Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

Blue Coop said:
Daz_Blue said:
If we signed Lescott and Toure then we could play

NEDUM KOMPANY TOURE LESCOTT

Iv always wanted to see much more of Onouha on the right, he has the pace to keep up with the wings.

And When that boy gets running (and boy he can run!) he usually leaves players for dust.
Hes very fast and a good enough defender for RB but unfortunatly his passing lets him down. I dont think he can cross the ball and his shooting is great, remember Copenhagen ;D

Tricky_Trev said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Blue Coop said:
How reliable is this? I fully expect us to make a bid for him but i wasn't convinced he would want to leave.

That's the one thing which can be guaranteed - his real desire to join us. No posturing, no silly demands, just a real desire to come to the promised land.
I think it became quite clear that he wants to join us when he refused to commit himself to Everton the other week when asked about City. Is this the source of your claims that he wants to join us, or have you actually heard from someone close to him that he wants to join us?

Lescott has come across as a real class act. Has informed all relevant parties what his stance is.

Everton were also asked if they wanted Jo back again on loan by way of a sweetner - we are still waiting to hear back on that one!

Daz_Blue said:
I would not mind both Lescott and Westermann ..... given the choice I would go for the German ... younger and would cost half the amount

disagree mate, 18m was/is alot of money,with this years inflated fees i think its a fair price for a proven prem player, this imho would be a fantastic buy for us, 100% guaranteed no risk whatsoever.

bobmcfc said:
Richards is young and maybe he has struggled due to the fact we had a new manager last season that had new tactics and a new demands. a usually solid richard dunne also struggled under Hughes. they just need time to adapt to the changes. if hughes is getting a chance can the players not be afforded the same grace, it's all new to them too ?

That's a fair comment.
Well said bob.
People drooling over Tevez.
Remember the "Giovanni" Derby.
Micah never gave him a sniff.
He'll come good.......again

BlueMo' said:
bobmcfc said:
Richards is young and maybe he has struggled due to the fact we had a new manager last season that had new tactics and a new demands. a usually solid richard dunne also struggled under Hughes. they just need time to adapt to the changes. if hughes is getting a chance can the players not be afforded the same grace, it's all new to them too ?

That's a fair comment.
Well said bob.
People drooling over Tevez.
Remember the "Giovanni" Derby.
Micah never gave him a sniff.
He'll come good.......again

i thought my speech had gone un noticed too.

rushts said:
Daz_Blue said:
I would not mind both Lescott and Westermann ..... given the choice I would go for the German ... younger and would cost half the amount

disagree mate, 18m was/is alot of money,with this years inflated fees i think its a fair price for a proven prem player, this imho would be a fantastic buy for us, 100% guaranteed no risk whatsoever.
Personally I'd take a chance on Westermann. Then again we could buy both :D

Don't think anyone has mentioned this but last sat in D Mail it was reported that Lescott had told friends he was 'dead keen' to move to City..............make of that what you will
Personally - he is what we need being left footed and exactly a Hughes signing of being prem ready, tuned in. no settling in...also as in RSC...Hughes always harps on about hitting the ground running and I can see a very interesting jigsaw begining toi take shape if we do get him.....18 mill very high but seems thats the rate at mo....and Johnson at 16 mill really is taking the p.....wise signing for Hughes if we doi get him [i think we will]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.