Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

Not sure about your defence claims. Hibbert was shit on silly by Robinho. Centrally though you are really strong

Guys... I just got a text from my source. All I can say is...he said "yes!" !!!

Project said:
Not sure about your defence claims. Hibbert was shit on silly by Robinho. Centrally though you are really strong

Our right side is our biggest topic for debate .
These are the areas that need strengthening , and Hibbert will be replaced with a newer model no doubt very soon , be it Jacobsen or someone else .

Darker shade of Blue said:
Project said:

These are the areas that need strengthening , and Hibbert will be replaced with a newer model no doubt very soon , be it Jacobsen or someone else .

Jacobsen is woeful imo. You definitely need a new signing there and obviously at CB as well.

avoidconfusion said:
Guys... I just got a text from my source. All I can say is...he said "yes!" !!!
You don't even want to joke about things like that unless you want to be inundated with PMs from lonely teenage boys!

svennis pennis said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Project said:

Jacobsen is woeful imo. You definitely need a new signing there and obviously at CB as well.

Why do you think he is woeful ?
From what I've seen of him , he looks like he can do a decent job .
I think Moyes is looking at that area strongly though , so it will be interesting to see how he views the situation .

Bluemer said:
Rag mentioning 2 United players how dare you.
but the likes of Ferdinand, Vidic and co. are surely better...

Facts are facts, as Rafa would say ;-) They may be rags, but they are quality players, and there's no sense in denying that. It would be...rag-like...How can I talk about how good Jagielka is if we don't compare him to the top players in his position?

DSOB: I hear what you say about the difficulty of judging defenders in the top 4 vs. defenders not in the top 4 - the top 4 defenders have a different job to do, as you state. Don't think I have anything else to add, as I'd have to watch Jagielka a lot more to judge. Like you, I rate one City defender (Onuoha) very highly, but it's hard to say whether he's got a place in a better team...happy to leave that judgment to the professionals

Centre back is a tough position to fill. There aren't that many top quality ones around, and so they tend to get hoovered up by the chumps league clubs. A good one is an absolute jewel. Definitely worth as much as a class goalie or centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.