Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done on the signing City.
Lescott obviously isn't worth 24m but it doesn't really matter with the money you've got.
You are an obvious threat to the big 4 and fair enough if you break it, it will prove money is the only way.
Lescott will get a warm gwladys street welcoming I'm sure :D

Blu KB said:
S.E.H said:
If you were at every game then you would have noticed Dunne bailing out Distin every time he went AWOL, Distin had a habit of getting a rush of blood to the head which Dunne had to continually cover.

That said i am happy to see Dunne go now, he doesnt deserve to be sat on the bench. Good luck Dunney.

But you may also have noticed Distin having to bail Dunne out for all the ball watching, mistakes, poor clearances, and poor tackling, challenges etc.

BringBackSwales said:
wrongun73 said:
without getting in an argument i cant believe people are glad that dunnes going after the years of service he's given us!

I can't either mate, sad tossers with short memories

agreed, and even without the memories being a factor, he's been decent for us so far this season.

I for one will be gutted if he leaves.

Dunne has been one of the best servant's to our club, he plays with his heart on his sleeve and you can see the emotions he goes through on the pitch for us. Has been through the ups and downs with us and has ALWAYS stayed loyal to the cause, some of you supporters should take note in this, if Dunne goes it will be a sad, sad day. I for one will always remember him as a blue through and through!

markbmcfc said:
Some short memories on here. Quite disappointing.

If anyone thinks we'd have Sheikh Mansour as an owner without players like Richard Dunne and what they have done for us, then your seriously deluded. Or a plastic.

Not deluded or plastic, I've never rated the Richard 'The Wardrobe' Dunne! Never ever! I'm grateful for all he has done for us and that goes without saying, but if he is going to be a casualty of us moving on because of signings like Lescott and he's so great, where's the Top 4 stampede for his signature? Because Top 4 is where we want to be right?

I always thought Distin was by far the better player when they played together and when Dunne kept winning successive Player of the Year titles, that represented the dire state our team was in rather than how good he was!!

How long will your sentiment regarding Dunne last for? Another 5, 10, 50 years? When will you begin to realise life moves on and nothing lasts forever, not even our seemingly terminal decline which started in 1979!

Dunne's been a fantastic servant and hopefully his replacements Lescott and Toure will become legends for us too, until it's time for them to move on.

It may kill you to admit it mate, but all things come to an end eventually. :-)

S.E.H said:
Why is just because some people dislike Richard Dunne they're not real supporters, ive been there all my life, like most City, threw thick and thin, through all the shit we've all been through. Here's something, I Have NEVER Rated Richard Dunne, and thats why I it annoys me when I here all this pro-dunne shite, I haven't just suddenly turned on Dunne, ive never thought he was any good. People say it was Dunne who kept us up. Im sorry, but I totally disagree, Dunne nearly took us down, it was Distin who kept us up, its just a shame he turned out to be a total arse when he left and kissed the Bombey badge. So there, Im sick of being compared to them wankers on the outskirts of town just because I refuse to bum of Richard Fecking Dunne.

What shameful bullshit, you assert it was Distin that kept us up. What, on his own, what a cretinous statement, The DEFENCE (of which BOTH Distin & Dunne were a part) arguably kept us up. The fact that Richard won the POY over Distin and won it on the trot shows the effort he has and indeed continues to put in for this club. You couldn't meet a more model pro, and even if his performances last season weren't upto his usual standards he's started ok this season. You may not be a plastic newbie, but by God you have a short memory.

Dribble said:
markbmcfc said:
Some short memories on here. Quite disappointing.

If anyone thinks we'd have Sheikh Mansour as an owner without players like Richard Dunne and what they have done for us, then your seriously deluded. Or a plastic.

Not deluded or plastic, I've never rated the Richard 'The Wardrobe' Dunne! Never ever! I'm grateful for all he has done for us and that goes without saying, but if he is going to be a casualty of us moving on because of signings like Lescott and he's so great, where's the Top 4 stampede for his signature?

I always thought Distin was by far the better player when they played together and when he kept winning successive Player of the Year titles, that represented the dire state our team was in rather than how good he was!!

How long will your sentiment regarding Dunne last for? Another 5, 10, 50 years? When will you begin to realise life moves on and nothing lasts forever, not even our seemingly terminal decline which started in 1979!

Dunne's been a fantastic servant and hopefully his replacements Lescott and Toure will become legends for us to until it's time for them to move on.

It may kill you to admit it mate, but all things come to an end eventually. :-)

See my other post.

Dont have a problem with selling Dunne, he isnt good enough for where we are going. He also deserves better than rotting on the bench.

My argument is that his service to the club should not be dismissed.

markbmcfc said:
Dribble said:
No, that would be around early 70's. Why?

Do you have a multiple personality issue? I was asking twinkletoes.

Seen as you made the original point, allow me to explain my view.

Richard Dunne is no longer good enough to take us forward, and I agree he should be sold. However, to dismiss the years of service he has given us is completely out of order. Without Richard Dunne (and 1 or 2 others), we would have gone down under KK and in SP's final season. Would Frank have come calling then if we were a Championship club? I doubt that, therefore highly unlikely Sheikh Mansour would have come calling either.

Dunnie has played a major part in getting us here over the last 8 years, and he should be remembered and commended for that. Not dismissed because he no longer has the ability to go where the club is going.

Soz mate, I thought it was meant for me. Just a point though, it might save on confusion in the future if you quote or mention who the response was meant for.

Us realists (even those of us with multiple personalities) need to stick together! lol :-)

Dribble said:
Soz mate, I thought it was meant for me. Just a point though, it might save on confusion in the future if you quote or mention who the response was meant for.

Us realists (even those of us with multiple personalities) need to stick together! lol :-)

ummm...I did :)

I quoted twinkletoes...bottom page of 1657

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.