Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

Darker shade of Blue said:
IMHO , THE best defender in the world .
Worth twice what Lescott is any day of the week .

Hi DSOB,
I know all toffees rate Jagielka very highly, and I respect that - after all, you watch him more than we do! - but to say he is the best in the world is surely over the top...

I know that currently there is not a great number of truly brilliant centre backs around, but the likes of Ferdinand, Vidic and co. are surely better...

The other issue as between Lescott and Jagielka, for me, is that Lescott has established himself over more than one season, which is a key factor in assessing a player.

blueinsa said:
Here we go......

Lescott is shit......

Never really rated him anyway.......

pmsl, your not a bad poster mate but you are beginning to crack under the pressure lol

Only my opinion remember , nothing else .

Certainly not a dig at Lescott either.

Jags can play across the back 4 in any position , and also in goal .
He's a damn good dead ball player also , and his timing , and anticipation are as good as any I've seen in his position . He runs our defence , probably our next captain , and rarely makes a mistake , with ultimate composure .
Any blue will tell you that Jags is easily the best player in our team , and most if honest would rather see both Lescott and Arteta go than lose Jags .

I'd prefer Jags too and is he not a city fan as well?
Maybe we'll come back for him once his injury has cleared up !!
Only joking mate , I hate the way fans despise us now cos we are after their best players. It's very uncitylike

Project said:
Have to say I loved the way Villa turned Jagielka inside out in that friendly

jagielka got shit all over. He is way out of his depth at itnernational level

Braggster said:
IMHO , THE best defender in the world .
Worth twice what Lescott is any day of the week .

Hi DSOB,
I know all toffees rate Jagielka very highly, and I respect that - after all, you watch him more than we do! - but to say he is the best in the world is surely over the top...

I know that currently there is not a great number of truly brilliant centre backs around, but the likes of Ferdinand, Vidic and co. are surely better...

The other issue as between Lescott and Jagielka, for me, is that Lescott has established himself over more than one season, which is a key factor in assessing a player.

Fair point , and it is only my opinion after all .
His injury is a huge blow , but hopefully he can over come it and regain the momentum .
I rate Evertons defence as potentially better than Uniteds also ( again my opinion ) . Teams don't often get at United , which gives their defence an easy ride most of the time , where as Evertons defence actually have to defend .

svennis pennis said:
DSOB is on here pimping out players. What Everton message board are you from out of interest?

Is it dead by any chance?

Are we getting back to the proverbial ' piss off back to ' blah blah comments here Sven ?

No I just want to have a read of your forum. Your a good lad and good for the odd laugh and can take the banter.

Bluemer said:
Rag mentioning 2 United players how dare you.
but the likes of Ferdinand, Vidic and co. are surely better...

cmon now - let's not allow allegiances to blind our opinions - that WOULD be a rag fan trait indeed

blueinsa said:
Here we go......

Lescott is shit......

Never really rated him anyway.......

pmsl, your not a bad poster mate but you are beginning to crack under the pressure lol

Only my opinion remember , nothing else .

Certainly not a dig at Lescott either.

Jags can play across the back 4 in any position , and also in goal .
He's a damn good dead ball player also , and his timing , and anticipation are as good as any I've seen in his position . He runs our defence , probably our next captain , and rarely makes a mistake , with ultimate composure .
Any blue will tell you that Jags is easily the best player in our team , and most if honest would rather see both Lescott and Arteta go than lose Jags .

No probs DSOB.

I enjoy your posts mate, you seem a decent bloke and i was just pulling your leg!

I have no problems with Everton and for what its worth mate, i really hope that one day you get a similar gift like ADUG, obviously not as big and not for a few years yet but one day. ;-)

The Fat el Hombre said:
Project said:
Have to say I loved the way Villa turned Jagielka inside out in that friendly

jagielka got shit all over. He is way out of his depth at itnernational level

How can you say that m8 ?
He was playing against the finest team on the planet , and Villa didn't just turn him inside out , but also the rest of the defence .
I takes a long time to gell in a new defence , especially an International one , and defending your Country is an art form that comes with experience of doing the job .
By far the hardest position in the England team to get right .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.