Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

lescott is great, i'm not convinced about kolo toure though. i would rather have Lucio

squirtyflower said:
Can't say I'm too keen on Lescott, certainly not at £18 million.

dare i say it but this reminds me of a certain ferdinand being bought from leeds.

i think he may just have the same impact!

i rate lescott very highly imho.

I call bullshit. I don't see why we would want Lescott and why he would change his mind after commiting to the club and saying he dosen't want to go anywhere, plus I don't see why we'd need him. Ned + Kompany at CB is fine. I'm not saying he is a WUM, maybe just mis informed.

Having said that, if I end up wrong then by all means I'll hold my hands to it.

Thaksins Love Child said:
Some very good, home nations regular internationals in our squad now. Given, Richards, Dunne (prob going), Bridge, SWP, Bellamy, Barry and if he comes, Lescott.

Hart, Ned and Johnson for U21's too.

You could of course add Ireland to this too, obviously his personal choice he is not 1st on their team sheet.

Not to be a pedantic Pat but The Republic of Ireland are not part of the home nations so you'd have to disgard Given, Dunne & Superman but I know what you mean.......!

Richards is shit at centre back. Shit in the air, terrible positional awareness. He is a right back plain and simple thats why he is back there. Fabio has made it very clear he is not good enough to play at centre half for England.

Lescott is a good quality left footed centre back that gets goals from defence. Be a quality signing for us we have needed a left sided central defender for years. Can also cover at left back if required.

£18 million is a bit rich but then again so is £17.5 million for Glen Johnson. Going rate for quality english international defenders.

Personally I think £8 million and Jo would be a better deal for us but they probably just want the cash.

Whats Tolmie's track record with info ??

Lescott would be a great signing. Makes sense buying players that can play two positions for flexibility.

Hes on crap money at Everton so a 70k pw deal would persuade him

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Blue Coop said:
How reliable is this? I fully expect us to make a bid for him but i wasn't convinced he would want to leave.

That's the one thing which can be guaranteed - his real desire to join us. No posturing, no silly demands, just a real desire to come to the promised land.

How do you know such things? The 18m fee doesnt make me feel so bad know Lfc just signed Johnson for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.