Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
he better perform top notch and show us that he is worth 24mill coz tbh i really dont think he is worth that but o well it doesnt matter am still going to back him.

markbmcfc said:
Dribble said:
Not deluded or plastic, I've never rated the Richard 'The Wardrobe' Dunne! Never ever! I'm grateful for all he has done for us and that goes without saying, but if he is going to be a casualty of us moving on because of signings like Lescott and he's so great, where's the Top 4 stampede for his signature?

I always thought Distin was by far the better player when they played together and when he kept winning successive Player of the Year titles, that represented the dire state our team was in rather than how good he was!!

How long will your sentiment regarding Dunne last for? Another 5, 10, 50 years? When will you begin to realise life moves on and nothing lasts forever, not even our seemingly terminal decline which started in 1979!

Dunne's been a fantastic servant and hopefully his replacements Lescott and Toure will become legends for us to until it's time for them to move on.

It may kill you to admit it mate, but all things come to an end eventually. :-)

See my other post.

Dont have a problem with selling Dunne, he isnt good enough for where we are going. He also deserves better than rotting on the bench.

My argument is that his service to the club should not be dismissed.

Why don't you read my post! I'm not dismissing his service to us, just merely pointing out that I've never rated him and I too would hate to see him squirming on the bench week after week or even worse, not making the bench at all which is a distinct possibilty with Kompany still to come back!!

Dunne has served his purpose for us and has been handsomely rewarded for this, it is now time for him to jog-on elsewhere to further his career and allow us to move forward as a football team.

markbmcfc said:
Dribble said:
Soz mate, I thought it was meant for me. Just a point though, it might save on confusion in the future if you quote or mention who the response was meant for.

Us realists (even those of us with multiple personalities) need to stick together! lol :-)

ummm...I did :)

I quoted twinkletoes...bottom page of 1657

Again I apologise, but if you read it the same way I did, it seemed like you were agreeing with twinkletoes and the quote was in reference to me. easy mistake to make on both sides mithinks.

Anyway, I'll drive Dunne to Villa miself! Anyone want to chip in with the petrol money or have I got to stand this one miself!! *LOL* :-)

meldrew said:
Dunne has been one of the best servant's to our club, he plays with his heart on his sleeve and you can see the emotions he goes through on the pitch for us. Has been through the ups and downs with us and has ALWAYS stayed loyal to the cause, some of you supporters should take note in this, if Dunne goes it will be a sad, sad day. I for one will always remember him as a blue through and through!

Agree 100%. I find it disgusting that just because Dunne might not now be good enough a player to take us where we want to be, that people see fit to negate all the great work he has done for us in the past. If people are using that argument, they may as well say that the likes of Goater, Horlock, Dickov, Tiatto and Morrison don't have a place in our hearts anymore. It's downright fucking pathetic.

As for Dunne, I still see him as a more than able back-up player and would love to see him stay at least for this season because if anyone deserves to get a sniff of a trophy it's him. Plus staying another year earns him a much deserved testimonial.

meldrew said:
Dunne has been one of the best servant's to our club, he plays with his heart on his sleeve and you can see the emotions he goes through on the pitch for us. Has been through the ups and downs with us and has ALWAYS stayed loyal to the cause, some of you supporters should take note in this, if Dunne goes it will be a sad, sad day. I for one will always remember him as a blue through and through!

He had everything except the talent and that's why he won't be first choice anymore.

M18CTID said:
meldrew said:

Agree 100%. I find it disgusting that just because Dunne might not now be good enough a player to take us where we want to be, that people see fit to negate all the great work he has done for us in the past. If people are using that argument, they may as well say that the likes of Goater, Horlock, Dickov, Tiatto and Morrison don't have a place in our hearts anymore. It's downright fucking pathetic.

As for Dunne, I still see him as a more than able back-up player and would love to see him stay at least for this season because if anyone deserves to get a sniff of a trophy it's him. Plus staying another year earns him a much deserved testimonial.

So in a world cup year, you'd rather see Dunne stay with us whilst squirming on the bench or sitting in the stands for the next 12 months rather than see him playing week in week out for another Premiership team who are at his talent level and need him? How cruel is that? What a way to say thanks to a long and valued servant!! You ruthless man! :-)

We should allow Dunne to leave with dignity and to go to a club who need him. This doesn't mean that we still couldn't give him a testimonial if the club, the fans and more importantly Dunne wanted one!

All the Pro-Dunne brigade shouldn't side-track this issue by linking it with gratitude for Dunne's years of service, it's not about that. It's about us no longer needing him on a week to week Premiership level and allowing him to move on and further his career elsewhere whilst we challenge the Sky 4 with a team far better equipped to do that without him!!!

It's a squad game and IMO I would love Dunnie to stay and try and prove himself in training and in games to help for competition for being in the starting line-up, the same should apply for all our players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.