Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nmc said:
We have been very good in this transfer window. Cook has proved he is no mug. We will have set a maximum price and we will have set an internal deadline. If this does not happen by Friday we will move on. Other targets will have been sounded out.
I think on the whole your right, but we have been ripped off twice already over transfer fees and not being willing to move on(RSC and Bellamy).

Balti said:
I'm not having that. Everton are not a bigger club than City. Like a few other clubs they have had more success than us in recent years, nay, decades. But that is more to do with the complete effin mismanagement that this glorious club had to endure by tinpot owners with limited ambition and a fractured board structure for way too long. i.e. post-Swales.

Look back to when City were in their pomp for a better comparison of the clubs and wait for the re-run about to begin.

I respect what Everton have achieved. They have a very proud history like ourselves. They are one of the bigger clubs in the league and have the third biggest attendance record of all time after City and someone else at Maine Rd.

But lets not pretend that they 'succeeded' despite a lack of money either. Historically they were bank-rolled by the Moores family of Littlewoods Pools fame and even now sit high in the football rich-list:

Rich List Top 20
1 Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Man City) £15billion
2 Lakshmi Mittal and family (QPR) £12.5bn
3 Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) £7bn
4 Joe Lewis (Tottenham) £2.5bn
5 Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone (QPR) £2.4bn
6 Stanley Kroenke (Arsenal) £2.245bn
7 Alisher Usmanov (Arsenal) £1.5bn
8= Lord Grantchester & the Moores Family (Everton) £1.2bn
8= Dermot Desmond (Celtic) £1.2bn
10= Lord Ashcroft (Watford) £1.1bn
10= Malcolm Glazer and family (Man Utd) £1.1bn
12 Simon Keswick (Cheltenham) £966m
13 Trevor Hemmings (Preston) £900m
14 Mike Ashley (Newcastle) £800m
15 Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) £750m
16 Tom Hicks (Liverpool) £700m
17 The Walker Family (Blackburn) £660m
18 Mohammed Al Fayed (Fulham) £650m
19 Sir David Murray (Rangers) £600m
20 Steve Morgan (Wolves) £400m

The fact that these people now appear to be as tight as a ducks arse and let Kenwright take the strain may now be Everton's problem!!

Crowds are an indicator of how 'big' a club is. And City have always been amongst the biggest. Let them take the piss about the meaningless game that we didn't want to be in in the old third division but apart from that we have consistently been one of the biggest draws in the country regardless of all the obstacles placed before us. At times the very biggest. Strange for a small club with no history. FPMSL.

Could you please edit your no. 1 spot. I thought we are owned by ADUG, approximated wealth of around 3.5 trillion dollars / pounds / euros, doesnt really matter (unless its Turkish Lire)

"Balti wrote:
I'm not having that. Everton are not a bigger club than City. Like a few other clubs they have had more success than us in recent years, nay, decades. But that is more to do with the complete effin mismanagement that this glorious club had to endure by tinpot owners with limited ambition and a fractured board structure for way too long. i.e. post-Swales.

Post Swales? no sorry Swales was the mismanagement post Swales ie Lee and Wardle/Makin put things in order but suffered because of him

SSN are saying that Everton have denied Lescott has put in a transfer request written or otherwise.

Either Everton are lying or the player is not being taken seriously.

Normally at this stage the player would go pubic but I doubt he will. Doesnt seem to have the balls.

Alonso just got his move to Real guess what he put in a written transfer request and made it obvious to the press himself he wanted to move.

If Toure and Adabayor can leave Arsenal for CIty, Tevez from the rags, for Lescott to say he wants a move should be very easy and straight forward. I just think he is pissing us around the way he has handled this.

alera said:
SSN are saying that Everton have denied Lescott has put in a transfer request written or otherwise.

Either Everton are lying or the player is not being taken seriously.

Normally at this stage the player would go pubic but I doubt he will. Doesnt seem to have the balls.

Alonso just got his move to Real guess what he put in a written transfer request and made it obvious to the press himself he wanted to move.

If Toure and Adabayor can leave Arsenal for CIty, Tevez from the rags, for Lescott to say he wants a move should be very easy and straight forward. I just think he is pissing us around the way he has handled this.

you do seem to repeat yourself dont you

pbibs said:
Balti said:

Look back to when City were in their pomp for a better comparison of the clubs and wait for the re-run about to begin.

I respect what Everton have achieved. They have a very proud history like ourselves. They are one of the bigger clubs in the league and have the third biggest attendance record of all time after City and someone else at Maine Rd.

But lets not pretend that they 'succeeded' despite a lack of money either. Historically they were bank-rolled by the Moores family of Littlewoods Pools fame and even now sit high in the football rich-list:

Rich List Top 20
1 Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Man City) £15billion
2 Lakshmi Mittal and family (QPR) £12.5bn
3 Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) £7bn
4 Joe Lewis (Tottenham) £2.5bn
5 Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone (QPR) £2.4bn
6 Stanley Kroenke (Arsenal) £2.245bn
7 Alisher Usmanov (Arsenal) £1.5bn
8= Lord Grantchester & the Moores Family (Everton) £1.2bn
8= Dermot Desmond (Celtic) £1.2bn
10= Lord Ashcroft (Watford) £1.1bn
10= Malcolm Glazer and family (Man Utd) £1.1bn
12 Simon Keswick (Cheltenham) £966m
13 Trevor Hemmings (Preston) £900m
14 Mike Ashley (Newcastle) £800m
15 Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) £750m
16 Tom Hicks (Liverpool) £700m
17 The Walker Family (Blackburn) £660m
18 Mohammed Al Fayed (Fulham) £650m
19 Sir David Murray (Rangers) £600m
20 Steve Morgan (Wolves) £400m

The fact that these people now appear to be as tight as a ducks arse and let Kenwright take the strain may now be Everton's problem!!

Crowds are an indicator of how 'big' a club is. And City have always been amongst the biggest. Let them take the piss about the meaningless game that we didn't want to be in in the old third division but apart from that we have consistently been one of the biggest draws in the country regardless of all the obstacles placed before us. At times the very biggest. Strange for a small club with no history. FPMSL.

Could you please edit your no. 1 spot. I thought we are owned by ADUG, approximated wealth of around 3.5 trillion dollars / pounds / euros, doesnt really matter (unless its Turkish Lire)

It's ADIA thats worth £650Billion not ADUG mate.

We need to stop this today or tomorrow. We can't go on like this. We need the player for pre-season work too. Offer 21m, and then give a deadline of 24 hours and put pressure on Lescott. We can't keep on waiting anymore and we have to move for other targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.