Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobsy87 said:
15% of 20 million is 3 million. 15% of 22 million is 3.6 million.

That's a lot for them to lose realistically isn't it? I don't blame them for not selling @ that price as I doubt whether they believe they are getting a true valuation for the player (a value they believe he is worth)

C_T_I_D said:
Dobsy87 said:
15% of 20 million is 3 million. 15% of 22 million is 3.6 million.

That's a lot for them to lose realistically isn't it? I don't blame them for not selling @ that price as I doubt whether they believe they are getting a true valuation for the player (a value they believe he is worth)

Its why Ive thought £22m all along, that gives Everton £18.5m for Lescott (provided he puts a request in and null's any loyalty payment) which is probably about the right price for them with the "City Weighting" !

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
C_T_I_D said:

Its why Ive thought £22m all along, that gives Everton £18.5m for Lescott (provided he puts a request in and null's any loyalty payment) which is probably about the right price for them with the "City Weighting" !
From what the Evertonians have been saying the percentage owed to Wolves is only based on the "profit" they make from selling him and not the overall price. They got him for approx £5m from Wolves so, should he cost City £20m they only have to give Wolves 15% of £15m.

15% of 22m = 3.3m = 18.7m left

plentys to buy senderos and ben haim and abit left over for happy meals all round

Thats still £2.2 Million. If you added in 10% loyalty bonus that would be £4.2 million gone out of a £20 million fee. It seems we are not keen on paying over £20 million for him, thats a fiar price based on the Johnson deal to Liverpool.

If he hands in a request it saves them a couple of million.

Would it surprise anyone if they actually asked Lescott to put the transfer request in if he wants to go? That way the loyalty bonus would be waived (saving them a couple of money) and they could save face with the Everton fans by saying it was the player who wanted to go and it forced their hand to accept the bid and they wish him all the best for the future etc.

C_T_I_D said:
Would it surprise anyone if they actually asked Lescott to put the transfer request in if he wants to go? That way the loyalty bonus would be waived (saving them a couple of money) and they could save face with the Everton fans by saying it was the player who wanted to go and it forced their hand to accept the bid and they wish him all the best for the future etc.
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I also would be surprised if, once the deal was done, Lescott "let it slip" in an interview that he'd done just that "to help Everton out with getting the deal done".

Matty said:
C_T_I_D said:
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I also would be surprised if, once the deal was done, Lescott "let it slip" in an interview that he'd done just that "to help Everton out with getting the deal done".

flaming hell

it's not a loyalty bonus

it's compensation for one side unilaterally ending the contract. if the player seeks the move, the club get compensated by way of transfer fee. if he doesnt, the club have to compensate him. it's a reverse transfer fee. the point is, if they asked him to waive it, he would have them over a barrel, because their asking him is clear evidence that they sought to initiate the move. even so, I have to think this is not what is holding the deal up.

alera said:
Ouch. Like I said before if he puts in a transfer request and starts demanding a move, Moyes and Kenright are going to look like idiots after saying he would not be sold at any price even over £30 million etc.

I mean its going to be humiliating if he ends up going for £20 million ish after what they have been saying.

I know, it will be humiliating for them and I'll love it, though it won't be the first time it's happened.

Kenright said about Rooney "David Moyes and I agreed Wayne has to be a £50m player now..........I would turn down any bid for him and say: 'Thank you very much. What else do you want to talk about?'"
June 20th 2004
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/3822981.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 822981.stm</a> (*)

Then before the end of the summer

Rooney joins the scum for £27m, nearly half what Everton said they value him at, and even then not sell.
August 31st 2004
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3607620.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3607620.stm</a>

(*) Also includes the classic quote Everton fans have repeatedly said here
'' Kenwright said manager Moyes would make the decision on whether to accept any offer that did come in.

'As for a £50m bid for him, well, there's only one person who will ever make that kind of decision. Not Bill Kenwright, not the Everton board, but the Everton manager.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.