MCFC commented that they would not play over the odds for players and this has just happened!

Ok we could have paid £30+ million for Terry but he is in another league (not that we really had much chance of signing him anyway).
I too think Dunne's days are numbered and although Lescott is an improvement on Dunne, we still have Kompany and Ned's.
I would have given Ned the chance to partner Kolo giving the youth system some real chance of hope.

I not having a moan, I just think we should have really stood our ground and not moved much from our original bid of 15 mill.
Anyway we will soon know what VFM he will return.

Hey Eastlands Blue,
When you say 20m + is too much , you have to remember, Manchester City are not in the same league as all other clubs in the League (Financially). Our owner is reportedly' worth a trillion.
It might sound arrogant but its true, otherwise he woulnt have paid that much. You would assume his succesful business decisions have got him to where he is now, so i personally wouldnt start doubting his investment decisions now. :p

yes, that much is true, but we're providing Everton with their transfer kitty for the summer, and it's considerably more than it should be

mcigo said:
Aussie! said:
Hey Eastlands Blue,

yes, that much is true, but we're providing Everton with their transfer kitty for the WEEK, and it's considerably more than it should be

Edited for acuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.