Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garry.Cook said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
How long ago was you told this news? Osman played for Everton tonight and the match only finished at about 9.40pm

He rang me about 15 mins ago, I posted as soon as I heard. No idea what time they arrived or anything, he just rang me and said "never guess who I was speaking to before". Sorry.

That would be about 9:15pm then ?

mcfcliam said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/08/04/lescott-shocks-115875-21569778/

Joleon Lescott will write a begging letter to Everton to let him join Manchester City.

England defender Lescott is ready to pen a personal plea to Goodison owner Bill Kenwright.

City boss Mark Hughes may yet have to pay £30million for the centre-half he wants to play alongside new signing Kolo Toure in the heart of City's defence this season.

Lescott broke the news that he wants to leave Merseyside to manager David Moyes yesterday and will now make that decision formal.

Lescott knows he could walk into a contract where his wages will be trebled if he goes to City and he hopes to appeal to Kenwright's human nature and ask him not to stand in his way.

Moyes had claimed Lescott would not leave during this transfer window but Everton have been left in no doubt about the player's feelings.

Kenwright is likely to accept Lescott's request as the Toffees will not want to keep an unhappy star - but he will hold out for a big fee from City.

Pure guess work imo, any of us could write that bollocks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/04/everton-joleon-lescott-manchester-city-transfer

• Everton centre-back asks David Moyes for transfer
• Manchester City must improve bid of £18m to revive deal

Joleon Lescott's hope of securing a lucrative move to Manchester City has receded after the Everton manager, David Moyes, rejected a verbal transfer request from the England international.

The defender told Moyes in a meeting at the club's Finch Farm training base yesterday morning that he wants to leave Goodison Park for Eastlands, where he would double his £40,000-a-week salary. Moyes responded by informing the 26-year-old he would not be sold regardless of City's offer or Lescott's desire to quit the club he joined for £5m from Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2006.

Everton last night signed the Switzerland centre-half Philippe Senderos from Arsenal, the Swiss football federation announced. But Moyes had lined up that £2.5m transfer as cover for Phil Jagielka, who is expected to be out until December with a cruciate ligament injury.

Moyes's intransigence over Lescott, a stance supported by the Everton chairman, Bill Kenwright, may still be challenged by an astronomical offer from City before the start of the new Premier League season but Everton have been consistent about Lescott's future for several months. The club have rejected two bids from City, for £15m and £18m plus add-ons, and Lescott has so far stopped short of submitting a written transfer request. He does intend, however, to write to Kenwright to explain his reasons for wanting to join City after a successful three-year stay on Merseyside.

Everton's position has left City little option but to lodge a vastly improved offer for Lescott, who has now given his suitors more encouragement that a deal can be done than Chelsea's John Terry ever did. Moyes is determined to prevent a club he views as a rival for next season from strengthening at his expense.

Lescott missed Everton's pre-season game at Coventry City on Sunday and will also sit out tonight's friendly at Blackpool. Moyes, however, has insisted the defender's absence is not connected to his desire to join City. "Joleon picked up a hip injury while we were in America," he said. "We don't expect him to be fit for Tuesday but hopefully he can make it on Friday against Málaga."

Guardian is reliable I think.

These stories are 24hrs old (about Lescott wanting out). We'll know a little more after tomorrows game. If only a little.

The next story will be Everton saying Lescott doesn't want to leave at all. Covering for him after Moyes telling him NO DEAL. Just watch.

Dillon said:
These stories are 24hrs old (about Lescott wanting out). We'll know a little more after tomorrows game. If only a little.

The next story will be Everton saying Lescott doesn't want to leave at all. Covering for him after Moyes telling him NO DEAL. Just watch.

They are tomorrow's headlines.

and the Guardian has been spot on about the Lescott bids and the time they will be submitted. Also been right about Adebayor.

mcfcliam said:
They are tomorrow's headlines.

Yeah, I'll be F5ing come midnight. "LESCOTT COMMITTED" Say Everton.

One thing is for sure, Everton are going to be even more annoyed with us after this. If there's a £15M in Jo's loan contract and he scores 15-20 goals at Everton, you can be sure we're not letting them have him permenantly now. I'd expect anyone they target to be given a tidy couple of million bump by City aswell.

I don't particularly approve of that but business is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.