Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lescott update

Exactly...not just joined the forum has he...? Jeez, anyone posts anything they have heard and the forum police jump on them.....It's a wonder anyone bothers to.
Give the guy a break and chance to be proved right or wrong before you call for a lynching. FFS[/quote]

spot on mate

Ntini77 said:
RobinJo said:
Close to £22 million or some stupid amount like that, nearly as bad as £16 million on Toure...

Thought it was 14m

Says on SSN that Toure was £16m and I just guessed at Lescott :P

RobinJo said:
Close to £22 million or some stupid amount like that, nearly as bad as £16 million on Toure...

Agree, but i think they will be a good partnership at the back, Lescott's strong points are Toure's weak points, like wining the ball in the air. Also he can play Left back, because if Brdige gets injured Garrido is not good enough, Simple. But does seem like alot, to be honset.

the OP is from someone who's posted on here for ages so he's taken along time to become a WUM, i thank him 4 the news, any one constantly going through this thread has been asking for new news and now we get some and people get there backs up! thanks to nixon aswell 4 your little bit of info! and i also challenge bring back swales to post something that doesn't bloody mention lescott writing a letter to everton and how long its taken him!!!. . . . . . . . . . . . . your obsessed man!

Ntini77 said:
RobinJo said:
Says on SSN that Toure was £16m and I just guessed at Lescott :P

Says on his profile off the OS, 14m.

But then again also says he was born in the Ivory Close..............

Not sure of the accuracy of this site but take a look,some interesing prices(in and out)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/verein/281/manchester-city/transfers/uebersicht.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/verein/2 ... sicht.html</a>

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ok, here's what I know (last update was from late yesterday afternoon) A couple on here know the source of the info and others should work it out from the info I will post below. From here you can make your own decision and I wont be asking again as I am losing interest in the whole affair unfortunately. The source is an Everton first teamer.

He stated some time back that Lescott had been approached by us and wanted the move to happen from a very early stage, indicating his willingness at the time to force the issue through. For the last couple of weeks my source has not been with his Everton colleagues and so news has not been forthcoming other than the odd indication from chats with team mates etc that nothing had changed. He is back with them this week and yesterday the info I got back was that Lescott had indeed verbally informed the club he wanted to SPEAK to city (my source indicated that this was the norm as officially he would not have spoken to us at this point, even though it seems common knowledge he or his agent at least have, and know the deal). His request was refused and he again was told that he features in the managers plans. Now at this point he was also apparently told that he should think long and hard if he were planning to hand in a transfer request as not only would this be made public it would also be refused. My source said that there is definately an atmosphere developing about this at the club but surprisingly it appears to be Evertons insistance on not being reasonable as opposed to Lescott not wanting to stay that is the main source of discussion amongst the players.

The player in question is only young and passed me this info reluctantly (he is an extremely close friend of a family member). In light of this I wont be asking him for any further info. At the start of all this he was 100% confident Lescott would come to us, Now he thinks he wants to still come but really doesnt know if Lescott has the bottle to call Moyes bluff. It looks like its coming to an end now anyway so lets wait and see.

Cheers Nixon, enjoy reading your posts as usually they bring a bit of humour when things go a bit nuts! Nice one for passing on the info, like you I'm losing interest in the whole thing so it'll be good for it to be over one way or another.

thanks nixon. matches my reading of the situation. moyes is in a belligerent mood, and would do well to calm down. we know he has balls, but he needs to display his intelligence to make the best of the situation for his club.

I thought several days ago that it was possible that the everton players might be as unsettled by moyes' stance, as by Lescott's apparent desire to leave. they have to think, what would I want if I was in Jolean's position? would the manager treat me fairly? if not, it could create an atmosphere of fear and mistrust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.