Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

Think we should put in a bit for Moutinho he seems to be Moyes's top target. Tell him we'll drop out if Lescott comes.

flipmode said:
I think Lescott is just the type of player we miss. He's solid at the back and is a very strong threat at set pieces. He would feed off Barry's deliveries all day long at free kicks and corners.
18M does seem a bit steep, but I suppose that is the going rate for us now?

Follow this up with Kolo and I'll be very happy indeed ;)

Hey if Glen Johnson is worth 18.5m , Lescott surely is worth 15-18m :)

mancboy123 said:
DSOB it may be more it may be less but the simple fact like this rightly or wrongly city are in the worlds spotlight every press agency, every tv channel wants to see what we are going to do.

In a world cup year that exposure is very important to a player. Arguably more important than a few games in the europa league. Maybe, maybe not im just saying there could be other factors other than monetary ones to this deal.

Beyond that I dont think any of us know ( as much as wed love to about the financial inner workings of our respective clubs ) so you may think its too little money, but efc might have assessed as a reasonable price and profit for a player.

Fair post , but regarding the World cup , it's important to remember that Joleon made the England team by playing for Everton , in one of the best defences in the Prem , with 3 of the back 4 exceptional players . Moyes is looking to bolster the right back slot , and if successful , would possibly have ' the best ' defence in the Prem .

Lescott leaving to a team that can afford any player could prove risky business if he was to fall out of favour . One more good season with Everton , where he knows he will get picked week in week out , and his price will soar , especially if he has a good World Cup ( remember Ferdinand ? ) .

Of course Everton might sell , but it's really not in their interest , or indeed Joleons , to do it simply for the money .

Darker shade of Blue said:
mancboy123 said:
DSOB it may be more it may be less but the simple fact like this rightly or wrongly city are in the worlds spotlight every press agency, every tv channel wants to see what we are going to do.

In a world cup year that exposure is very important to a player. Arguably more important than a few games in the europa league. Maybe, maybe not im just saying there could be other factors other than monetary ones to this deal.

Beyond that I dont think any of us know ( as much as wed love to about the financial inner workings of our respective clubs ) so you may think its too little money, but efc might have assessed as a reasonable price and profit for a player.

Fair post , but regarding the World cup , it's important to remember that Joleon made the England team by playing for Everton , in one of the best defences in the Prem , with 3 of the back 4 exceptional players . Moyes is looking to bolster the right back slot , and if successful , would possibly have ' the best ' defence in the Prem .

Lescott leaving to a team that can afford any player could prove risky business if he was to fall out of favour . One more good season with Everton , where he knows he will get picked week in week out , and his price will soar , especially if he has a good World Cup ( remember Ferdinand ? ) .

Of course Everton might sell , but it's really not in their interest , or indeed Joleons , to do it simply for the money .
true but he wants to go and u need the money

stony said:
The fact that Lescot has told Everton he wants to leave will have an effect on the fee.

Seriously Stony , with respect , where have you got that info from m8 ?

Someone who knows someone at your club. I can't name names because jobs would be on the line but I believe the person who told me the info to be genuine.

What kind of reception would he get on his return to Goodison Park as a Manchester City player? (hypothetically) Would he get booed at all?

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
mancboy123 said:

true but he wants to go and u kneed the money

That's something I can't comment on , as we don't know what budget Moyes has .
He will probably have enough to bring in improvements without having to sell though , and we can weigh things up again in January once we see how the season is going .

Oh ok then, lets hang on another year in the hope he has a great world cup and he can be bought for a ridiculously over inflated fee. Pmsl. If he signs here will you still log on?

Just been on SSN, we are about to make a £15Mil bid for Lescott

Granted what you say is right DSOB but he made that england team when the other players were injured (although i may be wrong in that). if we wants to make it on his own merit he will need that exposure.

I dont think his price will soar i really dont. Ferdinand was a freak occurence and i dont think you will ever see over 20m for a defender again unless a terry or vidic came on the market. Its not that i dont think they are worth it, its more that big money is paid for flair players, game winners, marketable players, and while lescott is a v good player he is none of those things so essentially 18m is a v good price for him.

With regards to your best defence in the prem, you may be right the figures certainly back that up but Jags has got to be a worry you never know how a player comes back after an injury like that, will his knee be weak, will he be as willing to put his body on the line as he was before etc etc, and with respect to yobo yes he is a good back up but not in the same league as the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.