Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darker shade of Blue said:
One word lads ----- SHUSH :o)

A few more now I have your attention lol .

We apparantly owe Wolves a sell on fee .
Joleon is contracted untill 2012 , which means that we will probably be liable for a loyalty bonus payment unless he puts a transfer request in .
Both of these matters must be considered in a final price , and combined , they are a lot of money .

Our valuation of Lescott is X - amount .
We won't sell at our valuation , as that is not good business . If your car is worth £5 grand , and someone offers you £5 grand out of the blue , why would you sell ? You then have to get a reliable car all over again , and the next car might not be proven . So what do you do ? You seek compensation , and ask for £6 grand etc etc .

We can ask for more than our valuation , because we DON'T want to sell him .

Jags is injured , and will miss the start of the season .
The African Nations begins in January , so we will also lose Yobo .
We currently have no cover for our defensive positions , unless we move our existing players such as Rodwell and Neville around , or bring in a young player .

Without even selling Lescott , we already need to establish at least 2 defensive players to provide cover .

Because of this , I think Moyes will stand firm , and keep hold of Lescott , unless the price becomes enormous .

Lescott can ask for a transfer all he wants , but if Moyes doesn't want him to go , he won't go .

Lescott won't risk a world cup place by throwing a hissy fit , incase Moyes throws him in the reserves , so face it ; Moyes holds the cards here ; NOT Lescott .

So far , we haven't signed anyone , other than a few kids .
We won't sell when we haven't got replacements , as their prices will become difficult to keep down , and if we do manage to bring in players , then we certainly won't want to lose Lescott .

This is why I feel the price would need to be in excess of £25 mill .
City might well pay off Lescotts loyalty bonus , or Lescott might waiver it , but we still need to pay Wolves .

Mate your going to be very very dissapointed soon!

I feel your chances of getting him are very slim in this window , unless City are prepared to pay an enormous fee .

Did Evertons chairman complain about how skint the club are a few months back? Not a very good bargaining chip to let everyone know your broke. Just seen this on a forum, sorry if already posted .<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpool...00252-24178693/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpool...00252-24178693/</a>

We should go straight back in with a bid of £18m. I mean, like straight away... Not in 5h or tomorrow or something but just RIGHT NOW ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.