Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought it would get there but 1,000 pages here we come.

22 mill take it or leave it tomorrow. If Lescott won't hand in a formal transfer request then he doesn't want to better himself ;-) If Everton genuinely don't want to do business then fook 'em and move on. You can't blame them to be fair. As someone said earlier if I was a toffee I would be proud of the stance they appear to be taking. If the deal is there to be done it can be done tomorrow.

I don't believe that Lescott is that important to us. Useful yes. Worth bending over the barrel for? No.

He'll be cheaper in January once he's got poor form and a pissed off attitude on his record. But then our vacancy will no doubt be filled by then.

BlueMooner87 said:
BlueTurban said:
I wouldn't be suprised if this is true. everton are trying to prove a point that they wont be bullied (even though theyre not anyway). Out of interest which bar is it that your brother works in?

AND NO UPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!
if this is true we really ought to call Jo back and fuck that scottish **** off

jo can't be recalled. they also have an agreed price they can sign him for when the loan is up.
we shouldn't of agreed anything unless they sold us lescott.

Yeah it appears that the Jo deal may have been a slight mistake (no complaints from Moyes about the way he went to the press and said he'd like to sign Jo but couldn't afford it, thus putting pressure on City to lower their asking price through the media, which seems to be anathema to him. Strange.) but we have to remember that Jo was one of the group that tried to get Hughes sacked last year so he won't want his influence anywhere near Carrington. And let's face it, he's not very good.

crob said:
BlueMooner87 said:
if this is true we really ought to call Jo back and fuck that scottish **** off

jo can't be recalled. they also have an agreed price they can sign him for when the loan is up.
we shouldn't of agreed anything unless they sold us lescott.

Any idea how much the Jo price is? I can see us getting shit on from a great height. Again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/08/04/lescott-shocks-115875-21569778/

Joleon Lescott will write a begging letter to Everton to let him join Manchester City.

England defender Lescott is ready to pen a personal plea to Goodison owner Bill Kenwright.

City boss Mark Hughes may yet have to pay £30million for the centre-half he wants to play alongside new signing Kolo Toure in the heart of City's defence this season.

Lescott broke the news that he wants to leave Merseyside to manager David Moyes yesterday and will now make that decision formal.

Lescott knows he could walk into a contract where his wages will be trebled if he goes to City and he hopes to appeal to Kenwright's human nature and ask him not to stand in his way.

Moyes had claimed Lescott would not leave during this transfer window but Everton have been left in no doubt about the player's feelings.

Kenwright is likely to accept Lescott's request as the Toffees will not want to keep an unhappy star - but he will hold out for a big fee from City.

chorleybloo123 said:
So Lescott could either get £60k p/w or get £80-90k p/w and a hefty signing on fee?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That's not really the issue though is it. Lescotts only choice would be to take the 60k if they refuse to sell.

Moyes holds all the cards and he's playing them well. As much as I hate him for it, you have to admire him fighting for his club.

If Moyes has told Lescott he will refuse any transfer then there's no point in putting in an official request because all that will do is make him fall out with the fans. For nothing.

Time to move on. And I don't mean to another signing. It was Lescott or no-one for me. Anyone else would just be a stop-gap.

Let's go with Ned and Toure.

Bring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.