Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lescott update

Its certainly a bizarre situation. I have been away for a week and expected it to have progressed. It appears that the only thing stopping Lescott is Moyes.

Im sure all Everton fans would be able to admit that if Moyes stood aside, Lescott would be our player in an instant.

What he is doing is destabilizing a very tight nit group of players. If there is one thing we have had rammed down our throats by the Everton fans on here is that their club and success is built on team spirit. Blatantly denying one of your players the opportunity they desire to the point of bloody mindedness is bordering on the ridiculous and could jeopardize that cohesion.

Moyes has taken his tough guy stance way to far here, he may not see much difference between our club and his, but he is denying a player a chance to potentially progress himself further and take the chance. Future targets could look at what is going on and feel that maybe Everton arent the place to go. In my opinion I cant see us getting him. I get the feeling that if we were playing in red and managed by a certain drunk scott we would of just been able to walk in through the front door with a swift handshake and the player would be ours. Would he be so difficult had Arsene seen Arteta as the creative midfielder he desires? I doubt it. Its because its us. This appears to be like Moyes seeing this as his last desperate throw of the dice to keep us behind Everton and not just step over them. He is clinging on with his fingernails right now but I think it might just pay off but ultimately it could end up a very hollow 'victory' in the long term.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ok, here's what I know (last update was from late yesterday afternoon) A couple on here know the source of the info and others should work it out from the info I will post below. From here you can make your own decision and I wont be asking again as I am losing interest in the whole affair unfortunately. The source is an Everton first teamer.

He stated some time back that Lescott had been approached by us and wanted the move to happen from a very early stage, indicating his willingness at the time to force the issue through. For the last couple of weeks my source has not been with his Everton colleagues and so news has not been forthcoming other than the odd indication from chats with team mates etc that nothing had changed. He is back with them this week and yesterday the info I got back was that Lescott had indeed verbally informed the club he wanted to SPEAK to city (my source indicated that this was the norm as officially he would not have spoken to us at this point, even though it seems common knowledge he or his agent at least have, and know the deal). His request was refused and he again was told that he features in the managers plans. Now at this point he was also apparently told that he should think long and hard if he were planning to hand in a transfer request as not only would this be made public it would also be refused. My source said that there is definately an atmosphere developing about this at the club but surprisingly it appears to be Evertons insistance on not being reasonable as opposed to Lescott not wanting to stay that is the main source of discussion amongst the players.

The player in question is only young and passed me this info reluctantly (he is an extremely close friend of a family member). In light of this I wont be asking him for any further info. At the start of all this he was 100% confident Lescott would come to us, Now he thinks he wants to still come but really doesnt know if Lescott has the bottle to call Moyes bluff. It looks like its coming to an end now anyway so lets wait and see.
Is that not blackmailing?

If I we're Lescott I'd think long and hard about taking action over Moyes!

0928 BST: Bolton manager Gary Megson says he is prepared to listen to offers for defender Danny Shittu. (Bolton Evening News)

Keep an eye on the gossip column throughout the day for updates and breaking news during the transfer window.

Tell Lescott to do one and get on the phone to Megson.

Whether he knows this for an absolute fact or not, he's almost certainly right. Evilton are in talks with Arsenal for a replacement, so Lescott is no doubt kicking off and they must be losing faith in their ability to keep him. Whether it will be tomoz or not is another matter but I would be astonished if Lescott isn't a City player by the time we kick off at Blackburn in a week and a half's time.

Happy Feet said:
0928 BST: Bolton manager Gary Megson says he is prepared to listen to offers for defender Danny Shittu. (Bolton Evening News)

Keep an eye on the gossip column throughout the day for updates and breaking news during the transfer window.

shittu, the clue is in his name, he's shit.

Apparently Senderos is going to Villa as Evertn cant afford the £4.5 million fee or his wages.

Ok, here's what I know (last update was from late yesterday afternoon) A couple on here know the source of the info and others should work it out from the info I will post below. From here you can make your own decision and I wont be asking again as I am losing interest in the whole affair unfortunately. The source is an Everton first teamer.

He stated some time back that Lescott had been approached by us and wanted the move to happen from a very early stage, indicating his willingness at the time to force the issue through. For the last couple of weeks my source has not been with his Everton colleagues and so news has not been forthcoming other than the odd indication from chats with team mates etc that nothing had changed. He is back with them this week and yesterday the info I got back was that Lescott had indeed verbally informed the club he wanted to SPEAK to city (my source indicated that this was the norm as officially he would not have spoken to us at this point, even though it seems common knowledge he or his agent at least have, and know the deal). His request was refused and he again was told that he features in the managers plans. Now at this point he was also apparently told that he should think long and hard if he were planning to hand in a transfer request as not only would this be made public it would also be refused. My source said that there is definately an atmosphere developing about this at the club but surprisingly it appears to be Evertons insistance on not being reasonable as opposed to Lescott not wanting to stay that is the main source of discussion amongst the players.

The player in question is only young and passed me this info reluctantly (he is an extremely close friend of a family member). In light of this I wont be asking him for any further info. At the start of all this he was 100% confident Lescott would come to us, Now he thinks he wants to still come but really doesnt know if Lescott has the bottle to call Moyes bluff. It looks like its coming to an end now anyway so lets wait and see.

Anyway I can believe what has been posted it rings true. Does not do anything to improve my opinion of Lescott to be honest.

keemcfc said:
Happy Feet said:

shittu, the clue is in his name, he's shit.

He did have a stormer against us for Watford a few years back though...............

keemcfc said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:

He signed a contract so what action are you suggesting he takes?

BringBackSwales said:
keemcfc said:

He signed a contract so what action are you suggesting he takes?

How long does he have left on that contract out of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.