Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biamp said:
I would think he would hand in the transfer request in the next two days or so.

Takes a brave bloke to do that when there's no guarantee that the deal will go through.
Can you imagine how tough it would make it for him if he handed in a transfer request & Everton still turned down the offer.

all true mate but you won't see the days of promoted teams finishing 2nd any more like Watford in the 80s or Forest actuallu winning it in their first year in the top flight

the gap is too wide, too distorted and we finished bottom half after winning the title in 70

in 75 about 7 teams could have won it with a month to go

best of luck - i'm off to defuddle my head of glue

Football has always been close to the Moores' hearts. In 1961, the family took control of the city's other big club, Everton. Sir John took the post of chairman,
Catterick took Everton to 4th in 1961-2 and 1st in 1962-3. But they were one of the most unpopular title winning sides ever. Dubbed the ‘cheque book champions’, they effectively bought who they wanted, a bit like Chelsea today. A massive £175,000 was spent in 1961-62 alone, more than double what Bill Shankly had spent in two and a half seasons getting Liverpool out of the second division.
Dubbed the ‘cheque book champions’, they effectively bought who they wanted, a bit like Chelsea today
The rags were known as "moeybags utd"in 1910 so money as always made a difference.:)[/quote]

bluemoon32 said:
Biamp said:
I would think he would hand in the transfer request in the next two days or so.

Takes a brave bloke to do that when there's no guarantee that the deal will go through.
Can you imagine how tough it would make it for him if he handed in a transfer request & Everton still turned down the offer.

You think Everton might end up doing that, I don't think so. If he hands in a transfer request then all I can see is a done deal for some reason.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/08/02/no-class-115875-21564770/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21564770/</a>

The headline says it all ..... never a truer word said

1qwerty said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/08/02/no-class-115875-21564770/

Did he utter the same rant against Sir Baconface when he pursued Rooney..............................

The Doctor said:
1qwerty said:

Did he utter the same rant against Sir Baconface when he pursued Rooney..............................

Also it is Everton who have made this public by announcing they have turned down a bid not MCFC.

How precisely are we showing no class. We are bidding for a player what we thinkhe is worth, shouldnt we do that just because its everton?

1qwerty said:

Surely this cannot be true? Then again, the Daily Mirror printed it and David Moyes is supposed to have said it so it must be true!

Spot the irony there 1qwerty. Here's a clue if you missed it, papers, & , bullshit, managers, talk ,- please rearrange into a cohessive statement.

evertonfc said:
right i fuckid up last night

may i be the first blue to wish you unqualified best wishes to break what has become a bad state of play with an assumed top 4

why, cos you're the same as us

go for it

but please remember we may be 'skint scousers' and 'sniffing fivers' but the lads who remember gerry gow at goodison and bobby mcdonald at maine road have lived your lives, it's questionable whether the 70s/80s have been worse to us than the 90s/00s to you

go and do it and ffs sake forget the arabic hats

if you get Lescott, he really is quality, fair play, if not at least have recognition of us doing it the other way...

dedicated to the clarence in the 80s and daft donald

Thanks for that I was there watching both the players.

I do hope we get Lescott just to give us some real backbone and depth if an injury occurs,

We need to break into top 4 this season otherwise we will be crucified from every angle.

evertonfc said:
right i fuckid up last night

may i be the first blue to wish you unqualified best wishes to break what has become a bad state of play with an assumed top 4

why, cos you're the same as us

go for it

but please remember we may be 'skint scousers' and 'sniffing fivers' but the lads who remember gerry gow at goodison and bobby mcdonald at maine road have lived your lives, it's questionable whether the 70s/80s have been worse to us than the 90s/00s to you

go and do it and ffs sake forget the arabic hats

if you get Lescott, he really is quality, fair play, if not at least have recognition of us doing it the other way...

dedicated to the clarence in the 80s and daft donald

Thanks for that I was there watching both the players.

I do hope we get Lescott just to give us some real backbone and depth if an injury occurs,

We need to break into top 4 this season otherwise we will be crucified from every angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.