Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
bluemoon32 said:
Tell Lescott to put in a transfer request by wed or walk away
Upson, and Hangelaand apart, are there many alternatives? We could just sit tight on this one.

What about Ivanovic? He started out rocky but really started to play well under Hiddink at the end of last year. I doubt Chelsea will be doing much business with us anymore, they're probably a bit fed up with us.

yankblue said:
Marvin said:
Upson, and Hangelaand apart, are there many alternatives? We could just sit tight on this one.

What about Ivanovic? He started out rocky but really started to play well under Hiddink at the end of last year. I doubt Chelsea will be doing much business with us anymore, they're probably a bit fed up with us.

I would think Ivanovic will be Chelsea's preferred right back this season, he has been playing there most of their pre-season games.

be good to have lescott but not for stupid money, would rather walk away than pay the dippers way way over the odds. kompany is just as good for me and i'm happy to go with toure/onouha till vinnie gets fit.
people go on about our shit defence last season, but this was only til new year when players like ball were playing.From january onwards with the addition of given,bridge and ned back from injury we had stopped the rot. our defence is not as big a problem as some make out.

mikeyboy said:
be good to have lescott but not for stupid money, would rather walk away than pay the dippers way way over the odds. kompany is just as good for me and i'm happy to go with toure/onouha till vinnie gets fit.
people go on about our shit defence last season, but this was only til new year when players like ball were playing.From january onwards with the addition of given,bridge and ned back from injury we had stopped the rot. our defence is not as big a problem as some make out.

i agree to a degree, also there is the other point off view that iff we can score a lot off goals it will affect us too. What u tend to see is when u score 1 or 2 quite quickly then the other teams heads will drop hense takin the pressure off too. And there is barry de jong and kompany to winn the important balls in front off the defence.

mikeyboy said:
Last season I thought the future would be Kompany and Onouha so not a bad shout. Not much has been said about Kompany's injury. That's a potential problem, because Toure and Onouha are not good enough in the air to play together. So if Kompany is unavailable we have to rely on Dunne. 2 seasons ago that wouldn't have been a problem.

bluemoon32 said:
Tell Lescott to put in a transfer request by wed or walk away
If we did that, or even there was the feintist whiff of us doing that, Everton would walk all over us in the FA hearing.

He's also not that stupid, if he did it and Everton still refused to budge, he'd be absolutely caned by the Everton support.

What is most likely to happen is that Everton will take our money late in the window, because they know that to not do so, would be foolish in the end.

I wish City would just walk away, he's not worth what we've already offered, let alone any more.

Biamp said:
yankblue said:

I would think Ivanovic will be Chelsea's preferred right back this season, he has been playing there most of their pre-season games.

That must be why Bayern were in for Jose Bosingwa right at the start of the transfer window, but they wouldn't or couldn't meet Chelsea's asking price. If that's the case, we should be in for Bosingwa now! I haven't got much faith in our right-back options and Jose Bosingwa would definitely fit the bill. I really rate him.

Dribble said:
Biamp said:

That must be why Bayern were in for Jose Bosingwa right at the start of the transfer window, but they wouldn't or couldn't meet Chelsea's asking price. If that's the case, we should be in for Bosingwa now! I haven't got much faith in our right-back options and Jose Bosingwa would definitely fit the bill. I really rate him.

Well I don't rate him at all, I think Zab and Micah are way better than him IMO.

Biamp said:
Dribble said:

Well I don't rate him at all, I think Zab and Micah are way better than him IMO.

not a chance, micah is no way near bosingwa yet and even though zab is experienced and a good right back he isnt as good as bosingwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.