Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lescott update

chazmcfc said:
More than happy to be dismissed. As i say press/ssn will pick up on the story tomorrow. Will be done by end of week. Ban me if im wrong, never wanted to have any ITK status infact i despise it when people on here are labelled ITKS.

well we,ll know soon enough then m8 ,you never know lads not all are bullshitters .... but get your tin hat ready though m8

sdavros said:
if this is a WUM it's one of epic proportions. 4 years in the making

Exactly...not just joined the forum has he...? Jeez, anyone posts anything they have heard and the forum police jump on them.....It's a wonder anyone bothers to.
Give the guy a break and chance to be proved right or wrong before you call for a lynching. FFS

Ok, here's what I know (last update was from late yesterday afternoon) A couple on here know the source of the info and others should work it out from the info I will post below. From here you can make your own decision and I wont be asking again as I am losing interest in the whole affair unfortunately. The source is an Everton first teamer.

He stated some time back that Lescott had been approached by us and wanted the move to happen from a very early stage, indicating his willingness at the time to force the issue through. For the last couple of weeks my source has not been with his Everton colleagues and so news has not been forthcoming other than the odd indication from chats with team mates etc that nothing had changed. He is back with them this week and yesterday the info I got back was that Lescott had indeed verbally informed the club he wanted to SPEAK to city (my source indicated that this was the norm as officially he would not have spoken to us at this point, even though it seems common knowledge he or his agent at least have, and know the deal). His request was refused and he again was told that he features in the managers plans. Now at this point he was also apparently told that he should think long and hard if he were planning to hand in a transfer request as not only would this be made public it would also be refused. My source said that there is definately an atmosphere developing about this at the club but surprisingly it appears to be Evertons insistance on not being reasonable as opposed to Lescott not wanting to stay that is the main source of discussion amongst the players.

The player in question is only young and passed me this info reluctantly (he is an extremely close friend of a family member). In light of this I wont be asking him for any further info. At the start of all this he was 100% confident Lescott would come to us, Now he thinks he wants to still come but really doesnt know if Lescott has the bottle to call Moyes bluff. It looks like its coming to an end now anyway so lets wait and see.

sdavros said:
if this is a WUM it's one of epic proportions. 4 years in the making

Yeah, I'd have thought during those 4 years there was more interesting people to make stuff up about than Joleon Lescott! Hope he's right just want a conclusion to this now.

Close to £22 million or some stupid amount like that, nearly as bad as £16 million on Toure...

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
The player in question is only young and passed me this info reluctantly (he is an extremely close friend of a family member). In light of this I wont be asking him for any further info. At the start of all this he was 100% confident Lescott would come to us, Now he thinks he wants to still come but really doesnt know if Lescott has the bottle to call Moyes bluff. It looks like its coming to an end now anyway so lets wait and see.

Cheers Nixon that was a very interesting read. If the Everton players think their club is being unreasonable, then this will surely effect morale. Also if Lescott does put in a request and it is still turned down. Players are going to be wary of renewing existing contracts.
Moyes could be biting off his nose to spite his face here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.