Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just posted this in the main forum but it probably belongs here too:

Moyes is being pathetic IMO - if he's holding out for the best price I don't have a problem with that whatsoever, but I'm talking about his comments from the weekend. He'd have a point if City have blatantly tapped up Lescott, but there are no accusations from him regarding this and by all accounts everything has been pretty much above board. It's not our fault that Lescott is now reportedly unsettled at Everton - I think the prospect of doubling your wages and playing for a team that is more likely to challenge for honours in the coming seasons as opposed to a lifetime of finishing no higher than 5th and playing predominantly dour set-piece football is enough to turn anybody's head. That last bit might sound harsh because Moyes has done a fantastic job on a small budget at Everton but whichever way you look at it Everton come across as another Bolton under Sam Allardyce which is a far cry from Moyes's early days as Preston manager when his teams played fantastic football.

As for Moyes saying that at least Chelsea in the Abramovich era have always done things the right way - I'm sorry David but that's the most laughable piece of bullshit I've heard in a long time. Are you saying you have the inside track on every transfer that Chelsea have been involved in over the past 6 years? And how would you call the blatant tapping up of Ashley Cole doing things the right way?

Fuck off Moyes.

Is this the worst kept secret of the year .............

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/03/1419998/arsenal-defender-philippe-senderos-said-to-have-signed-for" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... signed-for</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25880525-29437,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 37,00.html</a>

Blue4ever85 said:
Wasn't it going to be sorted "by the end of the week" for the last few weeks.

And fuck me, what on earth have we been linked with Distin for?

FOR. FUCK. SAKE!

He's older than when he used to play here.

He still fucks up.

He's retired from International duty (Ahahah ah ah ah aha )

absolutely pmsl

As for Moyes saying that at least Chelsea in the Abramovich era have always done things the right way - I'm sorry David but that's the most laughable piece of bullshit I've heard in a long time. Are you saying you have the inside track on every transfer that Chelsea have been involved in over the past 6 years? And how would you call the blatant tapping up of Ashley Cole doing things the right way?

Plus having to pay Spurs over 8 million i think for poaching Arnessan
Plus having to Pay Utd 12 million for Mikel despite him not playing for Utd, but they poached him when he had agreed to join Utd
Plus putting Robinho on website before deal had been agreed.
Plus paying Leeds over 5 million for 2 youngsters they poached, or Leeds would have reported them. Those younsters played a total of 1 carling Cup game between them before leaving.

Yep they certainly do it the right way

According to the MEN, JL has requested the move!

JOLEON Lescott has told Everton he wants to leave Merseyside and join the City revolution.

But MEN Sport understands the England defender has not yet put in a written transfer request, though City are determined to have him in their squad before their Premier League opener at Blackburn.

City already have a Plan B in place, with Sylvain Distin, Alex and Sebastien Bassong on a short-list of possible alternatives.

They have been waiting for the Goodison-based player to take his own future in his hands after having bids of £15m and £18m turned down.

Reports from Merseyside suggest that Lescott appears to have done just that, going to see manager David Moyes yesterday and telling him he wants to leave - but not handing in a formal written request.

Moyes is said to have reacted firmly, telling the player he will not be allowed to go.

Lescott will miss Everton's friendly at Blackpool tonight after picking up a hip injury in the pre-season tour of the US, but the Merseysiders expect him to be available for Friday's game against Malaga.

City are powerless to resolve the issue, and the whole deal depends on Lescott now going the extra step and making his request official.

Even then, there would be some hard bargaining to do, with Moyes adamant he does not want to let a key player to go to a side he feels will be rivals for a top six place - although the cash-strapped Everton board may be more amenable.

Lescott would be the last of City's planned five major signings this summer.

Darker shade of Blue said:
Moyes holds all the aces , not Joleon .
Joleon is contracted untill 2012 , and if he refused to play , not only would his World Cup go up in smoke , but he would be hit very hard by the governing bodies I imagine , so throwing a tantrum isn't an option .
Joleons only option is to continue to be a professional , regardless of what happens.

I agree, those that don't understand why Moyes is doing this would be the first to complain if Barcelona came in to get Robinho, and he acted in the same way. City fans should take off their own blue tinted specs for a minute, just because we have money to throw around, doesn't mean we have a god given right to take whoever we want.

I'm actually impressed that we as a club have kept well out of this publically, there are other "classless" clubs not far away who wouldn't have. MH can't "insist" on Lescott putting in a written transfer request as has been suggested, if that came out we'd be very guilty of "tapping up". Clearly MH wants Lescott, otherwise we would not have gone back, but I think both clubs deserve quite a bit of credit for the way its been handled. The only reason the press know about it, is because Everton have publically rejected our bids, but if I was Moyes, I'd take exactly the same stance, if Lescott is kept then as DSOB says he has to remain professional for the sake of his own career.

As for the effect on Everton of keeping an unhappy player, well someone quoted the Barry situation above, well if thats the best example, then Everton should have a fine season, because if I remember rightly Liverpool tried to sign him last summer, Villa refused, and then had a pretty damn good season until near the end, when the wheels fell off due to their weak squad.

All current news suggests that Moyes has turned down Lescott's verbal transfer request, so Lescott has to write to Kenwright now. They want our money, pure and simple, but I can't blame them for wanting to keep their best players. It just drags on............................

just keeping you up to date ................

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/08/04/everton-s-joleon-lescott-asks-for-transfer-but-david-moyes-says-no-92534-24308143/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/eve ... -24308143/</a>

OrigamiNinja said:
According to the MEN, JL has requested the move!

JOLEON Lescott has told Everton he wants to leave Merseyside and join the City revolution.

But MEN Sport understands the England defender has not yet put in a written transfer request, though City are determined to have him in their squad before their Premier League opener at Blackburn.

City already have a Plan B in place, with Sylvain Distin, Alex and Sebastien Bassong on a short-list of possible alternatives.

They have been waiting for the Goodison-based player to take his own future in his hands after having bids of £15m and £18m turned down.

Reports from Merseyside suggest that Lescott appears to have done just that, going to see manager David Moyes yesterday and telling him he wants to leave - but not handing in a formal written request.

Moyes is said to have reacted firmly, telling the player he will not be allowed to go.

Lescott will miss Everton's friendly at Blackpool tonight after picking up a hip injury in the pre-season tour of the US, but the Merseysiders expect him to be available for Friday's game against Malaga.

City are powerless to resolve the issue, and the whole deal depends on Lescott now going the extra step and making his request official.

Even then, there would be some hard bargaining to do, with Moyes adamant he does not want to let a key player to go to a side he feels will be rivals for a top six place - although the cash-strapped Everton board may be more amenable.

Lescott would be the last of City's planned five major signings this summer.

Did it really say the last of 5? Barry, RSC, Tevez, Ade, Toure, Lescott would be 6???

1894 said:
All current news suggests that Moyes has turned down Lescott's verbal transfer request, so Lescott has to write to Kenwright now. They want our money, pure and simple, but I can't blame them for wanting to keep their best players. It just drags on............................

has he still not finished writing that fucking letter to kenwright yet? apparently he was writing it all yesterday evening too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.