Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alera said:
I would be amazed if this does not end up going through for around £20 million.

Good money for Everton and the contract we are offering Lescott is worth 5 times his current deal.

But you never know with football.
do you think lescott would get into any of the top 4's defence? 20 mill for me is way too much i think 15 mill is alot for him

Project Rain said:
smiles said:
Its true, asking MH about transfer target's is like blood from a stone

Why do people complain about it, there's a reason he doesn't shout his mouth off about deals so let the man do his job ffs.

Agreed. no point wrecking transfers...just wait till we sign them.

Just got to trust him.

alera said:
I would be amazed if this does not end up going through for around £20 million.

Good money for Everton and the contract we are offering Lescott is worth 5 times his current deal.

But you never know with football.

it will indeed end up £20m and he is worth it IMO

Thats the market rate and he is worth £20 million to us. At this stage hes as good as Terry but gets more goals. Ok he doesnt have the image, marketing and leadership qualities going for him but as a player now hes just as good, will cost half the wages, £10 million less and hes 3 years younger.

HEs a much better signing for us than Terry althouygh obviously I would happily have both.

I'm way more excited at the prospect of signing a top left footed CB than I am another striker...

I'm way more excited at the prospect of signing a top left footed CB than I am another striker...
As am I. We dont actually need any more forwards. We have RSC and Tevez plus Boj and Bellamy hopefully fit again.

We had the best attack outside the top 5 last season even without these players. Its the defence that is shit and needs strenghening.

imho i dont think there are many centerbacks that are worth more than 20 mill. id say that lescott is worth 16mill max

WHat about rio coke head he was £28 million and that was years ago !

As an Everton fan i will be gutted if Lescott leaves but ive pretty much accepted it will happen its just a case of us squeezing as much money from your boys as we can personally i think £15m is well below his true value but i suppose its an opening offer which of course Everton will reject i also expect them to reject £20m and he will probably move if City offer anything over that.

He will be missed hes a superb centre half hes quick hes strong hes brave as anything and he scores goals he dosnt miss games and he gives every last drop of effort for the team.

Is he worth £22m well we have been qouted £6m for a Championsip full bck whos played forty games in Naughton so maybe that is Lescotts true value if you get him he will in my opinion be a better signing than Adebayor , Santa cruz and all the attacking players you can get hes a 100% diamond of a player and you will be lucky to get him.

Hughes can't just say 'yeah we are in for x, y, z and I'm confident we'll get them' because if we don't get the players then the first thing SSN will do is run a massive story on how X SNUBS CITY. Christ, they were saying Eto'o had SNUBBED us before we'd even fucking bid for him.

Feel a bit harsh on Everton, though. They have a manager who buys low, develops players and a team that finishes 5th two years in a row, and then when one or more of the players looks good enough to be a top 4 player a richer club just comes in and offers him a massive wage. What's the betting that Jagielka, at some point in the next couple of seasons, ends up at Arsenal, Chelsea, maybe even City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.