Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mkblue said:
Marvin said:
Any news from the Everton message boards? I'm not going to register for Bluekipper or whatever it's called, but one of the Everton fans said there are City fans on there. Any news to report?
There are a few city fans on there, one guy is saying talkshite are reporting that he has put in a transfer request 10.14
nothing on talksport

mcfcliam said:
OJ Blue said:
I know this for a fact, it matters not how I know really, I prefer not to say tbh.

Needless to say I'm convinced more than ever the deal has the green light.

Cheers for the info mate.

Got any idea when it will be done?

Has he handed in a request?

Oh fuck it, I'm not naming him but the info is from an Everton player, not direct to me I hasten to add, but via a friend.

I was told this was a done deal several weeks ago and expected it to be tied up by now.

I'm as eager as you to see him sign as I think we will be a huge player over the next 5 years.

I know a few Wolves fans who said he was a class act for them.

Another day - and no more concrete news. Is Lescott stupid or something ? If he doesnt kick up a stink, this is not going to happen.

The season starts in 12 days this is just getting silly for all parties concerned. Kompany will miss the first month or so, we need more than Toure, Nedum and Dunne IMO (No one mention TBH) especially with Toure missing a month with the African nations in the new year.

The longer it goes on the harder it will be to get cover in if he does a Terry. Which is surely why a few desperation deals like Distin and Bassong are now being touted.

I am bored of the whole affair personally, hes a very good player but Everton are so desperate to drag out every penny it just seems unworkable. We should cancel Jos loan, leave them with an unsettled player and move on to other targets whilst we still have the time.

Has to be done this week so we have at least a week with the full squad.

alera said:
Another day - and no more concrete news. Is Lescott stupid or something ? If he doesnt kick up a stink, this is not going to happen.

The season starts in 12 days this is just getting silly for all parties concerned. Kompany will miss the first month or so, we need more than Toure, Nedum and Dunne IMO (No one mention TBH) especially with Toure missing a month with the African nations in the new year.

The longer it goes on the harder it will be to get cover in if he does a Terry. Which is surely why a few desperation deals like Distin and Bassong are now being touted.

I am bored of the whole affair personally, hes a very good player but Everton are so desperate to drag out every penny it just seems unworkable. We should cancel Jos loan, leave them with an unsettled player and move on to other targets whilst we still have the time.

Has to be done this week so we have at least a week with the full squad.

I'm sure we have a self imposed deadline on it, i.e. End of this week. I'm also sure that they have other players lined up if the deal falls through. MHs n Cook have been planning for this window all year, they'll get right players.

Just been on the grandoldteam.com & I think the Toffees are coming round to some kind of realisation!

Quote: Badwool76
Its starting to sit right with me us getting Senderos. I think he may shine at Everton given the right guidance.

Quote: scottoffee
By all accounts, he was much better in Milan (and for Switzerland) where he could just sit back and soak up attacks, similar to how Moyes likes to set out our centrebacks - even Lescott hardly gets near the halfway line when he's not playing on the left, hence his fewer goals last season than previously.

He'll fit our system and should prove a very good addition.

Quote: Onetruelegend
Im hoping that this one gets sorted soon, we really need cover in central defence, and I think he will be great for us.

Quote: Basil Fawlty
I think Lescott is a good player, but even he makes mistakes. He benefits immensely from being part of a well organised defence. I couldn't see him and Kolo becoming a watertight central defence. They're likely to get just as confused as each other running City's back line.

Senderos however, at a team like Everton where he'd be well drilled, organised and in a defence oriented team, I could see him doing well.

Quote: Neiler:A player with undoubthed potential but needs to get his head right, could be a fixer uper of a signing Moyes is renowned for.

I think im right in saying he had a choice between Utd and Arsenal before he eventually signed for Arsenal. Talent is there.

.............and so on, and so forth!!!

And finally!!!

Times Online:

Joleon Lescott, the Everton defender, has risked a backlash from supporters on the eve of the new season by telling the club that he wants to leave in a bold attempt to force through a move to Manchester City.

Lescott informed David Moyes, the Everton manager, on Monday that he wanted to join City and spent the evening was writing to Bill Kenwright, the chairman, to explain his motives.

It is a huge gamble by Lescott given that there were no guarantees that Kenwright will agree to let him go or that an improved bid from City will be accepted, which raises the prospect of the England defender being deemed an outcast in the event that he is kept at Goodison Park against his wishes.

City are expected to make a third and final offer of up to £22 million and remain optimistic that an agreement will be reached, believing that Everton will not want to keep a player who does not want to play for them, but that fee still falls well short of Everton’s £30 million valuation.

Everton fans are notoriously unforgiving and are likely to view Lescott’s decision as an act of betrayal similar to that in which Wayne Rooney, the England forward, submitted a transfer request to help to pave the way for his move to Manchester United in August 2004. Lescott was not due to feature in the pre-season friendly match against Blackpool at Bloomfield Road this evening because of the hip injury that had ruled him out of the 2-2 draw with Coventry City on Sunday, although that is probably just as well given the strong reaction his decision is likely to trigger among supporters at the game, who are likely to be angry at the news.

If a deal cannot be struck between the two clubs, City will turn their attention to Sébastien Bassong, the Newcastle United defender who is out of contract in two years’ time and Sylvain Distin, the former City defender, now at Portsmouth. Alex, the Chelsea defender, is a distant third alternative.

The news is an untimely blow for Everton, coming only 12 days before the start of the new season, and not the only bit of bad news for Moyes, who doubts whether he will have Marouane Fellaini fit for their opening Barclays Premier League game at home to Arsenal because of a debilitating virus.

The Belgium midfield player lost half a stone after picking up the infection that found its way into his bloodstream during his summer holiday and although he has featured in four of Everton’s five pre-season fixtures, the club’s record £15 million signing from Standard Liège has failed to put the weight back on.

Everton can ill afford to lose another key member of their squad. Mikel Arteta, the midfield player, and Yakubu Ayegbeni and Victor Anichebe, the strikers, are still several weeks from returning, while Phil Jagielka, the defender, is out until November with cruciate knee ligament damage. There have been no significant signings to date other than the arrival of Jô on a season-long loan from Manchester City.

Despite being 6ft 5in tall, Fellaini has dropped to well under 13 stone and Moyes is worried about how much weaker he looks despite being put on a programme to bulk him up.

“He’s lost quite a lot of weight and it’s noticeable how thin he has become,” Moyes said. “He wasn’t a boy that could afford to lose any weight. It is going to take a little while I feel for him to get his full strength back.

“He has not been right all through pre-season and he is still not right. When you are the shape and build he is, when you lose weight it’s not all that easy to put it back on.

“Since he has come back we’ve been trying to get him built up but the weight is not going back on at the moment.”

Looks like something could be brewing!!! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/everton/article6737748.ece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.