Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
jimbo101 said:
Enlighten me - which 2 current players wont be around in January?

K Ethhu, K Torre, E Adebayor and Benjani will play for their respective countries in the Afican Nation Cups which runs from the 10th to the 31st January 2010, with players expected to report of International duty up to 2 weeks prior to the competition starting.

Benjani wont be here, Etuhu is a fringe player and wont be missed. RSC will cover for Adebayor and either Ned or Kompany will slot right in for Toure.

1qwerty said:
yOU'VE SIGNED A FEW HALF DECENT PLAYERS BUT DONE NOTHING YET ... As much as it galls you to accept but Everton have faced teams with far stronger financial backing for years and have still overcome them all .. ie yourselves , Spurs , Newcastle , even pompey and Villa , don't brush us aside ... our record stands up there above ANY team outside the Sky 4 , consistently , Its easy managing a team when things are going right ... it shows how good you are when the problems set in and you still finish n5th ... last season we had months due to injury without a recognised striker . then Arteta got injured ..then Jags ... we still finished 5th and got to a cup final ... what did your multi milkion pound squad do ? ..... finished well behind us
So esentially, what you're saying here is, you can compete with the rest of the Premiership but not with the "top 4"? Have I got that right.

Fair enough but, seeing as we've got more financial backing than any other club on the planet (Madrid come mighty close but even they will have to recoop some money after their spending) it would seem almost inevitable that this season or next the "sky4" will become a "sky5". This isn't false bravado, it's almost a certainty, and any bookmaker in the land will back me up on this. That means, if you can't compete with the current "sky4" then, by definition, you won't be able to compete with the "sky5" and therefore you won't be able to compete with us.

I'm also not sure what you expect with your "YOU'VE SIGNED A FEW HALF DECENT PLAYERS BUT DONE NOTHING YET" comment. You are aware that it's impossible to do anythign with our next signings bearing in mind the season hasn't started yet, right? Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Barry, Toure and whoever else joins us haven't had the opportunity to "do something" for City.

wrongun73 said:
johnmc said:
Please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke

pmsl

Course its a fuckin joke - Just seeing if the toffee twat knew what he was talking about.
Etuhu & Benjani - god, how will we cope without them in January!! Quick, buy some more europeans!

auction294 said:
1qwerty said:
yOU'VE SIGNED A FEW HALF DECENT PLAYERS BUT DONE NOTHING YET ... As much as it galls you to accept but Everton have faced teams with far stronger financial backing for years and have still overcome them all .. ie yourselves , Spurs , Newcastle , even pompey and Villa , don't brush us aside ... our record stands up there above ANY team outside the Sky 4 , consistently , Its easy managing a team when things are going right ... it shows how good you are when the problems set in and you still finish n5th ... last season we had months due to injury without a recognised striker . then Arteta got injured ..then Jags ... we still finished 5th and got to a cup final ... what did your multi milkion pound squad do ? ..... finished well behind us

all that you have demonstrated is that you have consistantly punched above your weight. You will not maintain this without investment in the squad, and that is something Moyes cannot do without selling. You seem to think that by having a few good seasons that it gives you some form of divine right to achieve great things every year. Well that is displaying what you mates on 606 accuse us of, namely arrogance. Everton fans have shown themselves to be the most bitter , twisted and jealous since our good fortune. Why is that? Oh, I know it's fear. Then when the false rumour of a takeover involving Everton you lot get all giddy and start having delusions of grandeur, only for it to be false then the self righteous, poius, holier than thou mentality resurfaced. I've lost all respect for Everton fans, in fact I hope you get relegated. Which incidentally was not that far away once not so long ago. 0-2 to Wimbledon on the last day of the season at half time. You then got lucky when Hans Segers dived 'the wrong way' when you pulled it back for the winning goal 3-2 . Incidentally, wasn't Mr Segers cleared of match fixing?

How can you ' consistantly ' punch above your weight m8 ?
Can't you accept that we are where we are and are there because we are at the right level ?

This isn't a 90's Everton team , just like it isn't a 2nd division City team .
Teams get better , and Everton are not punching above their weight anymore .

johnmc said:
jimbo101 said:
I know its the Africa Cup of Nations, Knobhead, but what makes you think we have any African players in the squad?

Go on - say Onuoha - I feckin dare you!!!!!

Please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke

It has to be a joke. If it's not, we have lost all credibility as a forum in one fell swoop.

jimbo101 said:
wrongun73 said:

Course its a fuckin joke - Just seeing if the toffee twat knew what he was talking about.
Etuhu & Benjani - god, how will we cope without them in January!! Quick, buy some more europeans!

please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.