Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
Pam said:
City saying they've made an offer in excess of £20 mill for Lescott.

You're kidding?

What happened to the "we won't be ripped off" spiel.

It was replaced by a dose of realism and a recognition that we will have to pay over the odds until we' can establish ourselves as a Sky Four side, playing in the CL. The Chelski chavs went from good to great but they never made any secret of the fact that they were paying over the odds for players in order to achieve this quickly. It was practically a club policy. And I don't totally buy the argument that Chelski had a much better team prior to Abromovich's arrival at Stamford Bridge. Their aim was to close the gap between themselves and the likes of United over an extremely short period of time and it was done by paying over the odds for players.

Two or three of the papers last night said City wouldn't go back in unless Lescott started agitating for a move. So maybe this is what's happened.

hgblue said:
Pam said:
City saying they've made an offer in excess of £20 mill for Lescott.

Where have you got this from?

Talk Shite. If you turn it on now, they' are still having a pre season phone-in so I imagine they'll say it again. They also said they expected to sign Toure in the next 24 hours. The presenters seemed confident that it was all official.

Pam said:
hgblue said:
Where have you got this from?

Talk Shite. If you turn it on now, they' are still having a pre season phone-in so I imagine they'll say it again. They also said they expected to sign Toure in the next 24 hours. The presenters seemed confident that it was all official.

must be true then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.