Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In The Know said:
Fuck the greedy bastards, if he hands in transfer request we should make a 15 million take it or leave it final offer. Surely he is worth less if he is forcing the club to move.
I put you forward to do all our transfer negotations in future.

alera said:
Ouch. Like I said before if he puts in a transfer request and starts demanding a move, Moyes and Kenright are going to look like idiots after saying he would not be sold at any price even over £30 million etc.

I mean its going to be humiliating if he ends up going for £20 million ish after what they have been saying.
To be fair mate I think they have known all along he would end up at City, all the £30m crap is to make it look to there fans like they did everything in there power to keep him, when in reality, they can't wait to get there hands on that £20m.

Del_Bosque said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204003/Joleon-Lescott-hand-Everton-transfer-request-prompt-20m-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490

Joleon Lescott to hand Everton a transfer request and prompt £20m move to Manchester City
By Ian Ladyman
Last updated at 12:34 PM on 03rd August 2009
Comments (-) Add to My Stories

Everton defender Joleon Lescott is this afternoon expected to hand in a transfer request in a bid to prompt a £20m move to Manchester City.
City have had two bids - the latest for £19m - turned down by the Merseyside club with Everton telling them that the young England international is not for sale.

But Sportsmail understands that Lescott was this morning in the process of formally writing to Everton chairman Bill Kenwright to make it clear that he wants to leave, even if it means waiving his rights to a pay-off.

Lescott battles for the ball with Landon Donovan during Everton's friendly match against the MSL All Stars last week
Having had their fingers burned by their failure to land John Terry from Chelsea, City will not increase their offer to Everton until there is a formal and clear indication from Lescott that he is ready to walk away.

City remain optimistic that they will manage to sign Lescott and they are happy to go above the £20m mark to do so.
But the Premier League's richest club have identified Newcastle's Sebastien Bassong and Portsmouth's Sylvin Distin as fall-back options if they can not do the deal before the start of the season.

If Lescott does not come than City manager Mark Hughes has been given the go-ahead to sign Bassong and former Eastlands captain Distin.

This, in turn, would pave the way for last season's captain Richard Dunne to leave the club.

City have not identified a captain for the new season but summer signing from Aston Villa Gareth Barry is currently favourite.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204003/Joleon-Lescott-hand-Everton-transfer-request-prompt-20m-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0N7UjR2Oq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0N7UjR2Oq</a>

There we go.

Just seen Moyes is saying Fellaini is in a bad way after having a bad virus and wont be fully fit for the start of the season. Arteta, Yakubu and Jakielka will also miss the first few games at least through injury.

If they end up losing Lescott as well thats half their first team gone for the first few games at least.

I do not understand why it is the preference of David Moyes to receive a phone call from the manager of the club when he has other people dealing with primary negotiations and besides Mark Hughes would not get involved until we are granted permission to talk to the player. I feel that this deal should have been conducted in private and only announced until we actually had a bid accepted for the player in question or if we were simply told that he was not for sale and that there was no price that could prise him away from Everton Football Club, even though there evidently would be given our financial circumstances.

Perhaps someone could aid me if they are good at mathematics though. If it is correct that Wolverhampton Wanderers are to receive 15% of the total fee that we part with to purchase the player how much would they receive of £20,000,000 or £22,000,000 which are the two resounding figures reported in the press.

To me I think it is seemingly inevitable that the player will leave Everton for Manchester City as if his current club do not accept the bid he shall formally request to move and lower the fee even more so than what we were initially prepared to pay as we shall be given the information loud and clear that the player is not happy at his current club and wishes to take the lucrative financial offer we will make to him should we be granted permission to open talks with Joleon.

In The Know said:
Fuck the greedy bastards, if he hands in transfer request we should make a 15 million take it or leave it final offer. Surely he is worth less if he is forcing the club to move.
How exactly are they being 'greedy bastards'? They have a very good player that we want; they are well within their rights to squeeze every last penny out of us.

And if we opted to piss players and clubs off by using such underhand tactics as you suggest, we'd soon find ourselves with very few people willing to deal with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.