Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail says we've given up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ts-Newcastles-Sebastien-Bassong.html?ITO=1490

Moyes =

nosferatu.jpg

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Forzacitizens said:
what time will tommorows papers go online? they'll be interesting
well here is the mail...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203854/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-defends-Joleon-Lescott-absence-Manchester-City-set-sights-Newcastles-Sebastien-Bassong.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

he doesn't really defend the absence does he?

he just asks a rhetorical question, nothing new there

bizzbo said:
evertonfc said:
i would say he's joining you - it's now up to us to get the best deal possible, surely you understand that

and if that includes putting lescott himself on the spot, so be it

we then play with the money - with a different price range to you

don't forget when you signed your brasilian last year he was one of the most expensive players ever and you pushed the price up to get him

but - he is quality - i've read nonsense on here about how he's over-rated - not at all - athlete, scorer, positionally sound

my favourite centre half ever - that includes mountfield and ratcliffe

I guess that there has been a sea change in the attitudes of Everton fans over the last 72hrs, from what has almost been a seige mentality, there seems to be an acceptance that he is likely to move. I don't know what's brought this on, but it's nice that we can bury the hatchet to some extent, and hopefully there won't be any bad blood between the clubs or fans when the dust settles.

I hope that Lescott doesn't have to make a public request to move, as it would only inflame passions once again. If the deal is going to be done, I think it could be agreed amicably between all parties. City are not an evil empire. I think have handled our business this summer extremely professionally. My impression is that, as a rule, we will treat other clubs with as much respect as they have shown us. The deals with Villa and Arsenal were conducted extremely quickly with a minimum of fuss. The talks with Barca were concluded very quickly. If Chelsea saw another side to us, I think that's because we knew who we were dealing with. They have a record of underhand dealings. The initial bid for John Terry was made at the end of a meeting regarding Daniel Sturridge, a young player of ours who they signed after he refused a new contract, having courted him over several years. Make of that what you will.

I can understand if the Everton fans were unhappy with us submitting incremental offers, but I don't see how it could have been avoided. I can't help but feel that Moyes and Kenwright should have known that a deal was likely, and their proclamations never went so far as to rule out the possibility. If you are faced with someone who you think will sell, who doesn't rule it out, but makes statements like Moyes, Kenwright and Neville have, then I think it's fair to assume that talking sensibly was not their top priority. City's approach (the incremental bids) appeared to me a measured response to the conflicting signals that they were being sent. For what it's worth, I thought that we had shown our willingness to treat you fairly by not insisting that Jo's loan be conditional on any further business.

Moyes' comments that Hughes should have phoned him seem to me a little odd. The normal procedure is for all contact regarding transfer dealings to take place between Chairmen and Chief Executives. Hughes is not responsible for negotiating transfer deals at this club. Any conversation would have been a minefield for him.

Of course, I hope Jolean joins city. I have the same regard for him as a player that you do, and I have a favourable impression of him as a person, from his reputation amongst Evertonians, and the way he has handled himself throughout. What I'd hope for, above all else, is that, if he did have to make a public request to move, that the Evertonians would continue to treat him with the same respect they have shown him up to this point.

Brilliant post mate.
It's a reasoned point of view about the reality of Premiership football. Our owners are not billionaires but actually trillionaires, but they are still principled gentlemen first! Neither Chelsea nor Everton had to make our bids public so their respective fans should take it up with their repective clubs and not take it out on Manchester City.

Everton have a comodity that we covet, we ask in a proper and respectful manner if they would consider selling, to which they blaze their response all across their website in full public glare and they say we have no class? If Moyes suggested that hughes should have just picked up the phone and spoke to him, why didn't he follow his own advice and pick up the phone in response to our faxed offer and tell Hughes 'The answer is no!'

Moyes shouldn't throw stones and we shouldn't lower ourselves to his and Kenwrights public slanging match level, we're Manchester City and we're better than that!!

Ducado said:
bluwes said:
Just a quick question .................have the Mods banned Darker Shade of Blue and his ilk because they are noticable by their absence on here tonight

No, some of the more idiotic ones have been banned but the sensible ones remain

DSOB is just as odious as the ones already banned. He is just more subtle with his insults.

stony said:
Ducado said:
No, some of the more idiotic ones have been banned but the sensible ones remain

DSOB is just as odious as the ones already banned. He is just more subtle with his insults.

i agree there mate, people don't realise that he drops sly insults into his posts

Exactly shame on anyone that defends him.

Bassong is so shit I cant believe we would ever sign him.

We currently have Toure, Kompany, Nedum, Dunne in that order all much better so we would be signing a player that would not even get on our bench. It would be beyond insane.

Alex I dont rate but I could sort of understand at least hes played at a decent level for a successful side and Brazil and actually done something.

Distin = Height of mercenary and well past it now thats just beyond a joke.

The Fixer said:
So it appears Moyes is taking this personal now, and basicaly won't deal with us at any cost. If he does become a real thorn in this deal happening, we should fcuk him over on transfer deadline day and recall Jo imo.

I for one second this!!

Should never have let him go there in the first place unless part of the Lescott deal. They have not paid a loan fee or all his wages, if they dont do what we want surely ending his loan and sending to Stoke or similar is a good option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.