Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

I seem to remember a certain Gareth Barry had quite a productive holiday in Dubai recently

mancboy123 said:
DB realistically what defenders can you see moving for over the 20m mark. The transfer market hasnt gone bonkers again just cos RM have made a couple of daft signings.

Look at in the respect of if robinho of robinho costs 32m. You cant justify 25 for a defender it just wont happen.

Didnt we have this conversation about Rio "the smack taking hotpants wearer" - was it £28 mill or £30mill -

mancboy123 said:
Granted what you say is right DSOB but he made that england team when the other players were injured (although i may be wrong in that). if we wants to make it on his own merit he will need that exposure.

I dont think his price will soar i really dont. Ferdinand was a freak occurence and i dont think you will ever see over 20m for a defender again unless a terry or vidic came on the market. Its not that i dont think they are worth it, its more that big money is paid for flair players, game winners, marketable players, and while lescott is a v good player he is none of those things so essentially 18m is a v good price for him.

With regards to your best defence in the prem, you may be right the figures certainly back that up but Jags has got to be a worry you never know how a player comes back after an injury like that, will his knee be weak, will he be as willing to put his body on the line as he was before etc etc, and with respect to yobo yes he is a good back up but not in the same league as the other 2.

Again , some fair points , but when you turn those points around , it only serves as a reason why we wouldn't want to disrupt our best asset , being our defence , hence why I suggest January to be a more suitable time to equate .
We need a first team replacement if he goes , and not a backup , and that takes time and risk .
Also , I wouldn't read anything into this £15mill rumour .
I expect any dealings done between the teams to be VERY quiet indeed if they are not dismissed .
Hughes won't insult the club who own his priority signing regarding position by throwing silly offers around for the sake of the press . If we did sell , it would be essential to do it in such a way that doesn't affect our other targets prices , so I doubt that Lescott if sold , would be sold untill nearer the end of the window .
Expect a quote from both teams denying the bid .

Darker shade of Blue said:
mancboy123 said:
Granted what you say is right DSOB but he made that england team when the other players were injured (although i may be wrong in that). if we wants to make it on his own merit he will need that exposure.

I dont think his price will soar i really dont. Ferdinand was a freak occurence and i dont think you will ever see over 20m for a defender again unless a terry or vidic came on the market. Its not that i dont think they are worth it, its more that big money is paid for flair players, game winners, marketable players, and while lescott is a v good player he is none of those things so essentially 18m is a v good price for him.

With regards to your best defence in the prem, you may be right the figures certainly back that up but Jags has got to be a worry you never know how a player comes back after an injury like that, will his knee be weak, will he be as willing to put his body on the line as he was before etc etc, and with respect to yobo yes he is a good back up but not in the same league as the other 2.

Again , some fair points , but when you turn those points around , it only serves as a reason why we wouldn't want to disrupt our best asset , being our defence , hence why I suggest January to be a more suitable time to equate .
We need a first team replacement if he goes , and not a backup , and that takes time and risk .
Also , I wouldn't read anything into this £15mill rumour .
I expect any dealings done between the teams to be VERY quiet indeed if they are not dismissed .
Hughes won't insult the club who own his priority signing regarding position by throwing silly offers around for the sake of the press . If we did sell , it would be essential to do it in such a way that doesn't affect our other targets prices , so I doubt that Lescott if sold , would be sold untill nearer the end of the window .
Expect a quote from both teams denying the bid .

In regards to wat you have said about sillys offers been thrown around for the sake of the press i think you are hugely mistaken, the club is trying to do all it can to keep the media guessing nowadays.. I havnt read the past few pages of this thread but if hes in dubai and we are after him id expect something to be happening..

Cheers

Pollerz

Citytillidie69 said:
Nothing concrete will happen with regards Lescott for a few days as he is currently in Dubia on holiday.

Dubai, eh?

The only update I have is that City expect the usual Everton posturing today, in terms of putting up a good fight in front of own fans and keeping price high.

Didn't want to over egg this next bit and start a new thread - only because don't have a name.

City/owners are getting extremely confident of handing us an amazing gift/major surprise.

The only relevance for posting this extra info is it is said not to include either Tevez or Eto'o!

mancboy123 said:
DB realistically what defenders can you see moving for over the 20m mark. The transfer market hasnt gone bonkers again just cos RM have made a couple of daft signings.

Look at in the respect of if robinho of robinho costs 32m. You cant justify 25 for a defender it just wont happen.
It will. Already, Johnson and now Lescott are going for almost 20m. That will now be the new benchmark for below-the-best defenders and it will only increase.

A good defence would be more important for City than Robinho, so I could certainly justify spending that kind of money to shore things up at the back.

Yep we did and Ill prob be proved massively wrong but i just cant think of any defenders out there at the moment that will move for that kind of money wasnt Carvalho at 25m the last big signing for a defender?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Citytillidie69 said:
Nothing concrete will happen with regards Lescott for a few days as he is currently in Dubia on holiday.

Dubai, eh?

The only update I have is that City expect the usual Everton posturing today, in terms of putting up a good fight in front of own fans and keeping price high.

Didn't want to over egg this next bit and start a new thread - only because don't have a name.

City/owners are getting extremely confident of handing us an amazing gift/major surprise.

The only relevance for posting this extra info is it is said not to include either Tevez or Eto'o!

oh dont start this at 9.34 am i am so busy today and now i wont get any work done!

mancboy123 said:

There are a fair few defenders around that you could justify silly money for..

EG. Maicon, Vidic, Carragher (IMO) just to name a few..

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Citytillidie69 said:

Dubai, eh?

You better be right ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.