Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C_T_I_D said:
I've got a feeling he'll stay @ Everton personally. I think we have our valuation and Lescott is being priced out of a move to us as we won't go above it and be held to ransom over him. End of the day if it has come to a halt through the way Everton are conducting these discussions regarding the player then we need to pull out Samuel Eto'o style.

I think Lescott will let it be known that he wants to talk to City and then a fee can be agreed. In the case of Eto'o i don't think he wanted to come but we had agreed a deal with Barca, so this is different. When you think about it, if Lescott is on 40k a week and we offer 90k+ then he will force the move i am sure of it and he said he was meeting with the club on Sat to discuss his future. City are not going away and Lescott and i feel he was Hughes No 1 attainable defensive target at the start of the summer because he can play LB to cover Bridge who gets too many niggling injuries.

Maine Rd do you simply think it's a case of Joleon making it clear that he wishes to be granted the opportunity to speak to us and that if this doesn't happen that he will submit an official transfer request? (from your point of view)

C_T_I_D said:
I've got a feeling he'll stay @ Everton personally. I think we have our valuation and Lescott is being priced out of a move to us as we won't go above it and be held to ransom over him. End of the day if it has come to a halt through the way Everton are conducting these discussions regarding the player then we need to pull out Samuel Eto'o style.

Yes but you also said the same thing about Tevez!

evertonfc said:
i would say he's joining you - it's now up to us to get the best deal possible, surely you understand that

and if that includes putting lescott himself on the spot, so be it

we then play with the money - with a different price range to you

don't forget when you signed your brasilian last year he was one of the most expensive players ever and you pushed the price up to get him

but - he is quality - i've read nonsense on here about how he's over-rated - not at all - athlete, scorer, positionally sound

my favourite centre half ever - that includes mountfield and ratcliffe

I guess that there has been a sea change in the attitudes of Everton fans over the last 72hrs, from what has almost been a seige mentality, there seems to be an acceptance that he is likely to move. I don't know what's brought this on, but it's nice that we can bury the hatchet to some extent, and hopefully there won't be any bad blood between the clubs or fans when the dust settles.

I hope that Lescott doesn't have to make a public request to move, as it would only inflame passions once again. If the deal is going to be done, I think it could be agreed amicably between all parties. City are not an evil empire. I think have handled our business this summer extremely professionally. My impression is that, as a rule, we will treat other clubs with as much respect as they have shown us. The deals with Villa and Arsenal were conducted extremely quickly with a minimum of fuss. The talks with Barca were concluded very quickly. If Chelsea saw another side to us, I think that's because we knew who we were dealing with. They have a record of underhand dealings. The initial bid for John Terry was made at the end of a meeting regarding Daniel Sturridge, a young player of ours who they signed after he refused a new contract, having courted him over several years. Make of that what you will.

I can understand if the Everton fans were unhappy with us submitting incremental offers, but I don't see how it could have been avoided. I can't help but feel that Moyes and Kenwright should have known that a deal was likely, and their proclamations never went so far as to rule out the possibility. If you are faced with someone who you think will sell, who doesn't rule it out, but makes statements like Moyes, Kenwright and Neville have, then I think it's fair to assume that talking sensibly was not their top priority. City's approach (the incremental bids) appeared to me a measured response to the conflicting signals that they were being sent. For what it's worth, I thought that we had shown our willingness to treat you fairly by not insisting that Jo's loan be conditional on any further business.

Moyes' comments that Hughes should have phoned him seem to me a little odd. The normal procedure is for all contact regarding transfer dealings to take place between Chairmen and Chief Executives. Hughes is not responsible for negotiating transfer deals at this club. Any conversation would have been a minefield for him.

Of course, I hope Jolean joins city. I have the same regard for him as a player that you do, and I have a favourable impression of him as a person, from his reputation amongst Evertonians, and the way he has handled himself throughout. What I'd hope for, above all else, is that, if he did have to make a public request to move, that the Evertonians would continue to treat him with the same respect they have shown him up to this point.

C_T_I_D said:
Maine Rd do you simply think it's a case of Joleon making it clear that he wishes to be granted the opportunity to speak to us and that if this doesn't happen that he will submit an official transfer request? (from your point of view)

Everton have a massive support and Kenwright is running scared. They wont just come out and say they have accepted a bid in my opinion, it will have to come from Lescott and he will probably agree to hand in a transfer request after negotiations. I am just trying to think things through logically and it is wierd when you speak to the man himself because you start putting yourself in his shoes and making his decisions. Everton are skint and i believe the process they are going through is the best way for them to drive the price up. I believe they want to sell as it just makes good business sense like it did with us and SWP to Chelsea. Everton have had to sign our cast offs on loan and couldnt compete for a Sheffield Utd right back at 5 mill. They clearly dont have the money, their crowds were as low as 30k last season and they were knocked out of Europe early on. 22 million will go a long way in their financial position but i dont think the Jagielka injury has helped things as he and Yobo with Baines and a new RB is a good back line for them. I am not mocking Everton with this, they are a huge club in my eyes but they dont have any money until they find their own sugar daddy.

So, my prediction is that we will sign him for 22-23 million before the end of the window, i dont think we will be walkig away from this deal until its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.