Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news all round.
Interesting to see Martin O'Neil's tipping us for a serious tilt at the title this season in the Times
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/aston_villa/article6731026.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 731026.ece</a>
Martin O’Neill claimed yesterday that Manchester City’s summer spending spree has made them serious contenders for the title.

“City might not be favourites to win the league but they should be,” the Aston Villa manager said.

Sounds promising. Thanks Blue2112

@ Ulster - while he may have said it in good grace it sounds like O'Neill just wants to pile on the pressure on Hughes. Have to remember making the top 6 means displacing Aston Villa.

Project said:

@ Ulster - while he may have said it in good grace it sounds like O'Neill just wants to pile on the pressure on Hughes. Have to remember making the top 6 means displacing Aston Villa.

I doubt if Hughes could be under any more pressure than he already is, and thats not a dig at MH, expectations are going to be high this year

UlsterCitizen said:
Project said:

I doubt if Hughes could be under any more pressure than he already is, and thats not a dig at MH, expectations are going to be high this year

The public target set by Khaldoon is top 6. So he will be judged at least by his ability to get us there. Obviously internally they will be thinking they can have a good shot at 4th, but 6 is bare minimum. However if respected pundits and people in the game keep talking about winning the title then naturally the expectations of fans and the press rises to levels I don't think are fair to be judged against.

Lets say we finish 5th - I can honestly see Hughes being put under pressure for that when personally I think it would be brilliant progress.

Project said:
UlsterCitizen said:

The public target set by Khaldoon is top 6. So he will be judged at least by his ability to get us there. Obviously internally they will be thinking they can have a good shot at 4th, but 6 is bare minimum. However if respected pundits and people in the game keep talking about winning the title then naturally the expectations of fans and the press rises to levels I don't think are fair to be judged against.

Lets say we finish 5th - I can honestly see Hughes being put under pressure for that when personally I think it would be brilliant progress.
5th spot would leave me delighted and devastated at the same time (:

SSN midnight... Sky understands that MCFC have tabled an increased bid for Lescott..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.