Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutley said:
Hi, another everton fan here swamping your board. Hopefully I won't come accross an arsehole as some fellow blues appear to in this thread. In their defense I think were all just a bit fed up of seeing you lot spending bucket loads whilst we sit here twiddling our thumbs and pressing F5 every 5 mins on news now. It's been another grim summer and were all a bit sick of it really.
I love everton first but I love football second so I like to visit other football forums every now and again to get their different views on players from their own team and other teams. I always find it amusing how other fans portray our club and players as Im sure you do. Only coming on here did I learn that Onouha was so liked. Seems like you really hold high hopes for him, I have never really noticed him that much but that's probably because I dont watch him that much.

On to Lescott, as many have said I think it will all come down to him. If he wants to go Im sure he'll let/has let Moyes know and we will then sort out a fee. I dont think he'd hand in a transfer request though, I THINK he has too much class to do that to a club that has done a lot for him and would rather sort it out with Moyes quietly.
Personally Id rather keep Lescott unless you offered absolute silly money like £25-30 mill. If we sell him for £20 mill we are left having to find not only a replacement but also cover for left back. Plus the fact that Moyes probably wouldn't see all that money.
If you wonder whether your getting value for money, do you think your getting value for money with Toure? If so then your definately going to get it with Lescott unless it goes above £25 mil. Lescott really is very good, his first 2 seasons with us he was outstanding. He had an iffy few months at the beginning of last season but once him and Jags got their act together they were superb. That's another point, not only would we be losing a great defender but also a great partnership, the likes of which can be hard to forge again. I really do hope this second rejection makes you look elsewhere but unfortunately I think you'll eventually get him. I cant blame him that much either, he and the squad have put so much effort in over the last few years getting us where we are only for it all to count to very little. Pretty soon the likes of yourselves, spurs and villa will overtake us unless Kenwright pulls his finger out his arse.
Look at it from an objective standpoint, do you really feel Lescott is worth £25m? When you consider Tevez and Adebayor cost £25m? And that Xabi Alonso is valued at £25m by Real Madrid? Kolo Toure cost us (if reports are to be believed) £16m, ok he's a little older and had less time left on his contract, but is Lescott really worth £9m more?

I'd suggest not.

jimbo101 said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
OMG - Just wondering if this post should be framed and displayed above the COMS front door .

Obviously the irony of this post is beyond some people.
You said we had 2 current African players & I was challenging you to name them - thinking (wrongly as it turned out) that you had done a quick trawl of the website & seen Ned was born in Nigeria.
Fair play to you in naming 2 - even though neither would be really missed in January.

Quit while you're ahead m8 .

ox-blue said:
The Mighty Toffee's wont finish in the top 6 this year FACT.

Who cares where they finish, they can win the league or get relegated makes no difference to me. Either way they'll play rubbish football and continue to make heroes out of failed rags. Villa and Everton fans have been the most vitriolic to City since the takeover and the reason being they're insecure. They know it's their league position that are in immediate danger, rather than that of the top 4, they don't like it and are quick to point out how fantastic they are and how we're not going to better them. Truth is they're trying to convince themselves as much as us. I just wish they'd do it on their own forums, it all starts off complimentary and then when City fans don't quite hold Everton/Villa in the same high regard as them, the petty insults and one-up manship begins.

Mutley said:
Hi, another everton fan here swamping your board. Hopefully I won't come accross an arsehole as some fellow blues appear to in this thread. In their defense I think were all just a bit fed up of seeing you lot spending bucket loads whilst we sit here twiddling our thumbs and pressing F5 every 5 mins on news now. It's been another grim summer and were all a bit sick of it really.
I love everton first but I love football second so I like to visit other football forums every now and again to get their different views on players from their own team and other teams. I always find it amusing how other fans portray our club and players as Im sure you do. Only coming on here did I learn that Onouha was so liked. Seems like you really hold high hopes for him, I have never really noticed him that much but that's probably because I dont watch him that much.

On to Lescott, as many have said I think it will all come down to him. If he wants to go Im sure he'll let/has let Moyes know and we will then sort out a fee. I dont think he'd hand in a transfer request though, I THINK he has too much class to do that to a club that has done a lot for him and would rather sort it out with Moyes quietly.
Personally Id rather keep Lescott unless you offered absolute silly money like £25-30 mill. If we sell him for £20 mill we are left having to find not only a replacement but also cover for left back. Plus the fact that Moyes probably wouldn't see all that money.
If you wonder whether your getting value for money, do you think your getting value for money with Toure? If so then your definately going to get it with Lescott unless it goes above £25 mil. Lescott really is very good, his first 2 seasons with us he was outstanding. He had an iffy few months at the beginning of last season but once him and Jags got their act together they were superb. That's another point, not only would we be losing a great defender but also a great partnership, the likes of which can be hard to forge again. I really do hope this second rejection makes you look elsewhere but unfortunately I think you'll eventually get him. I cant blame him that much either, he and the squad have put so much effort in over the last few years getting us where we are only for it all to count to very little. Pretty soon the likes of yourselves, spurs and villa will overtake us unless Kenwright pulls his finger out his arse.

Licker ?
What a prat .

One mans prat is another mans beacon of shining light.

There are many City fans on this board who come across as complete dickwads, just because I'm also a City fan doesn't mean I can't see that. There have, most certainly, been a great number of Evertonian arseholes clogging the board of late, so his statement is pretty accurate.

jimbo101 said:
Obviously the irony of this post is beyond some people.
You said we had 2 current African players & I was challenging you to name them - thinking (wrongly as it turned out) that you had done a quick trawl of the website & seen Ned was born in Nigeria.
Fair play to you in naming 2 - even though neither would be really missed in January.

Quit while you're ahead m8 .

Fair one.

Matty said:
There have, most certainly, been a great number of Evertonian arseholes clogging the board of late, so his statement is pretty accurate.

I concur

Matty said:
Licker ?
What a prat .

There are many City fans on this board who come across as complete dickwads, just because I'm also a City fan doesn't mean I can't see that. There have, most certainly, been a great number of Evertonian arseholes clogging the board of late, so his statement is pretty accurate.

I was asking as to why Licker didn't use his own username to make the post .

Matty said:
Licker ?
What a prat .

whilst i read that essay his mates have had my wheels away

Matty said:
Mutley said:

Look at it from an objective standpoint, do you really feel Lescott is worth £25m? When you consider Tevez and Adebayor cost £25m? And that Xabi Alonso is valued at £25m by Real Madrid? Kolo Toure cost us (if reports are to be believed) £16m, ok he's a little older and had less time left on his contract, but is Lescott really worth £9m more?

I'd suggest not.
Fair point but should we be faffing about for the sake of another £5 million?
Hes an England regular and the prospect of a Richards,Lescott,Toure,Bridge back 4 is frightening,i say fuck it and give them what they want-or they could throw Dunne into the deal and his everton tattoo would feel at home!!!

Matty said:

I was asking as to why Licker didn't use his own username to make the post .
So you were assuming you knew the identity of the poster? Perhaps he didn't because you were mistaken?
Or perhaps he didn't because, despite making a series of valid points, you still decided to call him a prat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.