Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, i dont have a problem with EFC as a club, i think that Moyes has done a remarkeble job there and i have always enjoyed the banter with EFC fans.

My problem is that of late they have decided to come on here, with the exception of a few and have decided to give it large, slagging off city and us as fans and for me it was completely unwarrented.

Also Moyes has decided to play the big man through the media and if this transfer goes through, as it now looks likely to do, he will end up looking like a twat!

In hindsight i think that EFC as a club and their fans will know that this could have been handled better by them all.

We have commited no crime, we have bid for a player from another club and at no point did we ever go public on this until EFC decided to!

When EFC bid for players, do they not offer the other club money, do they not offer the player involved a better contract and more money, do they not turn the players head?

Be upset at losing a player by all means but please think about the situation before deciding that we have become the anti-christ.

mikeyboy said:
mancboy123 said:
Piddling 19m? excuse me thats a fantastic price for him. I know the everton fans are fiercely defendant of their club and look at everything through blue tinted glasses.

But just for a second take em off and join the rest of us on real street nearly 20m for a player with no champs league experience, no trophies and very few international caps and who also wants to leave is a tremendous price whether you like it or not.

Also in response to the Moyes love in from the everton fan, my simple question is this what has he won, you keep on bleating on about being a top 5 or 6 team well hurrah that still means theres 4 or 5 teams better than you and you have still won nothing, so why the praise, why the accolades, are you admitting that you are punching above your weight?

Im not saying Moyes is a bad manager far from it but to keep a player who doesnt want to be there is a tremendous mistake, your whole ethos is based on a team spirit and a well organsied, well drilled team, that goes there simply isnt enough talent in the team to see you through.

DSOB talks about world cups when the simple fact is this he wont get into this years world cup team end of. Terry and Camel Gob are first choice centre backs, leaving him, upson and a few others as potential back ups, if we are going to the back ups i dont think capello will be to worried about their professionalism as he will be taking what he can get at that point.

i agree. the thing is lescott has been found wanting every time hes played for england. early days in his international career but could be same as ian wright. great at club level, jack shit at international level.

if moyes decides to keep an unhappy player there then you're right it is a big mistake. and i also think he would do as well. similar to fat sam with RSC in january he will ask an unreasonable price for lescott and price city out.

just to add i think these everton fans on here are getting confused. from what i can gather most city dont think moyes is a bad manager, but they dislike him as a person.bad attitude.
he's cut from the same cloth as bacon face. i lump moyes in with bacon face and fat sam. good manager but an absolute twat of a person. well actually fat sam is shit on both counts!

Hit the nail on the head there lads. Got respect from Moyes and what he has done on a tight bugdet at Everton but his attitude recently stinks. He realises that we are going to be above them come May so is starting mind games up early.

I would honestly describe it as delusional to say that Moyes is a better manager than Fergie or Wenger, unrealistic to say he is a better manager than Benitez and O Neill but realistic to say he is the best beyond that. Though it could easily be said that what Redknapp has done wih worse teams actually winning things and even what Hodgson did with a far far weaker team are better achievements than Moyes.

For me Moyes manages the 5th best team of last year and he was about the 5th best manager, but to say he is better than Fergie or even Wenger is delusional as these two will go down in history (in Fergusons case he will probably be recognised as the best manager ever in this country he has after all nearly matched Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish on his own)

Also Moyes could get loads of money for Lescott in fact enough to by 5 Lescotts if he was a great manager he would be doing that and confident in his ability not whinging on about a mess of his own making.

Also Lescott is in the position of power if he wants out he will get out whatever anyone else says.

I have said it before and ill re-itterate once again. if it doesnt happen we will move on and buy a different player, no harm no foul from us, but bang goes evertons chance of getting jo, or their chance of strengthening an already weak squad as has been admitted by the everton fans themselves.

As the everton fans have stated 20m would allow Moyes to strengthen not only in defence but in other areas and without that they are left with the same squad and an unhappy player, whereas the teams around them have moved forward. Its a bad play by everton on all fronts really to keep the player if the player doesnt want to stay.

I am not having a go at everton fans wanting to keep one of their better players thats understandable but as i have stated earlier its a fruitless task to keep a player who doesnt want to be there and could be potentially damaging to team morale which is a key factor in evertons continued success.

It remains to be seen whether Moyes is content to put his own image and ego ahead of the team.

There is no need for this thread to be this many pages long. FFS how boring is this Lescott transfer becoming!

The whole way football has gone over the last 15 - 20 years is quite sad really that money seems to pave the way to success. If you have no money, you ain't winning no trophies. Apart from us fans there is no loyalty in football. I'd love to have Lescott at the club but its sad that he has had to spit his dummy out to get a move.

We have been in the same position as Everton in the past where clubs have come and taken our best players and we have been pissed off. I wish we dug our heels in as much as Everton and Chelsea (to a lesser extent as they don't need the cash).

As for Moyes, when Royle left City. Moyes was my 1st choice ahead of Keegan and I still think he is a top manager, although unproven with cash..

Wasn't it going to be sorted "by the end of the week" for the last few weeks.

And fuck me, what on earth have we been linked with Distin for?

FOR. FUCK. SAKE!

He's older than when he used to play here.

He still fucks up.

He's retired from International duty (Ahahah ah ah ah aha )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.